Ares Games
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Next missions

Default Next missions

I think we are all grateful that Quim prepares missions for us. His creativity goes far beyond my own level of imagination. I enjoyed every one of them very much (that can not be said by my wounded PC's). And above all it's a very comfortable situation for us!
    But what do you think about letting everyone creating a mission at least once? I have some ideas and maybe each of us would try to make his own project for future assignments?

That is an awesome idea.
    Everyone would create a mission (if they wanted of course) by alphabetic order (as I have already created 4, I would create the next one after everybody have created one.
    What do you think?

I'm in. But what first letters count? Names or Nicknames?

What about our equipment?

I know that Nightbomber, Rob and I have all the WoW stuff. I don't know about the equipment of Flash, Tikkifriend and Joaquim.

Trenches, bombs, targets are usefull for strafing or bombing missions.

Baloons would be fine, even from the Burning Drachens Expansion, because our planes fly only in two dimensions.

Remembering the nice town of St. Caronne, it won't be a problem for our graphic artist to desing a baloon for a mission.

Important issue, Sven.Those items mentioned by you would be exciting elements of next missions: ground fire rules (mg, trenches, archie) and balloons.Would be good to know who of us can handle these rules.I own all the stuff from all WoW boxes, so no problem for me, but what about the others? Please list your equipment and rules (items), here chaps.

Hey, Andrzej!

Found this stuff (targets, bombs, baloons) in the file section:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...p?do=cat&id=19

The complete rules are online, too. We could show the needed items in our briefing.

That's great, Sven
    Our friends shouldn't be worried about the additional stuff, then!

What I don't have, I'll create, don't worry about me.

I think that we could issue a order of Mission creation if everybody agrees with it. I'll post the list and if someone prefers not to create a mission he just needs to say so. If someone wants to go down or up the list, I think that we can also accommodate those changes Here it goes:

Andrzej
    Dave
    Jan
    Paul
    Rob
    Sven
    Joaquim

Quote Originally Posted by Blackronin View Post
    I think that we could issue a order of Mission creation if everybody agrees with it. I'll post the list and if someone prefers not to create a mission he just needs to say so. If someone wants to go down or up the list, I think that we can also accommodate those changes Here it goes:

Andrzej
    Dave
    Jan
    Paul
    Rob
    Sven
    Joaquim
    It looks like I am going to have to add more mission columns to the squadron rosters.

The idea sounds great, I will start thinking so by the time its my go I will have an idea
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    OK, I may be the first in the line.
    Anything, but it's time to fight the Kaiser's Eagles/Bulldogs again...

You will have the opportunity, Sven
    So chaps, the deadline for the next 5th mission AARs which I'm about to post not later than Sunday 22nd, will be Next Sunday, 29th or the NEXT Sunday, is that OK with you?
    Frankly, due to our long weekend (April 28th - May 5th) in Poland I'd rather opt for the 6th of May. What about you?

I guess that you can upload it and the deadline can be 29. If someone needs more time he just have to shout.

OK. Is everybody ready to use some new sets of rules, like:
    1. balloons and how to handle them,
    2. ground fire of different kinds?
    Report please

I'm okay with new rules. Post away, Andrzej!

I will be able to do this one if you can get the scenario out by Thursday ie 19th. I have to run mine on a Friday morning when my good lady is out at her embroidery meeting, and to download photos and write my AAR can not be done until the Sunday/ Monday after. If it could be the earlier the better.
    Im O.K. with balloons and ground fire.
    Rob.

No problem here, I have a balloon and enough ack-ack cards to shoot down the sky itself.

I don't have a balloon busters set but I do have a card from BD & a Nieuport 16 from Herr Oberst so can use that - never bought the BB set; I was put off having played a couple of games with a friends set in the first of which I overflew the guns & downed the gasbag by about turn 3 ! The second game wasn't much better to be frank & I was so disappointed I never bothered buying the set. Happy to give it a crack though - Maybe I should have AI Huns and play the Archie ?!

Don't bring the rockets then, try to down the balloon only with machine guns and set the AA guns so that they really cover the balloon and the most probable approach paths to it.

So chaps, the deadline for the next 5th mission AARs which I'm about to post not later than Sunday 22nd, will be Next Sunday, 29th or the NEXT Sunday, is that OK with you?
    Frankly, due to our long weekend (April 28th - May 5th) in Poland I'd rather opt for the 6th of May. What about you?
    Post it on Sunday 22nd and give us time till May 6th, please.

There is enough to do - the last mission VI AAR, voting, roster work, determine inuries...

We need time to prepare the material, baloons, rules, etc...

We're not in a hurry and Dave should have enough time to prepare a new mission till May 6th, too.
    Last edited by Marechallannes; 04-17-2012 at 23:10.

OK. Is everybody ready to use some new sets of rules, like:
    1. balloons and how to handle them,
    2. ground fire of different kinds?
    Report please
    Got no balloons or damage cards for busting missions This could call for an actual balloon as a model Like Dave never got round to enjoying the missions but am willing to give them a go
    A dealine of 6th may would be good for me too, Lots of jour feriers hear in france at the begining of the month
    Paul

Paul, you can find the baloons here:

The rules are in the file section.

