Ares Games

Thread: B17 and B24 Movement Deck

Default B17 and B24 Movement Deck

I have searched and could not find a movement deck for both of these bombers. Can anyone point me in the correct direction where I can find this information?
    Last edited by bigk57; 03-15-2012 at 07:22. Reason: spelling

They don't exist yet, officially.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    They don't exist yet, officially.
    Karl
    Oh, what a bummer! I guess they go straight for now.

Quote Originally Posted by bigk57 View Post
    Oh, what a bummer! I guess they go straight for now.
    Not that they should do much of anything else
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Yes, straight until say 5 hours into mission turn left 20 degrees, over designated geographical point, then 3 hours to target, then go home... lots of dogfighting.... not.

Thumbs up

Steve!

I have used the I deck for both the 17 and the 24! Ignore the steep maneuvers. They lumber along nicely! If you look at Max`s flies, he has created his own bomber movement deck! It is labeled AX deck, it makes the I deck look like Ludicrous SPEED!

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_6132.jpg  

Since they don't turn how far do you move them? How far do they fly on the table. I've done WWI bombers long ways on the mats. edge (half stick to off the edge). 4-6 scouts trying to stop you.
    But Id really try to try WWII Bomber run.

Thumbs up

Micheal!

I have done 15 games using bombers, light, medium and heavy! I normally give the bombers three target to bomb, one is the real target and the other two decoys. The attackers plan the runs on the targets, sometimes they will fake the defenders as to the true target. I have the bombers start at least six firing sticks back from the nearest target. The defenders within two sticks of the targets! Yes they do turn, look at the attached photos!

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_3596.jpg   100_3598.jpg  

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tom
    Sorties Flown

can you point me to max's files
    trumpetman52

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab View Post
    Micheal!

I have done 15 games using bombers, light, medium and heavy! I normally give the bombers three target to bomb, one is the real target and the other two decoys. The attackers plan the runs on the targets, sometimes they will fake the defenders as to the true target. I have the bombers start at least six firing sticks back from the nearest target. The defenders within two sticks of the targets! Yes they do turn, look at the attached photos!

I was refering to the heavies not 25s or 26s. Rich

so what are the bases?

Steve!
    I have used the I deck for both the 17 and the 24! Ignore the steep maneuvers. They lumber along nicely! If you look at Max`s flies, he has created his own bomber movement deck! It is labeled AX deck, it makes the I deck look like Ludicrous SPEED!
    Rich

Had to do it.

Micheal!
    Rich
    Thanks for the info. I have a bunch of players that want to shoot and defend bombers. I now have insight on what to do next. BTW, I like the bomber cards under the stands to give aid for the bomber management. I will send pics once I run the matches.

Quote Originally Posted by trumpetman52 View Post
    can you point me to max's files
    trumpetman52
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/album.php?u=172

Quote Originally Posted by flyingryno View Post
    so what are the bases?
    Here is a link to one way to make bomber bases (which richard m schwab sent to me). I modified the instructions so that I could incorporate the Wings of War flight pegs.
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...es-on-a-Budget

The instructions worked well for me. I used plumbing tubing and a rubber grommet to connect the flight pegs to the base. Here is what the result looked like.
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/alb...chmentid=36367

Dave!

You need too show us how you made the post conversion!! They came out great! Mine are old CD cases cut down to size, with Litko Toppers glued to them and Litko risers!

Rich