Ares Games
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hammerhead 2019 Saturday 2nd March

Default Hammerhead 2019 Saturday 2nd March

I have received the invitation for next years Hammerhead.r the moment.
    Same venue the Newark Showground.
    This is for info only for now question is do we want to put on the three games as usual or do we want to replace one table with the new Triplanes and Tripods or do I even ask for a fourth table.

Answers please what do we fancy next year?

Hey, I'm up for anything, happy to run WW1 if no other takers, wouldn't mind chance for a bit of boaty boy action if there's enough of us

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Count me in for any table but as usual only until the knees and hips give out. Would love to do a whole day but while the mind is willing the flesh is weak.

I do not want to see us spread our players too thin Chris. My original concept of having four to a table was so that we could have a greeter, one player to help each side and a free spirit who could have a look round and then spell one of the other players. With the advent of two tables, we really needed eight members. As i have noticed recently the games are often static because one of us has to stop playing to talk to the public, and this effectively stops play until he can resume his place. We must have a dedicated greeter for each game, who is a non player for that particular game, to alleviate this problem. Given this factor, I am advising you all not to spread your games too thinly, or we will end up with a poor showing on each table, and find we are not getting invited to shows. More is not necessarily better.
    Rather split the two tables into WWI/2 as was previously done, and Sails/Tripods on the second table. That is assuming we have tripods by then and have enough gaming time under our belts to demonstrate it competently.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Too far away to say for certain yet, but personally I would be up for WGF or WGS, but not S***s or Tripods.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

I am astounded Tim!
    Rob.

I am nothing if not consistent!

True Tim.
    Rob.

Tim PM'd you.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Hi All, we will be up for whatever at Hammerhead.

Lest we forget

Ok point taken Rob about spreading thin.

Sails
    I believe is taken care of, you, me , Simon and Reg for 4 with Capn kiwi for 5

WW1 i would envisage Flying Helmut, Hedeby

WW2 John Biggles

So we looking for ww helpers, still plenty of time before event, but I do need to reply soon or we get no tables, so gents do we only want 1 table for WW1 and 2 together?

My vote is for two tables.
    Rob.

I'll be bringing Mrs B for definite, Whispering Death will probably assist WWI, but might be cajoled into some WWII again (its where she earned the name) Hannah will hopefully manage a full day and might assist WWI in the a.m.
    Therefore looking for a couple more to assist WWII to be on the safe side

Lest we forget

Had confirmation we have two tables for us at Hammerhead.
    We have a table for Sails and a table for Wings this year.
    I would presume to have the Wings table as WW1 as it is the most popular and we have a plethora of equipment to put on the table.

Therefore I would ask for Tim / Chris To look after this table, myself and Wing Comm will look after the sails.

With John also available possibly have a WW2 scenario also.

However main bit is we have confirmed two tables this year for Hammerhead 2019

I will try to attend again.

If Neil still wants my British Airship, is there any way you can get it to him Chris?

Rob.

Of course there is, count me in for this wouldn't miss it for the worls.

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Had confirmation we have two tables for us at Hammerhead.
    We have a table for Sails and a table for Wings this year.
    I would presume to have the Wings table as WW1 as it is the most popular and we have a plethora of equipment to put on the table.

Therefore I would ask for Tim / Chris To look after this table, myself and Wing Comm will look after the sails.

With John also available possibly have a WW2 scenario also.

However main bit is we have confirmed two tables this year for Hammerhead 2019

Put me down for a game. Don't mind which table!

I need confirmation from my home club as to whether we are putting on a game or not. If ‘not’, then myself and Dirigible 2 (Alex) will be there to help with flying (not done any of that boaty stuff....)

As this is now only a three weeks off, can I get a definitive show of hands for the show please.
    We have two tables booked, one Wings and one Sails this year.

So please let me know who definately will attend so we can get the kit sorted.
    I will be on sails and will be able to furnish the ships etc .

I’m there so WW1 covered if no one else wants to run things on the day. Happy to let someone else take the reins...

Captain Kiwi and I will be there Chris.
    I will check on Gary.
    Would you be requiring Free Quarter as per usual sir?
    Rob.

