Ares Games
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Site issues, To Do List

Default Site issues, To Do List

I will be using this thread to track what all I still need to fix on the site after the hack rebuild.

Please only post in this thread to bring to my attention an issue that you have found.

Please read this thread in it's entirety before posting an issue that you have found. Posting duplicate issues that have already been mentioned by someone else in this thread will only create more work for me.

Whenever possible, please include a screenshot of the problem so I can see exactly what you are talking about. Here is a link to show you How To Take A Screenshot.

Wings of Glory Aerodrome Current issues

• Aerodrome Accessories site is still offline
    • Ad Banners do not show on all pages.
    • Some old attachments (images etc.) are missing. A solution is being looked into, stand by for more details.

Aerodrome Accessories Current issues
    • Site appearance needs to be fix
    • Some Products need to be added still

Missing Images

If you have missing images from any of your older posts (from before the hack rebuild), you will need to edit your post and either re-attach the image or verify that the link to the image is still correct.

ObH,
    The template for submitting a Book Review isn't loading. From the Book Reviews page, selecting Post New Thread brings up a 'standard' comments box.
    BofB

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick62 View Post
    ObH,
    The template for submitting a Book Review isn't loading. From the Book Reviews page, selecting Post New Thread brings up a 'standard' comments box.
    BofB
    Oh yeah, I saw that but forgot to list it. Thanks for the reminder.

Getting a 'confirm navigation' puw each time I post with options to leave or stay on page:
    Was gonna get a screen shot but didn't do it on this page !

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Getting a 'confirm navigation' puw each time I post with options to leave or stay on page:
    Was gonna get a screen shot but didn't do it on this page !
    Okay, I'm not the only one seeing that then. It looks like there is a fix for it out there. Until I can get it sorted, just click on Leave page. It will post the reply and reload the page.

No probs Keith, it works fine, just a niggle for the pile !!

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Missing Images

If you have missing images from any of your older posts (from before the hack rebuild), you will need to edit your post and either re-attach the image or verify that the link to the image is still correct.
    Does this mean our missing album pictures will not be recovered, or is that a separate issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudotheist View Post
    Does this mean our missing album pictures will not be recovered, or is that a separate issue?
    The database for the site was restored back to March 23rd (before any of the signs of the site being hacked). If your photos/albums were added after that date, they will have to be uploaded again. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Two things:

My images, prior to March 23 aren't there. They don't open. More strange even, I deleted some photos that I had in an album and I created another album and uploaded again these photos from my computer with some new ones. The new ones uploaded fine, but the ones I had already uploaded previously, deleted and uploaded again to a different album, appeared as blank photos. So I deleted them from my computer, scanned them again and uploaded again and they appeared.

And most my albums have the images, but they don't appear. What should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackronin View Post
    Two things:

My images, prior to March 23 aren't there. They don't open. More strange even, I deleted some photos that I had in an album and I created another album and uploaded again these photos from my computer with some new ones. The new ones uploaded fine, but the ones I had already uploaded previously, deleted and uploaded again to a different album, appeared as blank photos. So I deleted them from my computer, scanned them again and uploaded again and they appeared.

And most my albums have the images, but they don't appear. What should I do?
    Try saving the images with new names and uploading them again. Does everything look okay during the upload process, and they only appear blank once you go to the final album page? Can you link me to the album with the issue?

I've fixed the notifications dropdown box size.

This is the album:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/album.php?albumid=1152

1. I deleted the previous photos of this album.
    2. I uploaded it again. They stayed blank.
    3. I changed the name of these photos and tried to upload them again and they failed to upload.

I have the same problem as Joaquim. I must have lost about 700 photos. Also the ones in my "How To" on the Home page have been decimated too.
    Rob.

Rob, you are not able to upload new photos either?

I'll need to know what browser and version of it you guys are using.

Rob, you are not able to upload new photos either?

I'll need to know what browser and version of it you guys are using.
    New photos are fine. It is just some of the older ones are now blank frames.
    Rob.

Okay, it appears that those photos, which the site classifies as attachments, are no longer in the database and are actually missing from the file folders containing all the forum's attachments (we have over 25,000 attachments if anyone is wondering!).

I've asked to see if they can restore just the attachment folders back to what they were on 20 March. Hopefully this will fix all the old missing ones. It might cause the ones added since then to go missing, but those should be easier people to re-upload then all the old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackronin View Post
    This is the album:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/album.php?albumid=1152

1. I deleted the previous photos of this album.
    2. I uploaded it again. They stayed blank.
    3. I changed the name of these photos and tried to upload them again and they failed to upload.
    Can you email me one or two of the photos so that I can try it from my end? colhajj@wingsofwar.org

Accesto the Shop. I can´t enter the shop.

