Ares Games
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: COVID JABS... queue for the medic

Nice one Reg... freedom awaits

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

2nd jab yesterday - Pfizer again.

Felt a bit woozy a couple of hours later, and WARM! It wore off quickly, though.

Fell asleep at work after 17:00 - woke at 18:30!
    Drifted in and out of sleep when I got home; but I feel OK now.

Vaccination card displaying both jab dates is now laminated, and will serve as a Pub Passport!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Did manage to get mine yesterday. Moderna vaccine. I haven't noticed any real side affects, aside from a slight pain in my arm. However...
    Due ot poor traffic flow design, and the fact that the pharmacy's check-in system went kablooey, I had to stand in line approximately an hour and a half. My back didn't like that (I have degenerative disc disease disease). An the mammal I married seems to have had a mild allergic reaction: sh'es in touch with the CDC about it, and the implications for the second dose.

Glad you came through OK. Tim.
    You can now discontinue taking the dried frog pills.
    That idea about laminating your vaccination card is a good one. I will follow suit at the end of this month.
    Hope to see you at Doncaster all being well.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

just got my appointment for my second Pfizer injection tomorrow. Roll on the side effects

Bring it on.... hope it goes well

Yeah! I finally got my appointment for my first jab for Monday April 5th. Have no idea which one I'll get until the moment. Wait a minute, I got this notice today, April 1st. Is this a joke?

Got my 2nd Pfizer jab yesterday, actually less soreness then the first one although neither was too over the top.

2nd AZ jab this month - hope not to have the 24 hours of feeling crap. But still better to have it than not. Some of our staff had a few days of feeling rough, and majority seemed fairly fine.

Got my 2nd jab today ... two weeks to go to resuming a somewhat normal life!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	COVID 3.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	299513

Quote Originally Posted by NewFlyBoy View Post
    Got my 2nd jab today ... two weeks to go to resuming a somewhat normal life!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	COVID 3.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	299513
    Did the 2nd jab make you woozy? Looks like you took the photo while laying on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Did the 2nd jab make you woozy? Looks like you took the photo while laying on the floor.
    HA ! Funny you should mention it though -- in the waiting area after getting the shot, the woman in the socially distanced chair alongside me wound up in a full-on fetal position on the floor! She periodically raised her head to groan and refused my offer to get a nurse for her. When I went for my shot today I didn't expect to see the last act of Macbeth play out alongside me...it certainly made the time pass quickly!

ps -- I've been having difficulty recently on both Wings and on Sails in having my photos come up properly. Further evidence of my being a technological moron, I guess....

Well, that's it. Had my second jab yesterday. Less arm soreness!!! wating to see if anything else happens, all okay at the moment

First jab, Astrazeneca, on March 11. No side effects. Next one on May 28th!

Got my second jab yesterday, Pfizer thru the county health department it was really well run
    and I've no issues even with the first one three weeks ago. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210311_163846.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	299589

Had a letter through, 2nd jab brought forward. Result!

2nd jab this afternoon, once again AZ and so far so good.

Had my first jab of Moderna Monday afternoon. Felt a little light headed early evening but it passed. Arm was pretty sore Tuesday but today it's barely noticeable. Ok, bring on jab 2 in four weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Had my first jab of Moderna Monday afternoon. Felt a little light headed early evening but it passed. Arm was pretty sore Tuesday but today it's barely noticeable. Ok, bring on jab 2 in four weeks!
    Yes you young whipper snappers are just not as hardy as us old codgers..... The second one is supposed to be the one that people have found difficult -- really all I had was a bit of a sore arm for a couple of days-- I'm sure you will be fine -- I know you to be a tough guy!

Good to hear, Peter!

la deuxième injection Pfizer

So far, so good.

Way off the pace, as always 1st Jab was early Feb. Due the second on 2nd May - Astra Zen Ah well, in for a penny in for a pound

Without wishing to delve into politics, how is the vaccination being organised on the other side of The Pond? I've had American friends tell me they've had theirs via work, but others have had to drive a hundred miles or more (that's a LONG drive for us, btw!), still others have just ambled up to a centre at the end of the day and asked if there were any doses "going spare". Ours is almost entirely by invitation, based largely on age - although certain pre-existing medical/health factors will push you nearer to the front of the queue - working gradually down the list chronologically. You get a letter telling you it's your group's turn, you then log in and pick the nearest centre geographically, and a date - and even a time - that suits you, but what's the system for you chaps?
    Last edited by VonWreckedoften; 04-13-2021 at 01:51.

Miscellaneous Miniatures
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kevin
    Sorties Flown

There's no standard system, it varies by state, employer, job, and medical plan. In some states it can vary by county.

In my case, I had the following options:

I was eligible to make an appointment because I live in and am employed in a particular county. Others that do not live in the county but work in the county can make an appointment to get the shot.
    I was also eligible to make an appointment through my medical plan.
    Additionally, I was eligible to make an appointment through the Veteran's Administration (VA).