Apologies but as I now work Saturdays most shows are out from here on in, unless they are on Sunday.

Neil
    See you on the Dark Side......

Barring accidents I will be there. Don't mind which table I'm on.

me and deadly M should also be available

Great.
    Be good to see you both.
    I spotted your post about Donny too.
    Rob.

Have fun guys - I was hoping to make it myself, but I cannot now. Hope it is the usual great show

Might have to bin this one, to give me any chance at all of doing "Beachhead".

Still trying to make it to both.

Sorry to hear that chaps, but you can't manage every show try as you might.
    Thanks for all the effort you put in elsewhere. Tim feel free to do the show where you feel most needed.

Rob.

Not to worry Tim.... am sure I can find someone to shoot down in your absence

Thanks for the responce all, chris can you bring your WW1 kit, in case Tim does not manage yo come up please.

Rob, yes please to the billet, as usual very much appreciated, not too sure about Simon as yet due to work.
    I shall post in the Anchorage this week about scenario for Hammerhead.
    Last edited by Boney10; 02-17-2019 at 07:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Sorry to hear that chaps, but you can't manage every show try as you might.
    Thanks for all the effort you put in elsewhere. Tim feel free to do the show where you feel most needed.

Rob.
    I feel that "Beachhead" should be my priority - it's in my Squadron area after all! I also told Pete Valinsky that I would be there, so I'll try harder for that show than for "Hammerhead".
    It's still possible that I might be able to do both; depends on whether my "negotiation" pays off!

Good man Squadron Leader.
    If it would help your negotiations I can do the other party a very good deal in Dried Frog Pills.
    Kyte.

Fully understand your comments Tim, sorry I cant make Beachead myself this year. Of course would be good to see you at Hammerhead if you can make it.

Hi Guys,
    I'll be there as will Mrs Biggles, I will load up the jalopy with all my WW1 and WW2 kit just in case.

chocks away!

Lest we forget

Look forward to seeing you John.
    Rob.

Confirmed that Cranwell aren’t putting a game on, so myself and D2 will be there to help out.

That will be great Paul.
    See you there.
    Rob.

My car managed to pass its annual MoT test so weather permitting, I will be joining you at Hammerhead. Is there anything you would like me to bring with me?

Yes that goes for me also! Any aircraft you are short of let me know and if I've got 'em I'll bring them.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    I feel that "Beachhead" should be my priority - it's in my Squadron area after all.....
    Actually it's under the SW command area Tim but well worth poaching on !

"He is wise who watches"

Now then gents, let us not quibble.
    Kyte.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    My car managed to pass its annual MoT test so weather permitting, I will be joining you at Hammerhead. Is there anything you would like me to bring with me?
    Just your good sense of humour Dave.

Rob.

Ok so Hammerhead this weekend.
    Chris can you make sure you cbring your Wings kit , if ok with you, Ill leave the running of the scenarios to you and other that turn up to assist.

You will have, Andy and Deadly M, John and Ruth Biggles, David and Reg let them know if you need any kit.
    Rob , myself and Andy ( Capn Kiwi) will look after the ship side of things.

Hope to see you chaps and Ill bring the Doncaster badges for those whohad them on order.

Wilco Chris.
    Any shortfall I can make up Friday.
    Rob.

At what time would you like us to arrive, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    At what time would you like us to arrive, please?
    I'm aiming for 09.00 or before.

I will be there from around 08:30 ish.. will bring all kit, however I need a couple of extra mats. Anyone got a preference for what we want to do... alas we won’t have any Tripods this time...

Likewise. Chris and I usually arrive about 9.30 ish.
    Rob.

Car successfully MOT'd, Mrs Biggles double booked and replaced by WhisperingDeath, so abandon hope all ye who might otherwise have survived.
    Looking forward to seeing you all again

Lest we forget

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Hammerhead 2018 Newark Sat March 3
    By Boney10 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 03-02-2018, 12:16
  2. Hammerhead 2017 Sat 4 March 2017
    By Boney10 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 03-11-2017, 10:32