Thread: Series 1 reprint

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    Is that the U.S. warehouse, Keith?
    Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Where did that song originate anyway? What movie
    Dark Blue World
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbp4...&feature=share
    Last edited by Bobby D; 07-28-2019 at 12:08.

Keith,

Could we get an update on the status of the Series 1 reprints?

How is it that so few of the series 1 reprints have reached the U.K.? Where are they? The Ares website states that they were released in the U.S.A. on 20th June.

A very good question Dave. Maybe we should ask our inside man to inquire of his contact!
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by jwclere View Post
    Keith,

Could we get an update on the status of the Series 1 reprints?
    They have been available on the AA site for a while now. I've sold out of a few of them, but I've already got a restock order placed and expect them sometime next week.

How is it that so few of the series 1 reprints have reached the U.K.? Where are they? The Ares website states that they were released in the U.S.A. on 20th June.
    My guess would be that not many stores are ordering them in to have on stock. Has anyone verified that a FLGS has had any on their shelves?

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    They have been available on the AA site for a while now. I've sold out of a few of them, but I've already got a restock order placed and expect them sometime next week.

My guess would be that not many stores are ordering them in to have on stock. Has anyone verified that a FLGS has had any on their shelves?
    Hopefully 'sold out' doesn't mean my order will be held up again due to non-Fonck and non-Weber planes being 'sold out' when the the wayward Fonck and Weber finally show up. I'm presuming all 12 series 1 will be in your re-stock order but perhaps it's just the 10.

Entoyment had MvR Tripes - but I know that was on order for ever - and the Ball Nieuport. They may not be aware of the new series 1 release - I will have a word next time I'm in.

"He is wise who watches"

My order from you arrived weeks ago sir.
    Thanks.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I'm still awaiting my order which includes the Weber D-V and Fonck SPAD XIII. Last word was that they'd be shipped out at the end of last month. Haven't shown up yet, here.

Quote Originally Posted by zenlizard View Post
    I'm still awaiting my order which includes the Weber D-V and Fonck SPAD XIII. Last word was that they'd be shipped out at the end of last month. Haven't shown up yet, here.
    So, we’re in the same boat...er, plane. Or is it our planes are on the same boat.

That's why I asked. I'm in the Weber/Fonck boat too. So when should we get our planes?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon View Post
    Hopefully 'sold out' doesn't mean my order will be held up again due to non-Fonck and non-Weber planes being 'sold out' when the the wayward Fonck and Weber finally show up. I'm presuming all 12 series 1 will be in your re-stock order but perhaps it's just the 10.
    The Webber/Fonk minis are supposed to be arriving from Ares along with the Series 4 minis. Ares has listed a street date of 20 August for Series 4. I typically get them 10-12 before the street date, so I'm hoping to have them sometime next week.

When this order shows up from Ares, I'll have all of the Series 1 and Series 4 minis in stock for normal ordering.

My FLGS owner has heard nothing about Series 1 reprints from Azmodee, who are the sole agents for the distribution of Ares Games in the U.K.. All he has received from them recently is the Albert Ball Nieuport 16.
    Last edited by Naharaht; 08-10-2019 at 14:08.

Got my S.1 reprints here from Keith maybe 2 weeks ago. Great service. Seemed to be hard to find other places. Everyone should contact the favorite vendor and request they stock them. I'm guessing some may be passing since they think there won't be much demand for an old model.

My FLGS owner has heard nothing about Series 1 reprints from Azmodee, who are the sole agents for the distribution of Ares Games in the U.K.. All he has received from them recently is the Albert Ball Nieuport 16.
    Series 1 was released at the same time as Ball.

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    Got my S.1 reprints here from Keith maybe 2 weeks ago. Great service. Seemed to be hard to find other places. Everyone should contact the favorite vendor and request they stock them. I'm guessing some may be passing since they think there won't be much demand for an old model.
    That is quite possible. As much as we love the game, it is not a very popular game among the general public and brick and mortar stores might be less than enthused to give up shelf space for them. And thanks for the order and I'm glad you are happy with the service.

