Ares Games

Ramblings Over the Front

The Shapeways Siemens-Schuckert D.I Project - Part II

Rate this Entry
Name:  08c76a76f3c52374a4b6bdd3a7844781.jpg
Views: 840
Size:  11.5 KB
Color choices, the bane of some modelers. To be frank, I have seen German camo schemes with purple and green, but in the case of the D.I, that is, I believe, simply not correct. Jack Herris's Aeronauts book shows the early models in a three tone camouflage, and the late production models in a two tone of a faded medium green and a medium brown. Since the plane is a later production model, the two tone will be the selection. The Nexus card has the brown a bit too dark, a bit too rich, while the green on the card is too close to grass green. The colors, in my opinion, should be muted. Uploading the above artwork to some online sites to determine hex colors, I was then able to use other sites to determine the Vallejo Model Color equivalents, or at least darn close to them.

The result? Middlestone 882 for the green and Flat Brown 984. Alas, I have no Middlestone in my paint collection, and looking at the online retail places online the color looks a little more yellow than green. However, I have a bottle now making its way to the humble abode in Cincinnati so more on this front next time!

Submit "The Shapeways Siemens-Schuckert D.I Project - Part II" to Digg Submit "The Shapeways Siemens-Schuckert D.I Project - Part II" to del.icio.us Submit "The Shapeways Siemens-Schuckert D.I Project - Part II" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Shapeways Siemens-Schuckert D.I Project - Part II" to Google

Comments