Ares Games

Thread: Front Gun on Two Seaters

Default Front Gun on Two Seaters

I have just read an interesting memoir in Joshua Levine's "On a Wing and a Prayer."

One pilot states that on receiving the Bristol Fighter for the first time it was handicapped because the pilots, himself included, followed the normal procedure with two seaters in that he tried to put the aircraft in a good shooting position for the observer while not using his own forward facing gun at all.

As we all know this changed and once the aircraft was flown more like a normal scout, albeit one with two people in it. But it does inadvertently give us an idea of normal practice with a two-seater, which was to concentrate on getting a good shot for the observer while the pilot's weapon is at best a second thought.

I wonder what a good house rule to simulate this might look like and how it'd affect the use of the maneuver decks!

I'd think simply narrowing the front firing arc would simulate it nicely, if you feel the need to make a modification.

I was thinking possibly only allowing close range from the front arc to reflect the necessity of use and then only allowing 1 damage card.

Similar Missions

1. How to deal with two-seaters?
    By Oberst Hajj in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 03-19-2015, 02:13
  2. Multiplayer: Somewhere over the Russian Front
    By krolik in forum WGS: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-25-2009, 01:10
  3. Anti-Aircraft gun miniatures?
    By Major B. Powers in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 12