Ares Games

Thread: Flying Tigers mispaint?

tiepilot1138

Default Flying Tigers mispaint?

I picked up two Flying Tiger P-40's yesterday from my local LGS. The top sides are beautiful (even has the little tiger!), but the bottoms look wrong. The roundels on the wings (both top and bottom) seem to be about half a centimeter off of the mark. There's a blank circle in the gray on the bottom side, and a green circle on the top where it looks like the roundels were supposed to be. Both of mine are like this. Is anyone elses? Interestingly, the card for the plane seems to be painted the same way. I can't find any real pictures with the roundels off-centered like that.

I was wondering if this was intentional, the US roundels being painted over & replaced with Chinese markings. Just like the real ones.

Yes, that is what Vincenzo depicted both on wings and on the fuselage. The kind of frontline color change done not so perfectly. As on the Russian Hawker Hurricane and Nungesser's Ni.17 miniatures in Wings of War, or on Ruffo di Calabria's SPAD card.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Lucas
    Sorties Flown

Love the paints and designs, can't wait to see where WoG goes with it's next planes in the future.

You surey have a firm grasp on the present planes! Congratulations for your successes in the contest.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Lucas
    Sorties Flown

Thank you sir.

They look great and the cards are much easier to read. Great job.

Thomas

Definitely. Us older, blinder guys appreciate it. A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by CappyTom View Post
    They look great and the cards are much easier to read. Great job.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by FrankJamison View Post
    Definitely. Us older, blinder guys appreciate it. A lot.
    LOL yep

Got metal balls on my new planes and I will be needing more pegs soon Keith...

Thomas