Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: August workbench 2021

Sooo...been a while. Been painting like a fiend but mostly FOW armor for myself since the first of the month. First serious break in commissions since pre Covid. Was planning on doing some armor for a Bolt Action Jap force but was stumped on a Camo pattern. Step in Frisbee a turtle I rescued about 5-7 years ago (when he was about the size of a quarter) with a suggestion.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_7785.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	305627

I made available the full-color 3D print of Karl Schädel's "pipe-smoking skull" Fokker D.VII (O.A.W.) on the Etsy shop. I don't want to run afoul of wingsofwar.org's advertising policies, though, so I won't be posting here every time there's a new plane or paint scheme.

Here are a couple ways you can watch for new full-color and paint-scheme releases:
    1. Subscribe to the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ReducedAircraft. If you want to see every new post there (rather than just a few), go to the group, click the "Joined" button > Manage Notifications > All Posts.
    2. Keep an eye on the top post of https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...D-Prints-(RAF). I will update that post as new planes or paint schemes are released.
    3. I guess you could also watch the "Recent Changes" page of the Wings of Linen WIKI, but there may be lots of other changes there too.

Here's a plane card for the Schädel plane, my first in four-color lozenge camouflage:

Name:	FokD7-Schadel-card.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	305694

Running late, I know, but the first pics I took had bad lighting.

B-26 Marauders, ready to hunt down the IJN:

Name:	DSCN2160.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	201.5 KB 
ID:	306348

Name:	DSCN2161.JPG 
Size:	154.9 KB 
ID:	306349
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

He 612 Salamanders; scratched from this years' Origins, but ready for 2022!

Name:	DSCN2157.JPG 
Size:	165.1 KB 
ID:	306350

Name:	DSCN2158.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	158.6 KB 
ID:	306351
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

And our fan favorite, Do.335 Pfeils; they're raring and ready to take on those .....gosh they're really big! B-29 Superforts!

Name:	DSCN2155.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	154.8 KB 
ID:	306352

Name:	DSCN2156.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	163.8 KB 
ID:	306353

Karl, Awesome work!!!! Those all look amazing!

Great work, Karl.
    Love the German ones especially (but the Marauders are nice too)

Good job on all of them Karl.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    And our fan favorite, Do.335 Pfeils; they're raring and ready to take on those .....gosh they're really big! B-29 Superforts!
    Speaking of B-29's... I'm out in the forest, doing fire mitigation work with ye ole chainsaw... when I hear the rumble of big radial engines. I look up and Fifi is flying directly overhead. She's in town for 3 days and gave rides Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

Name:	0e370ff5177a29a719843e9f3ff322a1.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	306418

Here is a pic of Fifi from the day I got a ride back in 2013:

Name:	DSCN0680.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	306422

I love living in Colorado Springs... we had a B-17, B-29 and a P-51 overhead all weekend... and an F-15 flyover for the Air Force academy football game. All from the back yard...

You're a lucky man, Jeff.
    Thanks for posting.

Karl has all the cool WWII toys. Rep for those beauties!

Mmmm, lovely late-war Germans, Karl...

...at Origins 2022, you say......
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Great work Karl, like the Salamanders a lot. Look forward to the Origins playback !

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Mmmm, lovely late-war Germans, Karl...

...at Origins 2022, you say......
    Yes; I'm hoping to playtest my jet rules before Origins. Swallows, meteors, salamanders and shooting stars!
    Karl

Very impressive Karl.
    It will be interesting to see those babes in action.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Thanks all. I forgot to mention, the B-26s and the He-162s are AiM. The Do.335s came from AE models SW store (Foz)
    I also have some Ar.234s, P-80s and Me.262s in the pipeline, as are a couple of He.280s, just for S&Gs.
    All decals are from Miscminis.

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    You're a lucky man, Jeff.
    Thanks for posting.
    Thanks, Pete... this time, I heard them in time to get my iPhone ready. They couldn't have been more than 1200 feet over the house and heading North towards Denver.

Name:	a9b6304c3dafacecc707346e6c93c456.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	306433
    I can't tell if the B-24 was Diamond Lil... But Fifi and Diamond Lil often tour together.

Name:	702d1e5a2a6fd9cbbd1e5c676740c71e.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	306434
    Every military plane buzzes the Air Force Academy on the way in/out... and I live right next to and above the Academy...Aviation goodness at the hacienda!

Nice shots Jeff.
    Much better than the ones I tried to get when the Spitfire buzzed our Living History camp. All I got was a tree and a fuzzy blur.

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Love those 335’s, mind you those Superfortress photos are pretty darn good.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Running late, I know, but the first pics I took had bad lighting.

B-26 Marauders, ready to hunt down the IJN:

Name:	DSCN2160.JPG 
Size:	201.5 KB 
ID:	306348

Name:	DSCN2161.JPG 
Size:	154.9 KB 
ID:	306349

what, no flak bait?

Yes; I'm hoping to playtest my jet rules before Origins. Swallows, meteors, salamanders and shooting stars!
    Karl

if you can figure out rules and cards for it ive got a couple 229s thatd fit in that lineup pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles downunder View Post
    Well, someone had to start it and, seeing as I had the last post in July, it only seems fitting…

My British Mk IV is awaiting me to set up the paint booth so I have begun work on my A7V. The chassis is pretty much done and all 96 track pads and 96 track links are cleaned up and awaiting assembly and glueing in my custom-made jig:

Attachment 304810

Attachment 304811

Attachment 304812

Still a way to go yet though and I have decided on a colour scheme other than that provided - the fact that I live in Australia might give you a clue!

with the level of detail im assuming thats a meng a7v?
    ive got a tauro i started years ago thats stalled because of the treads. too many of the pins tore out and i dont know what to do now. wish i could find 1 piece treads for it.
    ive got some 1/100th a7vs that i just painted up for origins. if i could log on id post pics sssssiiiiggghhh.

Still a way to go yet though and I have decided on a colour scheme other than that provided - the fact that I live in Australia might give you a clue! [/QUOTE]

aaaahhhhh but does it have sockel gun mount or a block laffette? thats one way you can narrow your choice down.

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post

aaaahhhhh but does it have sockel gun mount or a block laffette? thats one way you can narrow your choice down.
    Yep, after a bit of research I realized I was up for a fair bit of reworking and scratch building but the Queensland museum have been incredibly helpful!

what, no flak bait?
    Wrong theater of operations
    I have more started, but I don't think Minimisc has decals for them. Must check.
    Karl

if you can figure out rules and cards for it ive got a couple 229s thatd fit in that lineup pretty good.
    Have the rules to be tested for it, but what on the Allied side could catch it's expected speed? Might need to bring out the P-80Cs for that.
    Karl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. July Workbench 2021
    By ReducedAirFact in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 07-27-2021, 00:32
  2. June Workbench 2021
    By Von Scharf in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 07-01-2021, 10:29
  3. May Workbench 2021
    By Guntruck in forum Hobby Room