Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Site issues, To Do List

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    The emoticons also only allow me to post one before dropping out even on advanced.
    Rob.
    This from my earlier post in answer to Barrys remark about "The smilies"Keith. I don't care too much, but it may need adjusting for the others.
    Rob.

That part is working as intended... no adjustments will be made

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Cleared the Cache Keith. It works fine now, but emoticons still the same.
    Rob.
    A little help for the ignorant....what does this mean/refer to? How to you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Chris, you are saying if you are viewing a thread and then click on the Home tab at the top left, you get a 404 error?

Yes Keith, but it is working fine today.

Chis, it would depend on what browser you are using, so just Google your browser's name and "clear cache". That little trick comes in handy on the net from time to time But as you said, I think we have the Home Tab problem sorted out.

Ok, bad new for anyone with images missing. We have restored everything we had in the back. It appears that some of them came back, but not all. I know it's a lot of work, but please try to re add the images insert them into the threads/posts/articles again. Thanks for your time and patients with this.

This was what I was afraid of. Well, during the next weeks I'll be uploading the images that I lost...

Thanks Joaquim. Yesterday I had to start the process of completely rebuilding the AA site from scratch That is a huge job with lots of issues to work and sort out along the way

It is. I hope you can do it smoothly.

Just tried to reload missing pictures for one of my albums. The download says it has Done, but no picture materialized in the window of the uploader. It is fine for any picture that has not previously been submitted.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1284.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	39202
    However as you can see, I can get them directly into a document.

Rob.

I had the same problem Rob. The only way to upload them again was to open them with another program, re-save them, rename them and then upload them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackronin View Post
    I had the same problem Rob. The only way to upload them again was to open them with another program, re-save them, rename them and then upload them again.
    Yes, I think that is what is going to have to be done unfortunately. I use a renaming tool that might work with out you having to actually open each one. It's free and very helpful (I use it to rename all the processed Medal images). It is also free

ReNamer

Aerodrome Accessories is now functional. The looks are still messed up, so don't worry about that for now. I'll get that worked out next week (have to wait for the new style files ) I'm still re-entering all of the products, but the Flight Stands are all there.

You will have to create a new account, all of that info was lost

Thanks chaps. I only wish I had looked back here before trying out several abortive methods of renaming the pictures.
    I finally found that I could do it by just running the files through Photoshop. Quick and effective. I will now just delete each file one at a time and reload over the next few weeks. This of course will not solve the problem of all the How To threads. How shall we tackle them Keith?
    Rob.

Rob, you should be able to edit those as if they were normal threads... can you not?

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Rob, you should be able to edit those as if they were normal threads... can you not?
    I may not have explained myself very well Keith. I can revise the original post O.K. but need to get your Home Page HOW TO updated as well. If I send you the information as I complete each one thus:- http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...kker-EV-D-VIII
    Will that be of any use to you and allow you to delete the compromised thread and redo it?
    Rob.

Yes Rob, that worked just fine. So, just update your threads and shoot me a link and I'll "refresh" the How To articles. Thanks.

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

What happened to our rank designations?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    What happened to our rank designations?
    We are doing some moving around in that department right now. They'll be back in just a few minutes.

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Oh, cool, I thought I was demoted...again! Thanks for your hard work in the maintaining of this site, much appreciated and enjoyed.

Not only that Daniel he is not registered yet so I don't know how this post is showing up. Watch this space!
    Thanks Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Future Pilot View Post
    Actually, I thought resurrecting this thread might have been useful, at first sight. The problems in the original post don't appear to be valid, this time, though.

Should we track ongoing issues for this instance?
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Will we be able to upload more than 5 photos at a time for our AARs like in the good old days last decade?

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Will we be able to upload more than 5 photos at a time for our AARs like in the good old days last decade?
    I uploaded 12 in one go yesterday!

Curiously, only the first three showed up during the process, but I continued adding more, and after 8 or so they suddenly ALL showed up in the upload bar!

They still appear in reverse order in my Album, though.....
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12