Ares Games
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Planes

i threw bids on the xdecks. already been outbid for one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    i threw bids on the xdecks. already been outbid for one of them.
    Whistling nonchalantly...

That was quick. They usually wait for the last minute snipe attack!

Quote Originally Posted by camelbeagle View Post
    That was quick. They usually wait for the last minute snipe attack!
    I’m a fan of Fire And Forget bids. I calculate what I’m willing to pay, bid that once, and walk away - the bid is either snipe proof, or they were willing to pay more than I was.

Well said Bruce. I know several people who have that philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol View Post
    I’m a fan of Fire And Forget bids. I calculate what I’m willing to pay, bid that once, and walk away - the bid is either snipe proof, or they were willing to pay more than I was.

same here for the most part. sometimes ill throw a holding bid on something and then decide if im going to bid again if i get outbid.

This dude from Germany is apparently selling such a sweet collection I'm falling into a diabetic coma...

https://www.ebay.de/sch/thekorny/m.h...1&_ipg=&_from=

Money could be a problem since apparently he doesn't accept Paypal. He states that you should contact him for international shipping. I'm fine for the moment so you won't bid against me

From Germany 14 planes " immediate purchase " for 140 Euros = 170 Dollars :

https://www.ebay.de/itm/164640131008

Spad S.VII - Guynemer

RAF R.E. 8 - Longton & Carson

LFG Roland C.II - Air Force

Raf SE.5 - Boudwin

Sopwith Camel - Brown

Sopwith Camel - pillow berth

Spad XIII - Coadou

Spad XIII - Luke

Spad XIII - Baracca

Morane-Saulnier Type N - Gilbert

Morane-Saulnier Type N - Chaput

Albatros D.VA - Udet

Nieuport 16 - Ball

UFAG C. I - Aviation Force

Generally how play the game too, lessons learnt of getting my fingers burnto in a bidding war only to pay well over retail for anow item.

That's all very well, but you can end up paying your maximum time and time again.

An early "max bid" just gives everyone else time to bid repeatedly, edging closer and closer to your max.
    If you win, you pay your max.
    If you get outbid, then, as you say, they were willing to pay more than you.

I admit it, I'm a sniper...
    I enter my "max bid" with just a couple of seconds to go; if it's not enough, well, they were willing to pay more than I was - no biggie.
    If I win, it's frequently for a great deal less than my max; often only 1/4 or so.
    I've saved a fortune over the years.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    I hardly buy anything from eBay these days, but when I do I am ready to snipe in the last minute with my highest bid (assuming the item hasn't already gone to silly money heights)

That's all very well, but you can end up paying your maximum time and time again.

An early "max bid" just gives everyone else time to bid repeatedly, edging closer and closer to your max.
    If you win, you pay your max.
    If you get outbid, then, as you say, they were willing to pay more than you.

I enter my "max bid" with just a couple of seconds to go; if it's not enough, well, they were willing to pay more than I was - no biggie.
    If I win, it's frequently for a great deal less than my max; often only 1/4 or so.
    I've saved a fortune over the years.
    I see your theory but I figure, they too were willing to pay that anyway so sI'm around result. Ano in turn I've bumped their prices too! In honesty, id forget about the item if I attempted last minutes so would save on many occasions

Many strategies to get the elusive planes!

On a more interesting note. Super7 ReAction Action Figures is making a Peanuts Line. They are doing a flying Ace Snoopy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Flying-Ace-...EAAOSw9rJekL6q

Well, not much of anything currently on Ebay. I guess everyone cleaned their closets out and are laughing to the bank with our money!

I picked up a Barker Camel and French Sopwith Strutter for a good price. I missed a Macchi I got an email deal for. When I answered it was already gone...in 2 minutes.

Awesome! Amazing how fast they go sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    I picked up a Barker Camel and French Sopwith Strutter for a good price. I missed a Macchi I got an email deal for. When I answered it was already gone...in 2 minutes.
    Keith shows all of those available in the Aerodrome store.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    Keith shows all of those available in the Aerodrome store.
    Yes they are, but if I can get them including shipping for less than the asking price what can I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Fix View Post
    This dude from Germany is apparently selling such a sweet collection I'm falling into a diabetic coma...
    https://www.ebay.de/sch/thekorny/m.h...1&_ipg=&_from=
    Money could be a problem since apparently he doesn't accept Paypal. He states that you should contact him for international shipping. I'm fine for the moment so you won't bid against me
    Every set of 12 planes (=series) sold for over 100 €, some over 200 €. His two Staaken went for 50-60 € each. I wouldn't call those prices expensive nor cheap either. Even Shapeway Staakens are sold for 40$ upwards.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Peter
    Sorties Flown

Doh! Those lovely Siemens-Schuckerts went for $2.50 more than I was willing to spend. FOILED AGAIN BY THOSE PESKY KIDS!

