Ares Games

View Poll Results: Read Thread first! How many bags would you likely order?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • None, thank you.

36 18.75%

50 26.04%

67 34.90%

12 6.25%

14 7.29%

6 3.13%

3 1.56%

0 0%

1 0.52%

1 0.52%

0 0%
  • 10+

2 1.04%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Altitude Pegs again

Happy that there are developments - Keeping fingers crossed that they'll constitute progress.

/Niclas

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

I will still be buying both kinds of pegs when you get them out for purchase.

I change my mind. I'd like to buy (when they will be producted) 2 or 3 bags: no matter if white or blue.

After some of the ways I have seen people store their planes I can see where more pegs would be needed.

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    After some of the ways I have seen people store their planes I can see where more pegs would be needed.
    Sacrilege! Gimme their names. They will be standing tall before the man!

SgtBalicki

I would buy three bags.

Appreciate your efforts in this endeavour.

The second round of prototypes are scheduled to be delivered to me on Monday. As long as there are no fitment issues, I'll be moving on to the mold design stage next.

Not sure if this is bad news for you. Hopefully you are working with Ares and this is a combo effort, however on the Ares Games facebook...

Tom Crownhart

I hear tell you will be selling extra flight pegs...Is there a release date? Waiting hopefully.

Like ˇ ˇ July 17 at 7:13pm

• Ares Games We'll bring them at GenCon, and make them available from our web store when it will go live!Thursday at 4:25am ˇ Like

They have been working on bringing some to market for many months now. From what they have told me, they are not making them to sell, but are just selling off excess supplies from the last production run of WWII series 3. Once they are sold out, they will not be making more. And they will not be offering the blue tinted ones.

Of course, if they end up having 100k extras laying around, that would definitely effect my project going forward.

...and I, for one, am certainly looking forward to those blue ones.

/Niclas

Crossing fingers in the hope to see (and grab) 'em!!!!

Marco

Will still buy the blue ones!

can I say that even being a returning WoW player [with NO planes at present, but that will soon change] I'd grab 2-3 tinted blue bags please. Been drooling over all of the new accessories on the site a far cry from back in the day. its great all of the work your still doing HAJJ.

Cheers
    GreyWolf

Welcome back GreyWolf! Long time no see!

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Welcome back GreyWolf! Long time no see!
    Thx Hajj
    finally getting back into the game. small at first but I'll eventually go bigger some time down the road. looking forward to seeing these blue tinted pegs.

Cheers
    GreyWolf

My peg needs are growing with each new aircraft. I hope you can meet the demand Keith. The poll may be way out of date for some of us by now.
    Rob.

Never had you pegged as impatient, Rob...

(sorry)
    Last edited by Niclas; 08-17-2012 at 09:26. Reason: Excuse needed

Quote Originally Posted by Niclas View Post
    Never had you pegged as impatient, Rob...

(sorry)
    Quite correct Niclas.

I'm patient.

It's all a matter of the gap you can leave between one thing and the next.

Rob.

I've got the quote back on the mold. Much higher then I thought it was going to be

I'm setting up a Kickstart project for this. Basically it will turn out to be a pre-order to ensure that I can raise the funds to cover the mold. Since it will be a Kickstart project, a third part (it's ran/backed by Amazon) will hold all of the funds until the the require amount is raised, or the deadline expires. If the funds are raised, the mold and first production run will take about 6 weeks. If the funds are not raised, everyone that "invested" into the project will get all of their money back.

Some good news is, I can still meet the 25 pegs for $9.99 price I estimated last year.

As soon as the project is approved via Kickstart, I'll post it here.

Good news, I like the kickstarted idea. Are you considering the bomber size pegs as well?

If the smaller peg project goes well, I'll look into it. However, due to the costs involved, I don't think there would be enough need for the bomber sized pegs to make it worth while.

Great news - Count me in for the standard peg project!

Not sure if I need bomber pegs. If the standard pegs can hold a bomber using magnet on magnet mount (will try i the next few days), I think that would be the preferred option for me.

/Niclas

Where do you pre-order? I need pegs and lots of them

gb030104

I'm definitely in, especially for bomber pegs - I have bombers and bomber bases, but no pegs

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

I'd have to say that with Ares having bags of pegs in the pipeline now, I'd be thinking very hard about whether this is worth proceeding with, especially if it's going to cost more than you'd expected; I'm inclined to think the ship's sailed as it were now - this would no longer be "filling a need" but "competing with an identical, possibly cheaper, product"....

