Ares Games

Thread: 2018 Warbirds Over The Beach Airshow

Lightbulb 2018 Warbirds Over The Beach Airshow

Warbirds Over The Beach Airshow will be May 18-20. This will be it`s ninth year. There will be gaming again this year. This is a the planes are up close and personal show.

Rich

http://militaryaviationmuseum.org/airshows/wotb/

Is any one else going to be there besides you?

OOOOOOOOOH that looks tasty - shame its a tad too far away

Hotel booked and I have had my tickets for a few weeks. Always look forward to seeing the planes and people I have met.

Looks like my question is answered.

My family and I are coming on Saturday. And I am bring my airplanes to play.

Finally will get meet you Daniel. See you that Saturday.

See you there!

I still have no idea where we will be set up. I should find out this week.

Rich

Where ever you are you will be found. And that's a sure thing. I do hope to see the Fw 190's fly this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    Where ever you are you will be found. And that's a sure thing. I do hope to see the Fw 190's fly this year.

Yes! you definitely will be found and I also want to see the Fw 190's fly.

Thumbs up

We be set up in the Navy Hanger. See you there!

Rich

I will be there on Sunday instead of Saturday, because my dad has to work Saturday.
    -Daniel

Last update and we will be in the Navy Hanger. There will be a few visiting aircraft P-51, SBD, P-63 and B-25. See you there!

Rich

The weather forecast says that it is going to rain a lot, do you think that the planes will still be able to take off of the airfield?

Found out what it says

*Note: All times are approximate and subject to
    change due to weather and mechanical conditions.

The conditions the past few years have not been good for flying but just to get close and see these planes and friends is a good thing so heading out tomorrow to Va Beach and the show on Sat.

Thanks for letting me know!

Rain or shine i will be there both days. They always wait as long as possible before they cancel and they hate to cancel. The planes and pilot safety always come first! I will keep you updated.

Check out WWII Weekend in Reading, Pa. I will be there in my Luftwaffe pilots uniform.

When's the WWII Weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Future Pilot View Post
    When's the WWII Weekend?
    June 1-2-3, 2018. Google is your friend.
    So how many books are in your personal library?

The grass field was to wet for anything but light planes today. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow! We are set up on the second level on the Army hanger side.

We can't come
    Last edited by Future Pilot; 05-21-2018 at 04:36. Reason: We did not come

Well as Rich said no flights yesterday for the larger planes but still good to see them. I keep hoping to see the Fw190 in the air so maybe next year. Have to post pics in another thread on what I saw in the German hanger.

Well Bob as you know it dumped rain around 5:00 pm yesterday. Water standing everywhere. The runway was even soggier than yesterday, that plus some wind gusts canceled all heavy aircraft flights. They were going to try some lighter planes when a five minute downpour shut everything down!!!!! Did you sit in the B-25, during the engine run up?
    In three weeks they will be holding the Flying Proms concert i already have my tickets for that.

Well as Rich said no flights yesterday for the larger planes but still good to see them. I keep hoping to see the Fw190 in the air so maybe next year. Have to post pics in another thread on what I saw in the German hanger.
    Hold up now... a FW190!?

Quote Originally Posted by RJG173 View Post
    June 1-2-3, 2018. Google is your friend.
    Can't come, have to go to Atlanta for the National History Bee because I qualified.

Eric they actually have 3 Fw 190's but I think only one is in flying condition. I will be at Reading so will look for the guy in the German uniform. Where do you think you will be hanging out at ? I know they have 2 Stug III's (not real ones) and a German camp so I will check out that area. Hopefully see you there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7780.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	137.1 KB 
ID:	247418

Name:	IMG_7795.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	136.6 KB 
ID:	247419

Name:	IMG_7808.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	166.4 KB 
ID:	247422

Here are pics of 1 Fw 190 and the Me 109 in the hanger and the one (190) they rolled out if they could fly. I hope to see it fly one day.

Eric they actually have 3 Fw 190's but I think only one is in flying condition. I will be at Reading so will look for the guy in the German uniform. Where do you think you will be hanging out at ? I know they have 2 Stug III's (not real ones) and a German camp so I will check out that area. Hopefully see you there.
    I should be walking around with my girlfriend all over the place. But I will be wearing a Luftwaffe life jacket. You can't miss you!

Bob do you know who I can speak to from that museum? I might be down in Ocean City Maryland in August and I would drive 3 hours to Va. I desperately want to fly in one of the German aircraft.

I don't think they have rides in them. They are not like the P-51's that give rides.

The 109 and 190 are single seaters. The only planes the Museum offers rides in are the Stearman and the Waco. Visiting aircraft do offer rides.

Rich

Would be something if they did a Ju 52 ride. Something to think about.

Would be something if they did a Ju 52 ride. Something to think about.
    I actually spoke with the director today and I quote "All of our aircraft with the exception of the two rides biplanes are under FAA experimental certification, thus we do not offer rides in any of them (regardless of country of origin)"

So I am not sure if we will ever be able to fly in the JU-52 at the moment.

You can get a ride on FIFI (B-29) because it is certified for that but DOC has not been certified yet. So you see that the FAA regs are what counts. When I was in Canada you could get a ride on the C47 that was at the Hamilton show but I haven't seen anything like that here in the states. Don't forget you get a ride on the B-17 ( I and my wife did), a B-25 and a few other planes.

You can get a ride on FIFI (B-29) because it is certified for that but DOC has not been certified yet. So you see that the FAA regs are what counts. When I was in Canada you could get a ride on the C47 that was at the Hamilton show but I haven't seen anything like that here in the states. Don't forget you get a ride on the B-17 ( I and my wife did), a B-25 and a few other planes.
    I was actually contemplating flying in the B-17 this year at WWII Weekend. I have an entire original B-17 pilots outfit... from boots to facemask and everything inbetween, I would wear it just to see what my Grandfather experienced!

Can attendees ride in the Catalina? That is one of my five bucket list planes.

Similar Missions

1. Warbirds Over the Beach
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2017, 14:41
  2. Warbirds Over The Beach 2016
    By richard m schwab in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 05-28-2016, 05:52
  3. Warbirds Over The Beach 2014
    By richard m schwab in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 50