Name:  SiemensTrio.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  49.5 KB

Good things come to those who wait...

I got my Hohn Pfalz last week for “just” $43 after watching the last one go for $76 and the one before that for $137. Now “just” 2 more planes to find!

You’ll get there!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Florian
    Sorties Flown

This weekend there were some single auctions for complete series on the German eBay side. The one with the Fokkers D.VII was sold for only 150 €. The one with Triplanes and Siemens was sold for barely above 200 €! Each with 12 planes - that's a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Karo7 View Post
    This weekend there were some single auctions for complete series on the German eBay side. The one with the Fokkers D.VII was sold for only 150 €. The one with Triplanes and Siemens was sold for barely above 200 €! Each with 12 planes - that's a steal.
    Yeah, postet that also and watched the auctions live. Bid on the Staakens but couldn't get one

All kinds of really good stuff dropped today! Gotha, Caproni, Siemens, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Fix View Post
    Yeah, postet that also and watched the auctions live. Bid on the Staakens but couldn't get one
    How much did the sell for?
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Got ‘em both, but passing along the opportunity to the interested - Fokker D VII Goering, Stark:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WGF115A-Fok...IAAOSw~uFgAIw5

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WGF115C-Fok...MAAOSwVF9gAIzT

And looking through the seller’s other listings - Balloons:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NGWOW135B-B...AAAOSwG6tgAK1X

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NGWOW135A-B...kAAOSwymlgAKuH

Note higher shipping prices on those.

Albatros D.II

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WGF114A-Alb...UAAOSwTL1gAIGf

And Boelke and Von Rickety.

Hanriot

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WGF109C-Han...wAAOSwLQtgAH56

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WGF109A-Han...IAAOSwJ6xgAHy8

Morane-Saulnier

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WGF107B-Mor...kAAOSwfW1gAH~x

Halberstadt D.III

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WGF106A-Hal...wAAOSwgNhgAH-X

Ya know...just go look for yourselves. Whole bunch of stuff- Siemens-Schuckerts, Gothas, Caproni - I can be here all day copying the list over.
    Last edited by Dawn Patrol; 01-20-2021 at 16:03.

How much did the sell for?
    As I earlier said, not cheap, but not expensive either. The Staakens themselves (I'm not quite sure anymore if he had 2 or 4 available) went for 55-65€ without shipping. (plus 5 € for shipping in Germany)

I'm now triggerhappy in getting the blue Staaken but including shipping it would cost around 100€, damn. I've already moved other planes around so I have space in my case display^^

There several Staaken, Handley Page, and other large bombers listed right now. I would suggest taking a look. All the listings have a .99 cent starting bid.

There are also 4 or 5 blue Staakens for sale on Amazon (US). They range from $61.20 USD to $64, including shipping. Not sure that particularly helps you Felix, but just a reminder that there are some cheap planes on Amazon every now and then. I once found a Schaefer D.VII for $45, free shipping... couldn't hit Buy It Now fast enough.
    Last edited by Von Scharf; 01-21-2021 at 08:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Scharf View Post
    There are also 4 or 5 blue Staakens for sale on Amazon (US). They range from $61.20 USD to $64, including shipping. Not sure that particularly helps you Felix, but just a reminder that there are some cheap planes on Amazon every now and then. I once found a Schaefer D.VII for $45, free shipping... couldn't bit Buy It Now fast enough.
    That was actually a pretty good hint! I search on Amazon everytime, but never thought about using another than the german version. I bought a Staaken for 50€ from Rarewaves now, maybe there are 20% taxes on top but that would be a lot cheaper if I bought it on ebay for 100€ either way so I don't care...
    Thanks Jeff!!

You are right. I once bought 4 Gladiators for 10€ incl. Shipping so yeah, search where you can...

There are also 4 or 5 blue Staakens for sale on Amazon (US). They range from $61.20 USD to $64, including shipping. Not sure that particularly helps you Felix, but just a reminder that there are some cheap planes on Amazon every now and then. I once found a Schaefer D.VII for $45, free shipping... couldn't hit Buy It Now fast enough.
    Got my Staaken off eBay last year for $35 (buy it now) - that’s the most I’ve paid for any WoG plane. As long as it remains in print, deals can usually be found if you are patient.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Peter
    Sorties Flown

Latest round was a feeding frenzy with the usual assortment of overvalued & undervalued planes. There were some definite eyebrow raisers, some collectors are clearly more obsessed than others.

