Ares Games

Thread: 10 Years on the 'Drome!

Default 10 Years on the 'Drome!

Today marks the 10th anniversary of my joining this esteemed body of pilots.

It has been great to be able to learn so much from everyone, but even better to have made so many acquaintances and, especially, many new friends, quite a number of whom I have been privileged to have met in person.

So, Belly Up to the bar - I'm buying!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Congratulations, Tim, and thank you for your contributions to this Forum.

Congrats Tim, it's been good to know you all this time
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Wow! Congrats on the milestone, but even more, thank you for being part of the Forum and sharing your passion with us all!

Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

A bottle of bourbon with the top off please. Congratulations Tim, a pleasure to know and fly with you for most of that time old chap, time flies when you're having fun !

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Congratulations on reaching that milestone. I know that the drome has greatly benefitted from your knowledge and enthusiasm which more than balances the slate.

Congratulations on your milestone and thank you for your contributions to the 'Drome.

Congratulations, Tim, and thank-you for your many contributions to this extraordinary organization.
    Last edited by Larry R.; 09-20-2023 at 10:52.

Hi Tim, congrats to you and happy to have a beer with you.

Congrats on a decade of contributions, Tim! Here's to more

Congratulations, Tim. A decade of service deserves a round on bar

My heartfelt best wishes to you for reaching this auspicious milestone Tim, but most of all for your comradeship and great sense of humour during this time.
    The main thing is of course is because it gives me yet another reason to crack open another bottle of Gin.
    Well done that man, and here is to the next ten.

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Congratulations Tim, we wouldn’t be the same without you... however there would be twice as much available stock in the world.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Huzzah and salute! A great 'drome partner, with some amazing work on your planes. This place exudes comradeship, and you have personified that to the Nth degree!

Congrats on the 10 year mark. The Mess is a far better place with you here.
    A port please.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Congratulations, Tim.
    I always enjoy your input and photos.

It was great to finally meet and play (against you for the most part I think) at Origins this past June.

Many congratulations on your milestone achievement Thanks for you helping a young rookie and all your contributions to the Forum. Great to know you. A pint at the Mess will go down well.

Wow, that long already?

Ah those heady early days, when Wings was widely available brick-and-mortar and we had many more active members and groups... I fear we may never regain what we once had, but that's no reason to stop trying to build something new from the lesson of the old.

--Diamondback, "Last of the Mohicans" closing down Seattle Flight and Washington Squadron--perhaps we should start talking about merging Squadrons from adjacent states until numbers pick up?

Thanks, all!

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    Congratulations Tim, we wouldn’t be the same without you... however there would be twice as much available stock in the world.
    OI!!!

I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Well done that man. Congrats on 10 years. It was a pleasure to meet you at Doncaster and to see some of your superbly painted aircraft. I shall toast your health in the mess.

Well done old man. Jolly good show so far.

A belated congrats to you Tim, been a great pleasure knowing you these past years, if offer still open a Port would be nice please

belated congrats tim!!! as one of whom i consider the dromes unofficial ambassadors for the game, the drome is better for the decade youve graced us with!!! heres to the next 10 !!!!

Ah missed this whilst away in Canada. Many congratulations Tim and here's to the next ten - may you continue to inspire us with your great work

Similar Missions

1. Off the Drome.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-10-2018, 01:12
  2. Off the Drome.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-10-2018, 01:11
  3. Off the Drome.
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-20-2017, 10:49
  4. Ask Not What the 'Drome Can Do For You...
    By Nightbomber in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-09-2013, 13:33
  5. OFF DROME.
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 09-26-2012, 00:28