Ares Games

Thread: Cross & Cockade, Issue 43

Default Cross & Cockade, Issue 43

I am not sure where to post this:

The Cross & Cockade, Issue 43 (the lastest), seems to be very interesting: http://www.crossandcockade.com/index.asp

Especially this article by a famous Czech historian Jiří Rajlich: http://www.crossandcockade.com/uploa...tinational.pdf

Does anyone know whether it is possible to order only one specific issue, or would I have to buy all four for this year?

As far as I know you can buy single back issues, but contact them to be sure

Yes, you can order individual issues.

I am a member of both, The First World War Aviation Historical Society, (Cross & Cockade Magazine) and The League of World War One Aviation Historians (Over the Front Magazine). Both are exceptional magazines, but I tend to enjoy Cross and Cockade a little more than Over the Front.

Looks like those guys beat me to it.

Got Cross and Cockade...Always wondered about over the front...Is it similar?

Jan if you like I can try to scan the article about the Czech pilots an mail them to you...
    Last edited by Bluedevil; 04-08-2012 at 13:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedevil View Post
    Got Cross and Cockade...Always wondeered about over the front...Is it similar?

Jan if you like I can try to scan the article about the Czech pilots an mail them to you...
    That would be very nice of you. I can't wait to read the whole article.

However, I am still going to buy it if I can find a way to buy a single issue, since the online shop does not allow me to do it.

Jan, just give me some time: I'll let you know when everything is scanned !

Sure. I will then PM you my e-mail. Thanks a lot.

Ok Jan! The scan is finished ( I've put it in PDF-format...It 'll be easier to send )

Alex

Ok Jan! The scan is finished ( I've put it in PDF-format...It 'll be easier to send )

Alex
    PM sent. Thank you very much.

Files send... Hope they arrived ok ...they are rather substantial

Just got a message that the files were to big for your mailbox...Could you empty your mailbox? The article is 19MB... If that is still too big I will have to compress it one way or an other ( maybe a zipfile? )
    Last edited by Bluedevil; 04-10-2012 at 11:55.

LOL, 19MB is going to be to big for any mailbox!

Just got a message that the files were to big for your mailbox...Could you empty your mailbox? The article is 19MB... If that is still too big I will have to compress in one way or an other ( maybe a zipfile? )
    My mailbox shows 1.9 GB free out of 2 GB available.

Nice article. really interesting.

From one of my sources about Austro-Hungarian Military Aviation:

Flik3 was assigned to 10th Army in South Tyrol from Galizia (where D, perhaps) in March (or June or also mentioned in January) 1918. It was based at Gardolo and then Romagnano. It was re-designated as J in April 1918.

Plane used: Albatros D.III Series 153 and 253, Aviatik D.I (?)
    Last edited by Attila57; 04-09-2012 at 10:59.

Jan, I am going to split the article up in 3 parts...Most likely I'll have to repeat the scan so it may take sometime.. Sorry about this...:embarass:

I'll get it to you eventually

Quote Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
    My mailbox shows 1.9 GB free out of 2 GB available.
    I'm sure that is referring to how much data you can store. Most email providers limit the size of attachments sent to or from an account to 2MB (some go up to 5MB, but not many). This is because large attachments "clog" up the system and slows the mail server down. If enough large attachments are sent to that server, it can actually crash it.

I think that may have been the problem... I made a PDf because I knew it was going to be a big file but apparently it was still oversized...
    Anyway it looks like the file went through as 1 zip... Jan could you confirm that you've received everything?

I think that may have been the problem... I made a PDf because I knew it was going to be a big file but apparently it was still oversized...
    Anyway it looks like the file went through as 1 zip... Jan could you confirm that you've received everything?
    I am afraid it did not get through.

Ok Jan...that means I 'l have to scan the whole lot again and mail it to you in small packages. I won't be able to do it today as its my daughters birthday and Mrs Bluedevil and I are going to take her for a trip to Bruges.

I have an other day off tomorrow and I'll do it then... like I said...eventually...

Thank you for the effort, Alex, I really appreciate it.