The Fokker DVIIs and Triplanes soared into the stratosphere. Pity they don't come with pressurized cabins.

Boelcke's Albatros D.II for $86+? Wow.

I thought the Albatros D.V Jacobs and Camel Stackard were overbid by a handsome margin, but the Von Hippel D.Va selling for $62+ was shocking. The SPAD XIII Coadu auctions selling for $43 and $51 also surprised me (no, I'm not bitter, really... sort of). However, losing out on Richthofen's Albatros D.II and Harvey/Waight Bristol F.2B made me bitter. Does $54 and $41 sound right??? Maybe it's just me.

With the exception of the LaGuardia version the other Caproni CA3s sold for way below market value, coming shockingly close to their recommended retail price! Kudos to anyone who landed those. The Gothas? Collectors love to obsess over them.

I managed to scoop up the Coppens Hanriot, SPAD S.VII 23 Sq and Staaken-Zeppelin Scholler around or below my limits. Paid a wee bit more for the Coppens than I would have liked but that was balanced by the SPAD VII and Staaken auctions.

Ok, enough venting. Did anyone manage to grab any flying objects of their desire? Do tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Spino View Post
    Latest round was a feeding frenzy with the usual assortment of overvalued & undervalued planes. There were some definite eyebrow raisers, some collectors are clearly more obsessed than others.

The Fokker DVIIs and Triplanes soared into the stratosphere. Pity they don't come with pressurized cabins.

I thought the Albatros D.V Jacobs and Camel Stackard were overbid by a handsome margin, but the Von Hippel D.Va selling for $62+ was shocking. The SPAD XIII Coadu auctions selling for $43 and $51 also surprised me (no, I'm not bitter, really... sort of). However, losing out on Richthofen's Albatros D.II and Harvey/Waight Bristol F.2B made me bitter. Does $54 and $41 sound right??? Maybe it's just me.

With the exception of the LaGuardia version the other Caproni CA3s sold for way below market value, coming shockingly close to their recommended retail price! Kudos to anyone who landed those. The Gothas? Collectors love to obsess over them.

I managed to scoop up the Coppens Hanriot, SPAD S.VII 23 Sq and Staaken-Zeppelin Scholler around or below my limits. Paid a wee bit more for the Coppens than I would have liked but that was balanced by the SPAD VII and Staaken auctions.

Ok, enough venting. Did anyone manage to grab any flying objects of their desire? Do tell.
    I only scored one but am not going to pay crazy money for any plane. Surprisingly I lost a few by someone bidding just over my max. Good for them getting a decent price.

Nice scores Spino! I struck out swinging. Planes I was interested in went for way way more than I can justify paying. Lot of good planes that sold. Hope they bring a lot of fun and enjoyment to everyone! I see two new Duel Packs showed up from another seller!!!

Spino - so you're the guy I was trying to get that Spad7 23Sqn cheap but knew I couldn't. Had I seen the Caproni LaGuardia or Zepp-Staak Scholler in time I would have nabbed them. Some of the list went for crazy $$.

I got the Hanriot Scaroni and 2 Hannovers.

Sure was a sight to behold, eh? Mr. HistoricBoardGames listed and sold damn near every type of aircraft ever made by Ares/Nexus! I saw a Goering go for $108 USD... Wonder how pissed they would be if they knew Keith has some for $50 in his store?

After I sold my GameStop stock today, I snagged the Collishaw Sopwith Triplane and a bottle of Macallan 20. I have commenced day drinking in celebration of a completed collection! (well, I at least have one of everything now). Almost one year to the day since joining this wonderful forum and getting into the game. Now onto repaints, or is that the whisky talking? Prolly...

Well done, Jeff! That is an accomplishment -- I know because I'm closing in on the goal. If you send that bottle of Macallan over I'll gladly toast you.

Nada. The Caproni were reasonable considering what you see them go for, but $55+ (with shipping) was more than I was willing to pay (because I’m cheap). My attempt at a snipe on the Brisfit was timed well, but was already out-bid with more than I was willing to pay. I thought about the Spad VII because it was a good price, but I have them all and let it go without bidding. Boelcke seemed awfully high, but that’s what happens when two people really, really want a particular plane and decide that there is no tomorrow. Mostly, I found the bidding was going higher than what I was willing to pay, or just average prices on planes currently available taking into account the shipping. The Staaken and Handly-Page seemed pretty good deals, but wasn’t really looking for them. Pretty much saved a lot of money and went out and bought a couple of two-seaters I needed off Amazon instead.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Peter
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by malachi View Post
    Spino - so you're the guy I was trying to get that Spad7 23Sqn cheap but knew I couldn't. Had I seen the Caproni LaGuardia or Zepp-Staak Scholler in time I would have nabbed them. Some of the list went for crazy $$.

I got the Hanriot Scaroni and 2 Hannovers.
    Sorry Malachi! But I'm glad to hear you scored those other planes.

Sure was a sight to behold, eh? Mr. HistoricBoardGames listed and sold damn near every type of aircraft ever made by Ares/Nexus! I saw a Goering go for $108 USD... Wonder how pissed they would be if they knew Keith has some for $50 in his store?

After I sold my GameStop stock today, I snagged the Collishaw Sopwith Triplane and a bottle of Macallan 20. I have commenced day drinking in celebration of a completed collection! (well, I at least have one of everything now). Almost one year to the day since joining this wonderful forum and getting into the game. Now onto repaints, or is that the whisky talking? Prolly...
    Yes, it was shameless. So shameless that another big WoW/WoG seller, Trm7777, pulled all his auctions shortly after HistoricBoardGames posted his collection. Trm7777 just reposted some of those planes. There's a Pfalz D.III Holtzem if anyone is interested.

So you were one of the lucky ones to get in on the Gamestop hype? Congrats on cashing in your chips while the gettins' good! I'm too conservative an investor to touch anything but mutual & index funds and S&P500 stocks. I've been tempted to try momentum investing as it seems more in line with my sensibilities.

Congrats on that Collishaw Triplane and enjoy that McCallan 20!

Didn't even hit 45% of what von Hippel went for, guess I'll scratch that off the list, and hope I'll be making more decal friends.........

Quote Originally Posted by malachi View Post
    Well done, Jeff! That is an accomplishment -- I know because I'm closing in on the goal. If you send that bottle of Macallan over I'll gladly toast you.
    Thanks Chris. I only wish I could have given my money to Ares and not eBay bandits. And full disclosure, it is actually a Macallan Rare Cask 2020 Release. If you don't have the Drizly app, then good for you 'cause fine beverages delivered right to your door... both delightful and disconcerting at the same time.

I have commenced day drinking in celebration of a completed collection! (we
    People should check out the Aerodrome store - has some oop planes with prices that are reasonable considering how high the bids have been going of late.

Okay, I’m gonna drink to saving money by not bidding as vigorously as others! Since it involved wings, gotta go with the Eagle Rare bourbon.

Edit in: And yup, just gave some money to Ares - they tend to have everything at full list on Amazon, but I rooted out a Ufag they had marked at $15.90 with free shipping.
    Last edited by Dawn Patrol; 01-27-2021 at 14:41.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Peter
    Sorties Flown

People should check out the Aerodrome store - has some oop planes with prices that are reasonable considering how high the bids have been going of late. ...
    !!! I just gave my hard earned money to the Aerodrome for Goering and Sachsenberg Fokker D.VIIs. You sir, are a true American hero. Thank you!

Who got the duel packs? I tried for one of the Jasta 5 Albatros and Frank Luke Spad XIII and got snipped at the last second.

Quote Originally Posted by camelbeagle View Post
    Who got the duel packs? I tried for one of the Jasta 5 Albatros and Frank Luke Spad XIII and got snipped at the last second.
    Snipped ? Sounds brutal, did the missus find out how much you're spending ?!
    These are coming out again soon (allegedly), you'll probably get them cheaper from the aerodrome store.

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Snipped ? Sounds brutal, did the missus find out how much you're spending ?!
    These are coming out again soon (allegedly), you'll probably get them cheaper from the aerodrome store.
    LOL! Sniped. I meant sniped! LOL!

Thank goodness for that !

"He is wise who watches"

Fokker D.vii Udet went for £112 yesterday on E-bay. As if by magic another one has just appeared

Quote Originally Posted by camel crew View Post
    Fokker D.vii Udet went for £112 yesterday on E-bay. As if by magic another one has just appeared
    That's not suspicious. At all!

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. eBay WW2 planes on ebay
    By pflanzer in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-28-2019, 17:25
  2. A few planes on ebay for good prices in UK
    By Popsical in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-28-2018, 13:12
  3. Several Hard To Get Planes Pending on Ebay