Each of the above can have additional opportunities as well. For instance, if the person is an eligible recipient for VA benefits, the veteran's spouse, children, and caregiver may also be eligible.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by VonWreckedoften View Post
    Without wishing to delve into politics, how is the vaccination being organised on the other side of The Pond? I've had American friends tell me they've had theirs via work, but others have had to drive a hundred miles or more (that's a LONG drive for us, btw!), still others have just ambled up to a centre at the end of the day and asked if there were any doses "going spare". Ours is almost entirely by invitation, based largely on age - although certain pre-existing medical/health factors will push you nearer to the front of the queue - working gradually down the list chronologically. You get a letter telling you it's your group's turn, you then log in and pick the nearest centre geographically, and a date - and even a time - that suits you, but what's the system for you chaps?

BC Health finally allowed my age group to register for vaccines. However, things might be going very well, because last week those 72+ were allowed to register, this week they jumped down to 55+, instead of 65+. So, I'm in! Got registered today, and with any luck I will be jabbed this week.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

I am pleased to say chaps that I have received a text message about having my first vaccination jab.

That’s great news Mark... I look forward to hearing about your reaction/lack of reaction.
    We’re getting there chaps, slowly but surely...

2nd shot yesterday. I'm now a Pfully Pfledged member of Team Pfizer.

It's been 24 hours and my arm is *definitely* sore from this round, but not much else. The spousal unit, not as lucky - all joints reported aching. Guess I know who is making dinner...

Update: 48 hours later... all good! reactions faded fast and were really only annoying. I'd recommend planning a quiet day of inactivity for yourself the day following your second jab. Just go ahead and plan for it!
    Last edited by Von Scharf; 04-18-2021 at 10:30.

Hope she’s better soon Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiolillo View Post
    First jab, Astrazeneca, on March 11. No side effects. Next one on May 28th!
    Good to hear! Your need is greater than ours.

If nothing goes wrong, we might have everyone here a given at least one jab by June. June 2022 that is.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post
    Good to hear! Your need is greater than ours.

If nothing goes wrong, we might have everyone here a given at least one jab by June. June 2022 that is.

Got our second Pfizer jabs on Weds. Felt rough the next day, but back to normal by the weekend.

Thats reassuring Chris, can’t wait for my second one.

Received my second stick yesterday. Mederna. Feeling sore, and tired, but overall no severe side effects. Sharing, to encourage others.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Urai View Post
    Received my second stick yesterday. Mederna. Feeling sore, and tired, but overall no severe side effects. Sharing, to encourage others.

I get my 2nd Moderna a week form Monday. Can't wait to be fully jabbed.

Me neither... not long now (well another 2 months)

I got both of mine but I am 71 years old and not worried about it COVID.

Right, in the vernacular of the SoG site, both myself and my ground crew have been double-shotted.

Not sure what protection it will give against whatever Patient Zero brings to the party at Doncaster, but we live in hope.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Had my second yesterday...arm much more sore than it was the first time, and I think that may be slightly nauseous. Can't really tell.

Edit: definite nausea, getting more prominent as the day wore on. Not enough to knock me out of anything, just more than I wanted to deal with.
    Last edited by zenlizard; 04-29-2021 at 04:18.

We are loading, and should be double shotted by this time tomorrow.
    Rob.

JJ single shot four days ago. Side effects: none. If you pushed, hard, on the spot where the shot was I suppose you could say it "hurt", but not my definition of pain. My own personal history (not good) with the yearly "flu" shot (last one 7 years ago) made the idea of taking two chances of getting sick when I could take one seem problematical. If you are female, 3 deaths in 7 million shots possibly does not appeal to you (blood clots), if so, by all means get one of the double-taps. They were out of the question from the get-go for me.

Finally found out why I've not had my second jab yet (week 16+) - Some F-wit at the surgery changed my record date ! from 10th Jan to 3rd Mar. Needless to say there will be a complaint going in. Honest to God I wouldn't trust admin up there to sit on a toilet the right way round.
    Thankfully due to an ONS survey I know I have antibodies still.

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Some F-wit at the surgery changed my record date ! from 10th Jan to 3rd Mar. Needless to say there will be a complaint going in. Honest to God I wouldn't trust admin up there to sit on a toilet the right way round.
    "Run a Surgery? - they couldn't run a bath!"
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

I hardly dare say that yesterday Mrs K and mysef had our second jab. So far no after effects save the sore injection site. Feels a bit bruised today.

Rob.

That’s great news Rob, think we are getting there slowly but surely...

Two days to go for number 2 But Yon has to wait until the end of the month for hers

I received my second jab yesterday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    I received my second jab yesterday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Finally found out why I've not had my second jab yet (week 16+) - Some F-wit at the surgery changed my record date ! from 10th Jan to 3rd Mar.
    My wife had her first shot on 15th March, got home, proudly showed me her card, then looked puzzled when I asked her where she'd been for the past month. They'd stamped it 15th February.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    That’s great news Rob, think we are getting there slowly but surely...
    When you say "slowly" are we talking BE2, DH2, SE5 or Sopwith Dragon?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Covid-19 lockdowns seem to end
    By Alfgard in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-12-2020, 19:20
  2. WGF Fed Up of Covid-19, I tried a little Steffi'17!
    By Flying Helmut in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-24-2020, 10:02
  3. Shapeways + Covid 19
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2020, 17:53