You need the special "D" damage deck only for rockets. But you don't need it if you use incendiary ammo. Check the Burning Drachens rule in the file section.

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Paul, you can find the baloons here:

The rules are in the file section.

You need the special "D" damage deck only for rockets. But you don't need it if you use incendiary ammo. Check the Burning Drachens rule in the file section.
    Thanks Sven I suspected that there might be a Led Zeppelin around somewhere.!!!!!!

Paul

OK, guys: You will need:1. Balloon busters rules,2. ground machine gun and trench fire cards and rules.NO ROCKETS, NO ARTILLERY.Hope to get evertything done for posting tonight.

Post it on Sunday 22nd and give us time till May 6th, please.

There is enough to do - the last mission VI AAR, voting, roster work, determine inuries...

We need time to prepare the material, baloons, rules, etc...

We're not in a hurry and Dave should have enough time to prepare a new mission till May 6th, too.
    I am away at a wedding in N.I for most of next week so you won't hear much from me, and I may have to miss mission 5, or submit it late but I should have sobered up in time for May 6th ! I will see what I can create this weekend so I'm ahead of the game.

All right, the mission 5th will be extended till May 6th (my birthday).
    We are not in a hurry, chaps. Some of us need time to organize things like new cards and get familiar with some new rules.

Great Andrzej. that takes all the pressure off then.
    Thanks, Rob.

I am slowly working on "my" mission 7 and I would like to ask whether anyone would have any trouble getting this printed twice?

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...do=file&id=417

Ouch! Do not have it, but there will be no problem printing it out. If there are any special rules for handling such targets, post them, Jan, please

I may well already have it as I did most of those when they came out.
    No problems with it at all if not.
    Rob.

Andrzej, I am still working on the rules to use them in my scenario. This is the closest to what I need there.

Like the look of this one , got the printer warmed up
    Paul

No problem here, Jan.
    And I must tell you how happy I am that you are creating these new missions with such enthusiasm. This campaign wouldn't be so nice if it wasn't for you all.

...by the way.

Balloon Challenge is a fine mission, but it was the third mission in a row with only one own plane, too.

Dave, if you can hear me: We need a good old something with 2 vs. 2, 2 vs. 3 or 3 vs. 3!

I was affraid there would be too much to take care of (balloon, ground fire - new rules); otherwise it would be quite easy to get 2 attackers against 2 defenders

Well don't worry chaps because when it comes to my mission you wil have plenty going on plane wise and a few tactical conundrums to tax you as well.
    Rob.

I was affraid there would be too much to take care of (balloon, ground fire - new rules); otherwise it would be quite easy to get 2 attackers against 2 defenders
    Don't worry, Andrzej!

The Balloon Challenge was real fun (look at my recon photo and the additional story elements). But when I checked the Bulldogs/Eagles roster, I saw too much active pilots.

Sounds strange, I know.

Our Squadrons are fully operational at the moment. Time to fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Well don't worry chaps because when it comes to my mission you wil have plenty going on plane wise and a few tactical conundrums to tax you as well.
    Sounds good, Rob.

But we have to wait three missions for the big MAJOR KYTE MEMORIAL SLAUGHTER.

Soooo, what's up with mission 6?

Dave is the next in line, but mission 5 deadline is the 6th of May, so we'll have to wait.

Don't worry, Andrzej!

The Balloon Challenge was real fun (look at my recon photo and the additional story elements). But when I checked the Bulldogs/Eagles roster, I saw too much active pilots.
    If you look again now you will find even more of us. That is about the correct ratio of Allies to Central Powers for late 1917.
    Just wait until the Yanks start arriving at the front!
    Kyte.

...by the way. Balloon Challenge is a fine mission, but it was the third mission in a row with only one own plane, too.
    Dave, if you can hear me: We need a good old something with 2 vs. 2, 2 vs. 3 or 3 vs. 3!
    Careful what you wish for Sven !!
    As it happens.....

Quote Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
    Soooo, what's up with mission 6?
    What's up with mission 7, Doc?

Hope it doesn't require too many scout pilots !

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Hope it doesn't require too many scout pilots !
    There are so many possibilities in designing new missions... It may involve less planes but special objects, etc. I'm sure Jan (the next one designer) is ready with his project. Although he wrote he is facing some exams or study now. We can as well change the course of designing missions to let Jan get some breath. No pressure. Fun is what we pursue

What is the deadline for mission 6 anyway?

I have the mission 7 almost ready, but I am awfully busy with my exams and my work (nobody is going to do my work when I am away learning for my exams), therefore I am not sure if I can create a graphical briefing.

Each of us is going to need one scout and one two-seater, two enemy scouts as opponents, and two cards/models representing enemy armoured cars (there is one such card in the files section of the Aerodrome).

Quote Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
    What is the deadline for mission 6 anyway?

I have the mission 7 almost ready, but I am awfully busy with my exams and my work (nobody is going to do my work when I am away learning for my exams), therefore I am not sure if I can create a graphical briefing.

Each of us is going to need one scout and one two-seater, two enemy scouts as opponents, and two cards/models representing enemy armoured cars (there is one such card in the files section of the Aerodrome).
    1. Deadline is set to 20th of May.
    2. Easy, Jan, no problem with the additional cards. We will print them, I hope.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast