Ares Games

Thread: Avorio Prassone AP info?

Default Avorio Prassone AP info?

Yep, another obsession emerges from the clouds, I read the threads of the past, but does anyone have the specs on the Avorio Prassone AP balloon card we have in our sets?-mostly a length and any rigging info would be great.

Clipper dealing with inflation . . . or is that infatuation?

I've this nice italian book:

Giuseppe Magrin - I palloni della Guerra Storia ed evoluzione dei mezzi di volo dalla Grande Guerra al 1930 - Gaspari

where I seem to remember there are info about Avorio-Prassione AP. I'll look this evening if there's a specs table (there are some technical drawings, I hope to find that table).

Attilio

From that book

Volume (cubic meters) 960 1130 1400
    Diameter (meters) 10,72 11,46 12,17
    Lenght (meters) 20,92 22,42 23,81
    max wind (meters/s) 20-25

Look at this link for a short english article: http://www.flightglobal.com/FlightPD...20-%201207.PDF
    and this: http://books.google.it/books?id=7pS1...assone&f=false

Thanks so very much! This is all I need to build them! And that page from Flight magazine! My favorite! I hear the library in heaven has the complete set in perfect condition! I used to save dimes to go to the Boeing Library and copy pages from them, awesome! Thanks again!
    Clipper climbing

that's it clipper is locking himself in his rubber room again remember everyone DO NOT GIVE HIM SCISSORS!!!!!! all in good fun dave have a trip i hope to see pictures

Exclamation

Hi Clipper!
    I know this is not a Prassoni but maybe this rigging chart might help you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rigging Diagram.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	144.5 KB 
ID:	42550

Clipper, did you ever get around to building this one? And if so, what does it look like next to the other drachens?

In case anyone else is thinking of building their own...

Here are the documents I used when modeling an Avorio-Prassone balloon for Shapeways. A nice set of guides if I do say so myself, and now safely out of copyright. It looks like there were at least five sizes available. If I remember, it was considered more advanced than the Parseval-Siegfeld (Sausage) or Caquot balloons, which is why the basic shape lived on into WWII.

Name:	Avorio_Prassone_1.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	193.5 KB 
ID:	235747

Name:	Avorio_Prassone_2.jpg 
Size:	211.1 KB 
ID:	235748

Name:	Avorio_Prassone_Italy.jpg 
Size:	161.4 KB 
ID:	235749
    Last edited by ReducedAirFact; 10-23-2017 at 22:39. Reason: Add prefix to thread necromancy