Ares Games
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Series 4 Miniatures

Users Country Flag

Name
    Perry
    Sorties Flown

Pre-order available from the Warstore as well.

http://www.thewarstore.com/Wings%20of%20War.html

CoolStuff has the right price, however...

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_min...k%20Series%204

Quote Originally Posted by Cujo8-1 View Post
    CoolStuff has the right price, however...

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_min...k%20Series%204
    I've used the Warstore in the past and have very satisfied with them. But after seeing your post and checking out CoolStuff I'll have to think on my next order. Minis are $1.50 less and from all the reviews I came across at various sites, they got rave reviews.

Also interesting about both stores, two-seaters are the same price as fighters. In the past they have always been about $3.00 higher everywhere I found them.

stringbag

Default Pre order series 4

Ive just pre-ordered one of each aircraft from Amazon UK, apparently no payment is taken until dispatched, delivery date early October or earlier if available, good price for UK as well with free shipping. Oh and I don't work for them either

Quote Originally Posted by Coog View Post
    I've used the Warstore in the past and have very satisfied with them. But after seeing your post and checking out CoolStuff I'll have to think on my next order. Minis are $1.50 less and from all the reviews I came across at various sites, they got rave reviews.

Also interesting about both stores, two-seaters are the same price as fighters. In the past they have always been about $3.00 higher everywhere I found them.
    I ordered from CoolStuff as well, hard to beat those prices. $8.49 each (even the two seaters) and free shipping. It doesn't get much better than that.

Can't wait to check out the SE5a's!

Default Pre-order in spain

In Edge Spain they are finally announced:

http://www.edgeent.com/v2/edge_news.asp?eidn=686

By the moment, they are only avalaible in preorder...

This is good news. There had been no official announcement so far.

We read...

I'm a big fan of coolstuff. My local brick'n'mortar store gets the stuff, but they are so expensive I can't spend my bucks there.

I have used services of CoolStuff with pleasure, it's great place to shop and hunt rare miniatures (for example vessels from Star Wars: Starship Battles).

And I just pre-ordered all six planes, can't wait for the release day. 8D

Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    And I just pre-ordered all six planes, can't wait for the release day. 8D
    There are twelve planes in this set.

Ah, sorry, that was my meaning - all twelve planes.

FRP www.frpgames.com has series 4 for sale today! WooHoo!

Order placed with CoolStuff -- all 12 of them come in *just* over the limit for Free Shipping.

[Cartman] Yes, I'm that awesome, who wants to touch me? I SAID WHO WANTS TO ****IN' TOUCH ME!? [/Cartman]

I spokento my retailer this morning and I will have all my planes on friday! Woohoo!

Wow, too cool -- getting them all at once. I have thought about that, but have been pretty good about buying one a week or so from my LGS. Gives me something to look forward to, and prolongs the agony/gratification (at least I think it does... Keeps the wife happy at least!).

Now, when the bombers come out -- that might well be another story!

Quote Originally Posted by KiltedWolf View Post
    Wow, too cool -- getting them all at once. I have thought about that, but have been pretty good about buying one a week or so from my LGS. Gives me something to look forward to, and prolongs the agony/gratification (at least I think it does... Keeps the wife happy at least!).

Now, when the bombers come out -- that might well be another story!
    Bombers. Mmm
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamBarkerVC View Post
    I spokento my retailer this morning and I will have all my planes on friday! Woohoo!
    I believe at CoolStuff they say that the order doesn't bill your credit card until it ships, and I see today that my credit card has been billed. With any luck, I'll get to see series IV this Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by bsmith13 View Post
    I'm a big fan of coolstuff. My local brick'n'mortar store gets the stuff, but they are so expensive I can't spend my bucks there.
    I've bought all my previous sets at my FLAGS, and they even give me a %10 discount, which here in Ohio is basically a wash with the sales tax (%7.75). The two seaters are usually $3.00 more than the single seaters too. With the free shipping at CoolStuff, it saves me nearly 50%, too hard to pass this time around.

The cool thing about my FLAGS is that the owner, I believe (I could be way wrong about this), doesn't depend on the shop so much as a means of a living. I think it's more of a life's passion.

It'd be a sad day indeed when/if shops like that become a thing of the past.
    Last edited by kaufschtick; 09-15-2010 at 16:23.

I'd support my FLGS, but when ordering it from across the country is *3/4* the cost of buying local -- well, Oregon's economy sucks: There Is A Reason For This. :P

I get a nice discount from my local so no reason to go elsewhere. Only one more day!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matias
    Sorties Flown

mmm
    I gues Im giving a try to cool stuf...

Looks like the CINC House (Commander in Chief - Wife) just approved the whole series purchase +1 for a repaint from my FLGS. It's a 20% off deal and I don't mind keeping the little guys in business either. (I think she loves me)

One more sleep and they will be here

Talking

Right after posting my FLGS called to tell me come and get them

Look what just landed on the game table
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails series4.jpg  

Default Series 4 On Its Way!

I just received word from CoolStuff that my Series 4 planes shipped out today!

Same here, looks like an early next week arrival date. I still am having a hard time believing $101.38 for the whole freakin' set, and delivered to my front door to boot!

I may sneak over to my FLAGS tomorrow on my day off and grab a couple extra of the British SE5a's. I've been wanting to double up on those balloons too, maybe snip off the rockets from the wing struts on the extra Nieuports.

Same here.

Users Country Flag

Name
    ERIN
    Sorties Flown

Me too too!

Being the skeptic, I called them.

ETA is Monday delivery. I placed the order in this morning.

Guess I will have them available for the Hurricon at Orlando next weekend.

Thanks all of you for the heads up!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

This is getting really depressing now....

Default My store got em...

Just picked up my Dallas SE5a and my Breguet Browning and Duke. So good looking...

Can't wait to try them out. Wish I liked the decks of the German planes as much as I like the way they look.

Ok, jealous now! I may have to rethink my normal route of buying one plane at time -- especially with the convention coming up (running my first con demo).

Quote Originally Posted by CappyTom View Post
    Just got a SE5a and I thought the Spad was fast...

Tom
    How maneuverable is it? I haven't opened it's deck yet.

Saw the series 4 planes yesterday and overall, they look great! My only disappointment was the 'blue' Rumpler C.IV actually looks purple, which doesn't look so great to me. The other two look great, though...Which is ironic, as I pre-ordered the blue one. Oh well, perhaps I will break out my paints again.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveZee View Post
    Just picked up my Dallas SE5a and my Breguet Browning and Duke. So good looking...

Can't wait to try them out. Wish I liked the decks of the German planes as much as I like the way they look.
    Yep, the Pfalz is not a good dogfighter. Sturdy though...makes it a good balloon buster.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlerclan View Post
    Right after posting my FLGS called to tell me come and get them

Look what just landed on the game table
    Nice!!

Bottom right corner = my favorite looking model from the set. Guess I'll have to get it for balloons, right Herr Von Klugermann?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveZee View Post
    How maneuverable is it? I haven't opened it's deck yet.
    It's faster then the spad and has 90 degree turn but its wide. It's good if you have to get some where fast.

Wow, looking at the UPS tracking info; 85 hours to go from Jacksonville Florida to Columbus Ohio. Not 85 hours to reach me, mind you. 85 hours just to make it from Jacksonville to Columbus.

Maybe the guy ran out of gas, and had to walk?

Anyway, hope to see them tomorrow! If they hit the FLAGS tomorrow as well, I'm going to have to grab one more Bishop SE5a...or two...or three, on the way home from work. Let's see, gonna have to remember to take the extra large lunch box tomorrow for..."Operation: Extra SE5a's".

I find sneaking them in the ole' lunchbox easier than trying to explain to the Mrs.'s why I found the need to buy more "little airplanes" on the way home, when I knew there would be a box full of them when I got home from work.

That avoids scenes like this:

Wife: "You bought more planes? There's a box of them on the kitchen table, why'd you buy more?"

Me: "Well, you know. That episode of Dogfights that had the four British SE5a's versus that..."

Wife: "Episode of what ?"

Me: "You know, that show I like...Dogfights. There was this episode where there was this one German in a Dr.I going up against these four British pilots in SE5a's, and the guy just wouldn't quit. You know, he was just a' spinning that little triplane around this way and that, and these British guys, they just couldn't get a good shot on him! So the one British guy... "

Wife: "Hold on, hold on...what's that got to do with you buying more of the same little airplanes that just came from the UPS guy today?"

Me: "Uh, well, um... that's, that's what... I'm trying to explain. You see, there were four British pilots against just the one German; and I already had the german plane, but the British planes? Noooooo, they had to go with the Sopwith Snipe in set II. I never could figure that one out either. I mean, almost everbody loves the SE5a..."

Wife: "The what?"

Me: "Oh...oh! That's right...yeah yeah, I forgot. You don't, uh, you don''t know what a...yeah. Here let me show you! You see, this one here is an SE5a, but it's got this crazy green camo all over it, and I just got it to collect the set; plus I though little Timmy might like it when we play..."

Wife: "Wait a minute. You're saying you got that one for Timmie?" (my youngest son, he's 11)

Me: "Well, not for, Timmie...I mean uh, you know...just in case he might want to use it when we play..."

Wife: "Uh, huh. That's what I though. You were saying..."

Me: "Oh, right! So this one here is an SE5a too, but it's American...I think (eyes go up and to the left trying to remember if those are American roundals or Russian)...ah, what were you asking me again? Oh yeah, oh yeah...uh, the SE5a, right! Let's see (still trying to figure out the roundals)..."

Wife: "You did get Decaf like I asked you, didn't you? I told you to get decaffeinated coffee from now on..."

Me: "Decaf? What's that got to do with airplanes?"

Wife: "Forget it...just forget about it! I'm sorry I asked!" (Heads toward the kitchen to check the coffee)

Man o' man, I can't wait until tomorrow! The good ole' SE5a, definately my favorite WWI plane, hands down.

Oh sorry, I just drooled a little.

EDIT: HOLY TOLEDO! OUTSTANDING SET! THE US SE5a HAS JUST THE TWO BLADED PROP, NICE.

I THINK I MIGHT RATE THIS THE BEST SET, BEHIND THE FIRST ONE, FROM A MODEL POINT OF VIEW.
    Last edited by kaufschtick; 09-21-2010 at 19:14.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Just a quick note as the nice man at Esdevium's just given me a call.... Still fingers crossed and subject to the vagaries of customs clearance, but they're hoping to have Series 4 in hand next Friday, so *if* all goes to plan (big if, obviously, but here's hoping....) it could be with UK retailers (including me obviously - have just ordered stock) a week on Tuesday (ie. 5th October) or even a day or two earlier if we're really lucky.

Dom, getting excited now....

Quote Originally Posted by Dom S View Post
    Just a quick note as the nice man at Esdevium's just given me a call.... Still fingers crossed and subject to the vagaries of customs clearance, but they're hoping to have Series 4 in hand next Friday, so *if* all goes to plan (big if, obviously, but here's hoping....) it could be with UK retailers (including me obviously - have just ordered stock) a week on Tuesday (ie. 5th October) or even a day or two earlier if we're really lucky.

Well done that man.
    To the bar.
    Kyte.

Unhappy

Damn just in time to miss the Derby show

Quote Originally Posted by chimpchoker View Post
    Damn just in time to miss the Derby show
    A very good point Paul.
    Is anyone else going to the World Championships and if so , how can we meet up? Rob.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Sadly not - they will insist on putting it on Cambridgeshire and Arc de Triomphe weekend....

Picked up my set today! Can't wait to give them a go.

UPS website says my minis are in Portland.... [Igor-Olman-style twitching]

In Germany you cannot order the set yet. SPIEL convention Essen could be the first chance to get them here...

I picked my up at the LGS on Wednesday. I think the minis look really good this time around. They have little pilot blobs in them... but sadly they are just painted black.

I knew it was coming, but I'm still just a little disappointed that both two seaters use the K deck. That makes what, 12 K maneuver decks I now own just from the minis... I can't recall if there was one or two more in the booster card packs that I bought

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

To be honest very few 2-seaters are destined for anything else - most C types and allied equivalents fall into the same broad performance range; 100 mph or so, unexceptional handling, with only a few particularly fast (DH4) or agile (Biff, CL types) 2-seaters having any noticeable performance edge.

Yeah, I know... still sucks though. I can see the desire to give us two seaters for each period of the war, but I hate that it takes up 50% of the series to give us planes only used in a few scenarios I'd almost prefer they did special sets like BB for the two seaters. Give us both side's plane (or maybe two for side) in a single box. I think most of us would be happy with just two different paint jobs for the two seaters.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Must admit I agree there, but on completely different grounds - the two-seaters sell far more slowly than the single-seaters, which means they seem to be contributing to the poor miniature availability. (For Series 2 the UK distributor has long since sold out of Barker Snipes and all three D.VIIs, while Series 3 the Nieuports and D.IIIs are all gone, with other countries apparently being similar. Yet there's no word on reprints, presumably because there are still "lots of series 2 and 3 miniatures unsold"....)

Must admit I agree there, but on completely different grounds - the two-seaters sell far more slowly than the single-seaters, which means they seem to be contributing to the poor miniature availability. (For Series 2 the UK distributor has long since sold out of Barker Snipes and all three D.VIIs, while Series 3 the Nieuports and D.IIIs are all gone, with other countries apparently being similar. Yet there's no word on reprints, presumably because there are still "lots of series 2 and 3 miniatures unsold"....)
    I'm agree too with both.

I think that there are enough two seaters in the previous series, and I don't understand why include Breguet and Rumpler when they use maneuver decks previously released in other miniatures.

I would have preferred more one-seaters. I can say more, except the Raf 5e, I prefer the future serie 5...

Sorry for my terrible english. See you!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. The complete WWI Wings of War series - Detailed
    By Desaix in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-19-2016, 16:10
  2. WGF: Flight of Giants
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 218
    Last Post: 09-28-2010, 09:24
  3. WGF: Hit & Run booster