Quote Originally Posted by Dom S View Post
    I'd have to say that with Ares having bags of pegs in the pipeline now, I'd be thinking very hard about whether this is worth proceeding with, especially if it's going to cost more than you'd expected; I'm inclined to think the ship's sailed as it were now - this would no longer be "filling a need" but "competing with an identical, possibly cheaper, product"....
    I would think that as well, if Ares had not already told me that their pegs are a limited item. They are supposedly only selling off the extra pegs left over from the WGS series 4 minis. I'm still thinking it to a certain extent....

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    I would think that as well, if Ares had not already told me that their pegs are a limited item. They are supposedly only selling off the extra pegs left over from the WGS series 4 minis.
    Ahh, I hadn't heard that bit.... Tough call then - the conservative play would probably be to sit on the project, see what happens with the Ares ones, and then proceed or kill it based on that, but obviously the demand for yours will fall if you do, as people who'd right now sign up for yours might have their needs filled by the Ares ones.

Must admit that's probably the way I'd play it though; at this stage I can't see you beating them to market as it were, and I'm presuming theirs will be cheaper too (since they already have the tooling.) Given that my inclination would be to see what happens with theirs, rather than risk ending up high and dry if Ares go "blimey, these are popular, let's make some more".... (Obviously a Kickstarter reduces your exposure to risk, since sign-ups have committed their funds, but the scope for ill-feeling is pretty obvious if the Ares ones wind up readily available for a lower price- I'd at least want to know their price point before committing....)

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    hmm I resemble that remark!

Quote Originally Posted by Dom S View Post
    Ahh, I hadn't heard that bit.... Tough call then - the conservative play would probably be to sit on the project, see what happens with the Ares ones, and then proceed or kill it based on that, but obviously the demand for yours will fall if you do, as people who'd right now sign up for yours might have their needs filled by the Ares ones.

Must admit that's probably the way I'd play it though; at this stage I can't see you beating them to market as it were, and I'm presuming theirs will be cheaper too (since they already have the tooling.) Given that my inclination would be to see what happens with theirs, rather than risk ending up high and dry if Ares go "blimey, these are popular, let's make some more".... (Obviously a Kickstarter reduces your exposure to risk, since sign-ups have committed their funds, but the scope for ill-feeling is pretty obvious if the Ares ones wind up readily available for a lower price- I'd at least want to know their price point before committing....)
    Yes, it is a tough call. I am of the same mind of wait and see what Ares really does. There is no way I can compete price wise with them as they have the need to produce hundreds of thousands of these if they make them a regular product along with the four needed for each mini they make. They could easily just order a million of them in one print run and get them for tenths of a cent each.

The only thing I bring extra if they do make them a regular item is to offer them in the blue (which some people want really bad and others don't care about).

The hardest thing for me is going to be if they just sell out their current stock each time they do a miniatures print run. That would be they would be available sporadically over the years and could really kill sells of my pegs.

I'd really like to include a modified peg in all of my products that require them though... and with out producing my own pegs, I don't see how I can consistently do that into the future.

Well I'm still wanting pegs, I would honour my commitment to Keith's pegs, if/when available

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Well I'm still wanting pegs, I would honour my commitment to Keith's pegs, if/when available
    Me too, absolutely!

/Niclas

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I'm still laying the ground work for this project...

I too will honour my order because I keep my word. ( and I want the bloody pegs)!

Count me in for 2 blue peg bags and 1 clear if you proceed. If you kickstart the project let me know the link and I will back that instead.

Cheers,
    Michael

For coloured pegs has anyone tried rit or other fabric dye? I used to use that on my plastic nylon bits for r/c cars and it worked quite well, but I wonder if it would do so on a different plastic base?

I may be blind - or just missing something - but do you have an image of the tinted pegs? or am I a bit early on the request for that?

No images of the tinted pegs yet.

Thank you Herr Oberst - I shall await production.
    Not sure I need any additional pegs just yet as I have just short of 30 aircraft and rarely have more than half a dozen airborne at any one time (therefore leaving many spares)
    Although am very interested in the gimbal mounts so many require some extra pegs when I get round to sorting those out.

Good luck with the enterprise though, its great that we have alternative sources of accessories etc. as little or nothing available from 'official' sources

Well, I got my hands on a bunch of the official pegs by Ares. This project is on the back burner again.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234