I've sent you the photos, Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by jhary View Post
    Accesto the Shop. I can´t enter the shop.
    Keith has not had time to look at that yet Hershall. we are all in the same boat at the moment.
    Rob.

Yes, the AA site is not re-opened yet. Sorry, should have listed that on the first post.

Good to knew.
    Second Problem 2 hours after posting my Post/Tread is vanished. Was in the german wing.

Fixed the "What's New" and other missing menu items.

File system is now working again.

Breadcrumb text has been fixed.

Edit user link in postbit added back in.

The only thing I note, and it's a small thing, is that the post quick reply doesn't; that is, it goes through the redirect process (as per the adavnced posting). Not a big deal, but since I like to navigate with the backing button, this means I need to hit it 2-3 times, fast, to get back to the search list (I like using the "what's new" function).
    Is this an error, or a new characteristic of the improved forum?
    Karl

A new tread

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    The only thing I note, and it's a small thing, is that the post quick reply doesn't; that is, it goes through the redirect process (as per the adavnced posting). Not a big deal, but since I like to navigate with the backing button, this means I need to hit it 2-3 times, fast, to get back to the search list (I like using the "what's new" function).
    Is this an error, or a new characteristic of the improved forum?
    Karl
    Karl, it's working as should be.

Quote Originally Posted by jhary View Post
    A new tread
    I'm not sure and tracking down an issue with a thread that in no longer there is pretty much impossible. I can only say to make the thread again and link me to it. Then I can watch it to see if anything weird is going on.

After posting a Quick Reply the 'Back' button does not work. You have to click on Forums at the top of the page to return to the Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    After posting a Quick Reply the 'Back' button does not work. You have to click on Forums at the top of the page to return to the Forums.
    That is correct; however, before the invasion and repair of the last week, it was not so.
    This seems to be the new condition.
    On the other hand, we now have the auto save funtion the Sails of Glory site has.
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    That is correct; however, before the invasion and repair of the last week, it was not so.
    This seems to be the new condition.
    On the other hand, we now have the auto save funtion the Sails of Glory site has.
    Karl
    What does the auto save button actually do Karl?
    Rob.

Rob, the Auto Save function saves your post as you type it (automatically). It does this periodically as you type. You may notice the little yellow pop up in the lower right as you type. After an auto save, if you leave the page for any reason, or even close your browser window, all you have to do is come back to the thread and look for the "Restore Auto-Saved Content" button at the bottom left of the reply box.

Very helpful when you have spent a while making a long post only to loose the window some how.

Thanks Chief.
    That will be of inestimable value.
    Rob.

Thumbs up

Yes thats a great feature. Well done!

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but I get a 404 error when I navigate from a thread to the Home tab. The home page loads fine when you log in but you can't get back to it. It happened both at work and home.

Chris, you are saying if you are viewing a thread and then click on the Home tab at the top left, you get a 404 error?

Chris, you are saying if you are viewing a thread and then click on the Home tab at the top left, you get a 404 error?
    Same problem for me today

Question

Hi Keith! When I went to visit this morning I got that same 404 error from my bookmarked link.
    I had to Google & then access from there & copy a new link into my favourites.
    Col had the same problem.
    There is also some issues with the smilies as they dont work in all the sections & drop out as soon as you click on one to add. Usually the Box stays up & you can add multiples.

Not sure about the 404 error, as I've not gotten one since I brought the site back up. It is possible it is cashed in your browser. Try clearing that and see what happens.

What section do the smiles not work in? As for the pop up window closing after you have selected one, that is how it works on the Quick Reply now. If you go Advanced, you can click on the more under the smilies on the right and that window will stay open and allow you to click on as many as you like before you close it.

I am also getting a message saying The webpage cannot be found when I go to home from this thread Keith. The emoticons also only allow me to post one before dropping out even on advanced.
    Rob.

Please cut and paste the URL address on the page that gives you the 404. Also, have you tried clearing your cache?

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    I am also getting a message saying The webpage cannot be found when I go to home from this thread Keith. The emoticons also only allow me to post one before dropping out even on advanced.
    Rob.
    The same error here.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/www...rg/content.php

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    yep! That's exactly what I'm getting Andrzej.
    Rob.

Cleared the Cache Keith. It works fine now, but emoticons still the same.
    Rob.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast