Ares Games

Thread: Peter Jackson's CGI of WWI Air Combat

Default Peter Jackson's CGI of WWI Air Combat

Similar techniques to the "Lord of the Rings" were used in making this presentation by the Australian War Memorial. Rather better than most WWI Dogfight films, and not well known. I hope you enjoy it.

Thanks Zoe, I saw it last year when my mates and I made the pilgrimage to the AWM. Fantastic film!

Zoe, nothing shows up for me. I can see that you put a video link in your post if I go to Edit it, but just viewing it does not show the vid or the link. Not sure what the issue is.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Zoe, nothing shows up for me. I can see that you put a video link in your post if I go to Edit it, but just viewing it does not show the vid or the link. Not sure what the issue is.
    No idea - the URL is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_m1M7vAz60. Works for me...

Very moving film Zoe. The sequences were what one would expect from Jackson.
    Now how to get him interested in doing a feature film of that ilk?
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Thanks for posting that! I heard about it a couple of years ago, but have never seen the whole film until now.

One could wish that it would be available for purchase or download (other than youtube), but one can't have everything.

Thumbs up

Thanks Zoe that was great!
    I must get back up to Canberra to visit the Museum again.
    I loved the whole presentation & especially the Engine sounds.

Nice! My understanding is while he is very keen to do a WWI aviation film like his proposed Dambusters project, he is not so keen as to want to throw $100m of his own at it the way George Lucas is.

Very good clip and well presented, thanks for sharing Zoe. I am going to have to get down to Canberra and go to the AWM (its on my bucket list)

It's a great show, I too call on him to make a feature film!

Dave

Awesome when do we get a movie? Thanks Zoe for the post.

Thanks for posting Zoe - a great video. With a kill ratio like the Australian RE8's, maybe we shouldn't complain about how effective 2-seaters are in WoG?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Alexandre
    Sorties Flown

thanks for sharing! I searched for a better version of this film and came across this, also from peter jackson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpTHFVBlm_A
    Not the same thing but there's a wwi plane dogfight
    Last edited by Odin_Knight; 04-03-2012 at 07:28.