My usual UK mail order store for WoG had not heard of the S1 reprints either though they have most of Wave 4 reprints on pre-order.

I see Entoyment seem to have some S1 reprints listed at Ŗ14.40.

Regards

Edward

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    The Webber/Fonk minis are supposed to be arriving from Ares along with the Series 4 minis. Ares has listed a street date of 20 August for Series 4. I typically get them 10-12 before the street date, so I'm hoping to have them sometime next week.
    Hm.. The lizard has a hatching day coming up. And a local gaming convention immediately after.

Timing...timing...timing.

Hatching a new family pilot? Congratulations and good luck!

I just got an e-mail from Keith. If your ordered the Fonck and/or Weber reprints as part of your order:
    1. He's shipping out the reprints without the troublesome minis.
    2a. If your order included either of those two, he's deleting that as part of your order.
    2b. He's creating a discount code (not revealing that here), to account for whatever of those two you may have ordered so that:
    3. When those do actually become available, you can re-order them, and apply the discount code so you won't be charged for them again.

Thanks Keith. It does seem the best way to handle the situation.

I just got an e-mail from Keith. If your ordered the Fonck and/or Weber reprints as part of your order:
    1. He's shipping out the reprints without the troublesome minis.
    2a. If your order included either of those two, he's deleting that as part of your order.
    2b. He's creating a discount code (not revealing that here), to account for whatever of those two you may have ordered so that:
    3. When those do actually become available, you can re-order them, and apply the discount code so you won't be charged for them again.

Thanks Keith. It does seem the best way to handle the situation.
    I got the same email...thanks, Keith.

So now I have to make decisions...regardless of the decision I will have problem spending the credit. The question is do I want these two minis?

1) Fonck: I have some Valom SPAD XIII to make up. I haven’t completely decided on which paint schemes but I could do one with the Fonck scheme. It will be a while before I get around to the SPADs, so make the Ares one will be available. Back when I pre-ordered I hadn’t got into the Valom planes, now they are my preferred playing option.

2) Rudolf Weber - the AH ace: this has me confused. I’ve not found any reference to Albatross DV in AH service. The Osprey book on AH Albatross doesn’t even mention Weber as having a single ‘kill’ with any kind of Albatross. Plus the paint scheme looks suspiciously like the Nexus Ludwig Weber (German) taking into account paint differences. So I’m doubtful Rudolf Weber ever flew combat missions in an Albatross DV and if he did what are the chances it would look so remarkably similar to the that of DE ace Ludwig Weber. Wow the odds! Or perhaps someone at Ares confused Rudolf with Ludwig - what are the odds of that happening?

Up until now I’ve assumed that the picture on the Ares site mistakenly showed the Ludwig Weber plane but not so. At least they could have done the ‘Lulu’ variant for Ludwig. Since I have the Ludwig Weber Albatros do I want another almost like it? Probably not. If I did get it I’d probably replace the fuselage decals with the ‘Lulu’ decal and ‘assign’ the Nexus plane to Rudolf.

Decisions, decisions...

Here is a very late presentation of the series reissued in 2019, concerning the paintings.

SPAD XIII : Rickenbacker - Chavannes - Fonck
    SOPWITH CAMEL : Barker - Kissenberth - Mac Laren
    ALBATROS D.Va : Udet - Weber - Richthofen
    FOKKER Dr.I : von Richthofen - Kempf - Baumer

SPAD XIII

Two well-made models (Rickenbaker, Fonck).
    Two aesthetic defects on the Chavannes:
    - The edge of the wings is a light yellow color (like the bottom surface of the model), which is less aesthetic than the darker color on the other 2 figures.
    - Lack of green paint in front of the struts connecting the 2 wings.

Comparative model reissued Wings of Glory 2019 / Wings of Glory 2011 and Wings of War 2007

- RICKENBAKER : on the upper wing of the 2019 WOG version, the green color is darker than the very light green of the 2011 WOG version.
    The landing gear on the 2019 WOG is the same ochre color as the lower surfaces, while it is gray on the 2011 WOG.

- FONCK : the shades of the 2019 WOG have a more military look than the 2007 WOW.
    Khaki green on the fuselage and brown on the fuselage and tail, instead of apple green, pink and gray.
    The lower surfaces are more greenish ochre on the WOW.
    The blue engine cowling is darker on the 2019 WOG.

SOPWITH CAMEL

Three models with successful and varied paintings.
    An assembly defect is common to all 3 models, leaving a small gap on the fuselage at the rear of the cockpit (visible on the WOG 2019 / WOG 2011 comparison photo below).
    The underside of the Barker is pinkish ochre while it is yellowish ochre on the 2 others.

Wings of Glory 2019 / Wings of Glory 2011 reissue model comparison

- BARKER : The brown color of the fuselage around the cockpit and the struts connecting the wings is darker on the 2019 WOG.
    The roundels are also darker, as is the red of the vertical tail.

ALBATROS D.Va

Three models with successful and varied paintings.
    It is noticeable that the color of the edges of the wings is harmonious.

Comparison model reissued Wings of Glory 2019 / Wings of Glory 2011 and Wings of War 2007

- UDET : the diamond camouflage color is darker on the 2019 WOG.
    Engine painted dark aluminum gray on the 2019 WOG, lighter gray on the 2011 WOG.
    Radiator grill on the fender in aluminum gray on the 2019 WOG, black on the 2011 WOG.
    On the underside of the wings, the camouflage is identical on the 2 versions, unlike the upper surfaces.
    The black and white stripes on the lower surface of the horizontal tail are arranged in the right direction on the WOG 2019, while they are reversed on the WOG 2011 and WOW 2007 (as evidenced by this photo of Udet's Albatross D.Va, source Wingnut Wings).

- WEBER : diamond camouflage color is darker on the 2019 WOG (upper and lower surfaces).
    Engine painted dark aluminum gray on the 2019 WOG, lighter gray on the 2007 WOW.
    Radiator grill on the wing in aluminum gray on the 2019 WOG, yellow on the 2011 WOG.
    The wing ridge on the WOG 2019 is black, which makes the figure very elegant, compared to the yellow on the WOW 2007.
    The vertical tail edge of the WOG 2019 is black, but white for the WOW 2007; the rendering is successful in both versions.

FOKKER Dr.I

On the Richthofen model, the edge of the wings is red like the rest of the figure, which is more aesthetic than the light blue color of the edge of the wings of the 2 other figures.

Comparative model reissued Wings of Glory 2019 / Wings of Glory 2011 and Wings of War 2007

- RICHTHOFEN : the all-red 2019 WOG with straight crosses and no white square is the correct representation of the Fokker Dr.I 425/17 (79th and 80th victory), on which Manfred Von Richthofen was shot down on April 21, 1918.
    The red color is lighter on the 2019 WOG.
    The lower surfaces as well as the landing gear are light blue on the 2019 WOG.
    However, some images and descriptions show the lower surfaces of this aircraft entirely in red.

- KEMPF : The 2019 WOG's fuselage and wings have a green and brown zebra camouflage, whereas it is uniformly green on the 2007 WOW.
    The engine cowling is black on the 2019 WOG.
    On the underside, the lower surfaces of the 2019 WOG are blue-green, those of the 2007 WOW are light blue.
    The lower surface of the horizontal tail is black and white on the 2019 WOG.

Last edited by monse; 11-23-2021 at 20:12.

Impressive Simon

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

That's a super useful analysis, Simon!

Now I can identify the exact year of production of all the various planes I have acquired in collections or without boxes, so can sort them for resale.

I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Missions

1. WGF: Series 4 Reprint on the Way...?
    By Dan-Sam in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 11-08-2018, 19:07
  2. Series 3 Reprint
    By bgeipel in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 10-14-2016, 04:33
  3. Series 3 Reprint
    By Gallo Rojo in forum WGF: General Discussions