Ares Games
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flight Stands with built in Altitude rings

Quote Originally Posted by brdavis View Post
    I used a tiny dab of the altitude glue inside the black climb counter dial and that works pretty well. I'll have to try pushing the peg into the base a little further as that solution would be better.
    I just ordered some of the altitude glue so I'll have to give that a try too!

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    you could get a small o ring to hold the indicator needle down to create some more resistence
    Sorry for the thread necromancy, but I tried this solution and it did increase the resistance on the dials slightly, as well as helped to keep the dials on the pegs when the plane and other pegs were removed (i.e. for storage or transport).

I got 1/8" from the plumbing supply section of my local hardware store, and they worked great.

Hoogs

I've recently purchased some altitude dials from ebay made by Litko. Unfortunately they're missing the white climb counter dial. Where can I purchase the climb counter dials? They really help clean up the plane console.

The flight stands I think you are referring to are sold at aerodromeaccessories.com

Hoogs

The flight stands I think you are referring to are sold at aerodromeaccessories.com
    Ive seen them. I just want the climb counter. Don't really need/ want the whole stand.
    Last edited by Hoogs; 09-19-2017 at 13:03.

Default Recommended Flight Stands

I'm Calling on the Powers that be for recommending flight stands for a balloon?? I have a Shapeway Balloon and before I go cutting, slicing, dicing and gluing on it, I would like some professional help on this one....Which one would y'all recommend for it??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by badlands122 View Post
    I'm Calling on the Powers that be for recommending flight stands for a balloon?? I have a Shapeway Balloon and before I go cutting, slicing, dicing and gluing on it, I would like some professional help on this one....Which one would y'all recommend for it??

Thanks
    aerodromeaccessories.com sells a nice one, but it is marked as out-of-stock right now. The site seems to be having some issues right now (every link redirects to the main page for me) but I was able to find it by doing a search for 'balloon' from the main page.

Yeah, The site seems busted. It will get up soon. I have some stands I need, too.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

I tried looking for miniatures today and every click just cycled me back to the main page.
    Even tried the Sails link - same thing.
    It was working fine a couple of days ago.

It is indeed still doing that, although I can access my account page.
    It was all working yesterday when I ordered some bases.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Once things are up and running again (I did manage to order a LL coin and some decals the other day...), I need to order some bases, too. A couple more balloon bases are in order, as well as a couple of Felixstowe bases...

I hope Keith is able to break free some time to cobble those sorts of things together - I really do like his bases a lot

All the best,
    Matt

Okay, I've sorted that problem out and it should be working for everyone now.

As to the bases that are out of stock, I'll try and get more of those cut in the next week.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Thanks, Keith! You've sure had your hands full lately with the Forum and its foibles...

Hope you can have so down time tomorrow with the family as the holidays kick into gear.

All the best,
    Matt

aerodromeaccessories.com sells a nice one, but it is marked as out-of-stock right now. The site seems to be having some issues right now (every link redirects to the main page for me) but I was able to find it by doing a search for 'balloon' from the main page.
    Thank You Sir,, I will look into it.

I've restocked some of the flight stands and spinning props on the AA store.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Got some stands ordered today for my 2 Shapeways Fe.2b and the 3 BE.2c that I ordered from the Shapeways sale yesterday.
    Took me several tries to get it through. My cart kept emptying.
    I was glad it was only two items from the same page of the site.

Thanks for the Heads Up Keith.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    Got some stands ordered today for my 2 Shapeways Fe.2b and the 3 BE.2c that I ordered from the Shapeways sale yesterday.
    Took me several tries to get it through. My cart kept emptying.
    I was glad it was only two items from the same page of the site.
    Make sure you are signed in to your account before proceeding to the Checkout page. The new security certs on the site seem to get confused if you try to go to a secure page before logging in. Logging in makes all of the pages on the site secure.

Thanks, Keith. That must have been it.
    I used to be able to log in at the end.
    Once I did I was good to go.

Does anyone have the firing arcs to enter in to the custom flight stand generator for a B-24?

The problem with the stand generator is that it cannot generate 360 turret arcs. Don’t know if you can produce your own SVG files (Illustrator or suchlike) so you can put your own arcs in and send that to Keith. Failing that, have a word with him and see if he can add the arcs at his end
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Are they going to be restocked? I could use about 10 basic stands cause I ordered several shapeway models

Flight stands are certainly in stock Felix.
    No spinning props at present as far as I can see.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Flight stands are certainly in stock Felix.
    No spinning props at present as far as I can see.
    Rob.
    Well, in the store there are three options: Gotha GV or Caproni CA3 (larger bases because bombers, I assume) and "Rear gunner only"... I'm not sure if those qualify as "basic stands". I don't know how these bases look, so I can't tell if they are the basic fighter stands, but I don't think so.
    I didn't try to put the spinning props in a cart yet but as far as I can tell, there are two-, three- and four-bladed props available, in two sizes each.
    Do we have unequal informations or am I missing something?

