Ares Games

Thread: Salute to the Wrights

thyme71

Default Salute to the Wrights

On December 17, 1903, Orville and Wilbur made the first controlled, powered and sustained heavier-than-air human flight. A salute goes out to them and their historic flight 107 years ago today at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina.

Good reminder Jeff.

Amazing that that was only 107 years ago... and that two brothers and a bicycle shop could change the face of the world the way that they did!

Edited due to poster's moronic inability to do math... even when no math was necessary in the first place...
    Last edited by The Cowman; 12-17-2010 at 18:07.
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

What's really amazing to me is that a mere 15 years after that first flight, World War I was over. And now, 107 years later, our battles are being fought partially by pilotless aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by tuladin View Post
    What's really amazing to me is that a mere 15 years after that first flight, World War I was over. And now, 107 years later, our battles are being fought partially by pilotless aircraft.
    Just look at the advances in aircraft design during the war 1914-1918

Cheers to the Wright brothers. It's amazing how far we've come in flight and how far we still have to go.

And only 66 years after the man was on the Moon.

I've in front of me a picture of the "new Eath" rising on the Moon horizon Amazing!

I will drink to the memory of the Wright Bros. Without them, this whole Site would be about Balloons.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Cheers!

(despit my threads and posts on the balloons! )

Ha! ha! Got ya. Attilio. Ijust knew someone would mention balloons. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."