Ares Games

Thread: Street Date for WWI Bombers

Default Street Date for WWI Bombers

The Ares' web site lists the street date for the Gotha and Caprioni as May 7th. I wonder on which street they will available. They do mean this May 7th? :embarass:

http://www.aresgames.eu/upcoming-products

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
    They do mean this May 7th? :embarass:

http://www.aresgames.eu/upcoming-products
    Let´s hope so Anyway only a few days off. Keep the faith.

One week to go and haven't done much for a while so I can afford them.... Will be disappointed if they are late.

Alliance Game Distributors' Midwest Warehouse (in Ft. Wayne, Indiana) lists them as in stock now (but they can't ship them until the release date - 5/7/2012) Some stores may have them on that date, but most will probably get them a day or two later.

Well see what happens with this issue. Wasn't delayed as long as the WWII planes.

May and June look like expensive months

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    May and June look like expensive months
    Yeah, but its the good kind of expensive!

Keeping my fingers crossed

Is there any date for UK yet??

Role on July August when they finally lumber their way down here.
    Linz

Quote Originally Posted by Linz View Post
    Role on July August when they finally lumber their way down here.
    Linz
    Which year?

Better in August than never. Wings of War was too close to death last summer and I am really glad for every new expansion. And 2 or 3 month late is like nothing in boardgame bussines.

12-7-Games state 7of May as release date. I have got to admit with the way the dollar parity is I have given up on ordering in Australia, now order from the States

Hey guys,

I'm new to WoW/G. I just bought the WWII starter set, but the WWI stuff looks fun too. Is there going to be another WWI starter set to go along with the WWII one? The old starter sets are going for ridiculous amounts on ebay, but it seems the easiest way to get everything I need to play.

edit:

If I go to the page for those bomber special packs, it links to a starter set, but the link is dead and gives a 404 error.
    http://www.aresgames.eu/games/ww1-wi...ry-starter-set
    Last edited by Crash331; 05-03-2012 at 10:05.

June, huh?

And will this pretty much replace the old WoW sets? So I shouldn't track down famous Aces and some minis from the old sets?

Quote Originally Posted by Crash331 View Post
    June, huh?

And will this pretty much replace the old WoW sets? So I shouldn't track down famous Aces and some minis from the old sets?
    The accessories pack will compile all previous rules sets, not sure what rules the starter set will have in it (maybe someone who has the new WWII starter can tell us?) but Famous Aces is pretty much the "basic rules set", so I wouldn't worry about buying it.

It still might be worthwhile to pick up the minis (at a reasonable price, of course). There is no guarantee that a specific plane will be re-released, and who knows how long you'll have to wait for the release?

Quote Originally Posted by somaliavet View Post
    The accessories pack will compile all previous rules sets, not sure what rules the starter set will have in it (maybe someone who has the new WWII starter can tell us?) but Famous Aces is pretty much the "basic rules set", so I wouldn't worry about buying it.

It still might be worthwhile to pick up the minis (at a reasonable price, of course). There is no guarantee that a specific plane will be re-released, and who knows how long you'll have to wait for the release?

I have the WWII starter set and it seems to have the same rules as the old dawn of war or whatever it was called.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Gordon
    Sorties Flown

This was posted yesterday in the wow_nexus yahoo group list:
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Just a heads up:

I just received a box from frpgames.com with my order of the Caproni and Gotha bombers.

------------------------------------------------------------

$27 at frpgames. Miniature Market will them at $22, though.

Why are the bombers so costly compared to the other minis? Is it just because of the size, or is this what we should expect from Ares? I like $7-14, not $22-$30.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Gordon
    Sorties Flown

Seems to be because of the size and associated production costs. For example, if we look at Miniature Market's pricing on the new wave of scouts, you'll see that they fall in line with what you'd expect:

For example, the Halberstadt D.III -> http://www.miniaturemarket.com/agswgf106a.html

Quote Originally Posted by Deroche View Post
    Seems to be because of the size and associated production costs. For example, if we look at Miniature Market's pricing on the new wave of scouts, you'll see that they fall in line with what you'd expect:

For example, the Halberstadt D.III -> http://www.miniaturemarket.com/agswgf106a.html

Ah, thanks. I didn't even see the fighters on MM. They are listed if you use the dropdown and go to Wings of War, you have to actually search for Wings of Glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Six Gothas landed 6 minutes ago
    Karl
    Got my bombers today as well.

Unhappy

Still no word from Milsims. Phoned them on Wednesday & they were still waiting for delivery from Ares.

I rang Milsims today about preorders for the Series 5 aircraft and rules box, but they don't know when they will appear on the website or how much they will be. Happy for me to email and commit to an order thought :/

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post
    Still waiting for the package from 12-7
    Same here.

My two Gothas landed with me in Sweden the day before yesterday They are truly great, I cannot wait to play bomber scenario now.

Guys, sorry I have to vent a little. You still cannot get the Gothas and Capronis in Germany. You can get them in the US, in the UK, in France... Does anybody know what on earth is taking them so long? I've got a preorder going and would like to support shops in Germany that stock WoG, but this is getting tough.

Gotha or Caproni - what was your first aerial victory vs. the new Ares Games bombers? (8 Votes)

And this poll keeps mocking me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinweasel View Post
    Guys, sorry I have to vent a little. You still cannot get the Gothas and Capronis in Germany. You can get them in the US, in the UK, in France... Does anybody know what on earth is taking them so long? I've got a preorder going and would like to support shops in Germany that stock WoG, but this is getting tough.
    How much is the preorder in Germany? Because in Poland you can get the bombers for 10 EUR. Ask Andrzej (Nightbomber).

Thanks a lot for the response; that is of course less than half the price in Germany. My post was really about the reason why Germany is so late in this matter. Does anybody have any idea?

I just checked the Polish shop and they more than tripled their prices for bombers.

Oops - I've preordered them for 26,70 Euro each (free shipping). Should be cheaper after all...