Contact Herr Oberst via the store page Felix - he should be able to update you direct.

"He is wise who watches"

Flight stands are here Felix.

https://www.aerodromeaccessories.com.../flight-stands

And I missed the props because I went direct to All products and they don't feature there. They are on the front page with the pictures.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Fix View Post
    Well, in the store there are three options: Gotha GV or Caproni CA3 (larger bases because bombers, I assume) and "Rear gunner only"... I'm not sure if those qualify as "basic stands". I don't know how these bases look, so I can't tell if they are the basic fighter stands, but I don't think so.
    I didn't try to put the spinning props in a cart yet but as far as I can tell, there are two-, three- and four-bladed props available, in two sizes each.
    Do we have unequal informations or am I missing something?
    I just restocked the basic flight stands Felix, so have a look now for those. The spinning props are ad various stages of stock levels right now, which ones were you looking for?

I just restocked the basic flight stands Felix, so have a look now for those. The spinning props are ad various stages of stock levels right now, which ones were you looking for?
    That's nice! At first, I only meant to order the basic fighter stands and didn't thought about the props, but the shapeways don't have those, so I would order them as well. I have to calculate when I come home from work. At most, I need 60 (because maybe for the original minis as well) in total for both wars, so the props will be all over the place, 2,3 and 4s... I want to place an order today or tommorrow, shall I wait till your response for the props?

Is there any Friedrichshafen G3 bases available ?

Default flight stand angles

Keith,

What angles did you use to create the two seaters. DH4 and Breguet in particular. I am interested in ordering a couple custom to do a couple of Salmson 2. I have no idea what to use for the firing arcs.

Thanks!

2 Blades 19mm & 3 Blades 14mm, one each (bag of 10)
    Last edited by Fix; 09-11-2019 at 10:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Fix View Post
    2 Blades 19mm & 3 Blades 14mm, one each (bag of 10)
    I have those in stock now.

Quote Originally Posted by camelbeagle View Post
    Keith,

What angles did you use to create the two seaters. DH4 and Breguet in particular. I am interested in ordering a couple custom to do a couple of Salmson 2. I have no idea what to use for the firing arcs.

Thanks!
    I honestly don't recall. I made them to match the cards/official flight stands. Maybe print out a protractor and check them (I'm on my phone and don't have a printer to use right now)?

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Is there any Friedrichshafen G3 bases available ?
    Check the site on Friday.

Spot on, thanks Herr Oberst

Got my package today, gosh, the stands look amazing!!!!

But there is the problem with the pegs which I didn't realized until now... well, there was no toher option than these stands, let's see if I find a solution.

Gosh, Ares really NEEEEEEEDS to reprint the pegs...

Yeah they do!

Just tried to purchase some single seater flight stands and the only option it will give me is two seaters!
    Rob.

Just tried to purchase some single seater flight stands and the only option it will give me is two seaters!
    Rob.
    I just restocked them Rob, so you should be able to order them on the site now.

Thanks Herr Oberst.
    Rob.

Awesome! Been wanting some myself. Any news on pegs by ares or anybody else? I need some extras pretty badly!

Hi Keith.
    Are you intending to produce flight stands for the new German Bombers?
    Rob.

Hi Keith.
    Rob.
    Yes, once I have them in hand to make an "official" copy from them.

Great Keith.
    I will now place my order for the four aircraft plus bases. They can all then be sent as one order.
    Rob.

Hi Keith.
    Rob.
    You had me there for a bit, Rob. I'm thinking, "What new German Bombers?" Checks the Aerodrome store for new WWI bombers. Nothing. Then, doh! WWII bombers! The look good.

Hey! I've noticed that there are none basic flight stands and just one two-seater flight stand available. I would love to buy some of these, I would need 16 normal and 2 two-seaters (I suppose they have an rear arc, too? Can someone provide me a photo of them?)
    Any chance when they're in stock again? I hope it's when they're still around 9x10 gimbal mounts available^^
    Last edited by Fix; 09-07-2020 at 07:52.

I am going to try and get some cut this week and back on the site.

This is the best news of the week so far

Users Country Flag

Name
    Mike
    Sorties Flown

I had some arrive today, and though I did manage to snap one in two trying to force a peg in, I really like them!
    I plan to order some more!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Mike
    Sorties Flown

Superglue does wonders for repair! Though the base is a little cloudy now

Sometimes they just need the burr around the hole kissing with a needle file Mike.
    That usually stops the bases cracking. I have found that the tolerance on different batches of pegs vary a bit.
    Rob.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Skytrex Red Baron planes for sale (built)
    By baztaylor in forum Metal and Resin Models
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-16-2010, 05:21
  2. A Question About Flight Stands
    By John B in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-17-2010, 01:36
  3. Fixing flight stands-ideas?
    By afilter in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 07:34
  4. Flight Stands French Touch