Thread: Wings of Glory next Series after Series 6

Default Wings of Glory next Series after Series 6

As WGS has this thread:
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...28IV%29-Planes

Followed by this poll:
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...lanes-the-poll

And Andrea specifically asked about the very same thing for WGF:
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...l=1#post132142

I start this thread for you to post pictures of you suggested planes for "Series 7" planes. Single-Seater, Two-Seater, Multi-Engines bombers, etc are all allowed. Name it, post a picture and a reason why this particular aircraft should be done next after "Series 6" (as this already would be Sopwith Triplane, Aviatik D.1, Hanriot HD.1, Siemens-Schuckert D.III.).

Importand!: Only ONE aircraft per posting!

The real standout plane that we're missing from the game:

SPAD VII

I don't have a picture on hand but the Sopwith Pup is another obvious choice.

Pooh

For fighters, it seems like most of the 'majors' left (beyond those Andrea has said are on the drawing board) are allied planes. Sopwith Pup & Dolphin. Nieuport 11 & SPAD VII. For the Germans, I guess there are the Pfalz DXII & Roland.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post

An important "bridge" aircraft, between the first generation planes and the more advanced ones featured in Famous Aces and beyond.
    Still no official maneuver deck, but I believe the unofficial stats put it at a D deck.
    If there are any famous aces particularly associated with the plane, I'm not aware of them, though James McCudden spoke highly of it.

Edit - some paint schemes:

Last edited by Pseudotheist; 03-18-2012 at 15:35.

Wasn't the tripe just a pup with a third wing added?

I agree the SPAD VII has to be in the next round. As for the Central Powers:

Albatros D.II

D.IIs formed part of the initial equipment of Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 2, the first specialized fighter squadron in the German air service. Famous pilots included Hptm. Oswald Boelcke (Jasta 2's first commander) and Manfred von Richthofen. With its high speed and heavy armament, the D.II won back air superiority from Allied fighter types such as the Airco DH.2 and Nieuport 11.

Albatros built 200 D.II aircraft. LVG (Luft-Verkehrs-Geselleschaft) produced another 75 under license. Service numbers peaked in January 1917, when 214 machines were in service. The D.II operated well into 1917. As late as 30 June 1917, 72 aircraft were in the frontline inventory, and even in November 11 D.IIs and 9 D.Is were still in service, alongside the by now far more numerous D.IIIs and D.Vs.[2]

Oeffag (Oesterreichische Flugzeugfabrik AG) also built the D.II under license, as the Oeffag Va.53, for the Luftfahrtruppen. The Austrian machines used a 138 kW (185 hp) Austro-Daimler engine, and were fitted with a Teves und Braun-style wing mounted radiator. Oeffag produced only 16 examples before production shifted to the Albatros D.III.
    Similar to the other Albatros aircraft we have (which are already similar), I still feel it was a major stepping stone on the Central side to the later generation of planes. It is also were a lot of the top aces got their start in fighters.

It would also be nice to start filling in some of the holes in the year to year coverage

For a dual fighter/2 seater option, you can't go wrong with the Bristol F2B.

More flexible, aggressive tactics soon proved that the new Bristol was by no means as ineffective in air-to-air combat as its first encounter with the enemy seemed to indicate. In fact it was eventually realised that the type was fast and manoeuvrable enough to be flown in combat more or less like a single-seat fighter; the pilot's fixed forward-firing gun served as the principal weapon, with the observer's flexible gun serving mainly as an additional "sting in the tail". Flown in this manner the Bristol Fighter was a formidable opponent for any German single-seater.

How about this?
    Fokker D.I

And this?
    Fokker D.II

Both fill an important gab until the Albatros shows up.

A dedicated ground attack aircraft would also be nice.
    Halberstadt CL.II

What about the Hannover two-seater, the Junkers single and two-seaters, the Fe2b, Be2c, Pomilio and some floatplanes?

Please read the fist posting:
    Only one aircraft per posting and with picture please as not everyone is a walking WWI encyclopaedia

Kaiser I really enjoy this topic. I'm a stat and number guy. So my pick would be the Spad VII the most produced aircraft not yet made. It was use by the French, British, Italians and Americans during the war.

Can I just vote for Series 7 as it was originally planned by AA under Nexus as a single block, whatever they had planned?

Why: Since it was never released it's a new product, but there's a major jumpshot on the R&D cost and effort, which will get it to market faster. As that annoying (but still kinda cute for an airhead) twit on Fairly Legal always like to say, "Win-win!" LOL

If they made it to the R&D step... they might have just been at the "let's do these" step.

That also was based on cards leading and paving the way for minis, too. Back before the Dark Times, there was a lot of discussion in this thread:
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...+vii#post46058
    where I showed my work to extrapolate, based on what had come out from Nexus and Andrea in both leaks/press and cards, what might be logical choices for Series 6 and 7, and how another booster pack could give the card-decks and single- and two-seat aircraft needed to balance an additional Sets 8 and 9 using existing cards.

However, now that the minis are driving the bus without having the card crew paving the way in research and playtesting, All Bets Are Off...

Looking at the maneuver decks, the only ones not yet available with Miniatures are the S (previously mentioned Brisfit), and the E, for the Nieuport 11:

I'm pretty sure just about everyone used it.
    Last edited by Pseudotheist; 03-20-2012 at 14:51.

Carlos von C

Is that a Romanian Fighter? And is the Red star a Bolshevik scout or a Turkish bird? Cuz that would be awesome. A Bulgarian plane woud be interesting too (don't quote me on this, but I believe they have the same markings as the Germans).

Carlos von C

How about one of these bad boys - potential for German and Turkish delights!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos von C View Post
    Is that a Romanian Fighter? And is the Red star a Bolshevik scout or a Turkish bird? Cuz that would be awesome. A Bulgarian plane woud be interesting too (don't quote me on this, but I believe they have the same markings as the Germans).
    I found a more informative version of the profiles image; that might answer your questions.

There is also cards and the maneuver deck for the SPAD VII, but no mini for it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    There is also cards and the maneuver deck for the SPAD VII, but no mini for it yet.
    Maneuver deck B; released with the Albatros D.Va.

Ahh, I think I read your other post wrong. I thought you were saying that those two were the only ones that already had a card and deck out for them, but no mini

chsic

Name:  003_SPADVII_254.jpg
Views: 1893
Size:  19.3 KB
    What else ??? (or Spad VII "Vieux Charles" other version with tricolor stripe).

I certainly can't complain as I have just about everything I'd want for the WWI game. As far as a wishlist though, along with the coming Brisfit I'd love to see these guys make a Hannover CLIIIa. I've been a fan of this cool looking aircraft since I got the airfix 1/72 kit back in the early 70's when I was a kid.
    Name:  hannover clIIIa.jpg
Views: 1936
Size:  29.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Sigwald View Post
    I certainly can't complain as I have just about everything I'd want for the WWI game. As far as a wishlist though, along with the coming Brisfit I'd love to see these guys make a Hannover CLIIIa. I've been a fan of this cool looking aircraft since I got the airfix 1/72 kit back in the early 70's when I was a kid.
    Name:  hannover clIIIa.jpg
Views: 1936
Size:  29.8 KB

I'm pretty excited about the Halberstadt CL.II that is already announced for Series 7, but that Hannover is a pretty classic plane.

Quote Originally Posted by chsic View Post
    What else ??? (or Spad VII "Vieux Charles" other version with tricolor stripe).
    Bonjour Christophe,

Salut.

BofB

mleaman

Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post

Pooh
    Count my vote as another for Sopwith Pups as well!

Aviatik Berg C.I would be a great addition to midwar choices. Based on the unofficial stats it should be capable of the Immelmann's turn.

And I bet this one would be popular especially among our female pilots (just like the pink Roland and Elwood's Camel ):

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

I'd be happy with anyone of those listed, but if forced to choose at gunpoint I would choose...the...Bristol F2B! Because it was wicked.

I have to agree with Terry about the F2B. Check out what Nightbomber did with his Shapeway models. Great job by him.

Another vote here for the F2B even though I have three Shapeways Versions waiting to be finished and painted!

Hello all,

We've had a reprint of Series 1 and Series 6 is due out soon, but has there been any discussion on reprinting of the other original series of minis (ie Series 2, 3, etc.). I know alot of you are long time players and probably have enough of the originals, but for some of us newbies we may want to get our hands on some of the older models. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by CdnFlyer View Post
    Hello all,

We've had a reprint of Series 1 and Series 6 is due out soon, but has there been any discussion on reprinting of the other original series of minis (ie Series 2, 3, etc.). I know alot of you are long time players and probably have enough of the originals, but for some of us newbies we may want to get our hands on some of the older models. Thoughts?
    They are redoing the other old series. I don't think we know if they will be making new molds, or using the old molds. They will likely do the same as the first series remakes in keeping one original paint scheme of each, and adding two new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    They are redoing the other old series. I don't think we know if they will be making new molds, or using the old molds. They will likely do the same as the first series remakes in keeping one original paint scheme of each, and adding two new ones.
    My credit card just had a seizure

Actually it would seem more important to work on series 8. Series 7 already has 3 of its birds designated.

WGF Series 7

Bristol Fighter
    SPAD VII
    Halberstadt CL.II
    ???

You would have to go with a Nieuport 28 for the USAS. The Nieuport 11 is another great fighting aircraft. There are many two seaters not yet covered, from the early Albatros C.1 to the later Hannover CL.III for the Central Powers and the BE2, Sopwith 1-1/2 strutter and Salmson for the Allies.

I'm hoping the other series 7 is an Albatros D.II!

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    I would speculate that Ares would put out a new series, then put out repaints, especially of a hot seller like the Fokker.D VII (Oh please, oh please, oh please be an Udet!) If they could find a way to pair it with the Se. 5a, I think it would be a better seller than with the Snipe. Unfortunately, that would require new molds, but then, the Series 1 reprints were off new tooling, so maybe it could happen.

Of course, newer pilots probably would like to see 2-seaters at some point. Perhaps they could be paired in Special Packs similar to the bombers.

Finally, I'd like to see seaplanes duel packs released in conjunction with a sea mat.

Oh great Ares, hear our humble pleas!

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

As with Carl, I would not mind if they (ARES) were to release an official mini of the Nieuport 28. Hopefully they heard Brians pleas.

Completely, totally local-patriotic suggestion (Bleriot XI 2-seater):
    Attached Images  

I do not have a picture to hand (but will post one) for me a BE2c I would like to see more of the early war aircraft Series 5 was great but no 2 seaters.

Da Albatros D.II for me, plz.

Quote Originally Posted by somaliavet View Post
    I would speculate that Ares would put out a new series, then put out repaints, especially of a hot seller like the Fokker.D VII (Oh please, oh please, oh please be an Udet!) If they could find a way to pair it with the Se. 5a, I think it would be a better seller than with the Snipe. Unfortunately, that would require new molds, but then, the Series 1 reprints were off new tooling, so maybe it could happen.

Of course, newer pilots probably would like to see 2-seaters at some point. Perhaps they could be paired in Special Packs similar to the bombers.

Finally, I'd like to see seaplanes duel packs released in conjunction with a sea mat.

Oh great Ares, hear our humble pleas!
    Andrea said that Series 2 will be rereleased possibly at the end of this year, and that it will have the original line up. I'm guessing that that means they will use the original molds, but am not sure.

It is really too bad that they will be including the slow selling 2 seaters & Snipe in the release. I agree that the SE5 would make for a faster selling series, as would separating out the 2 seaters into their own releases. But I guess if they are able to reuse the old molds that will save them a lot of money to get on with new molds for Series 7 & 8!

The other reprint series are in line to do. The carry over D.VII is going to be the Goering.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    The other reprint series are in line to do. The carry over D.VII is going to be the Goering.
    And red-and-white Udet's Fokker DVII?

Sopwith Pup
    Spad VII
    Albatross DII
    Pfalz DII

FE2b
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1490
Size:  42.6 KB

You could even have a d mark in the set for a more powerful armament (fixed forward firing Lewis as well as the two swivel mounted ones)

Quote Originally Posted by Пилот View Post
    And red-and-white Udet's Fokker DVII?
    Not planned at this time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast