Ares Games

View Poll Results: Which side would you fly for?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Allied

162 54.55%
  • German

135 45.45%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Choose your side!

Well, the poll probably should have had an "either side" or "don't care" selection. I like flying as Brumowski since he's of Polish descent (like me)

http://www.theaerodrome.com/aces/austrhun/brumowski.php

However; even though the CP planes are generally more colorful than those of the Allies, I really don't have a preference...it's all about the GAME

Default the look

i love the look of the germens but lik to fly the best fighters!

O.K. - now that we've chosen up sides, we all have to get together and fight out this 200+ player game!

Default German

The German but does not mean I like there idealogy.

Allied for me, but having just started I am going to get equal numbers of both, that way you're never short of an opponent.

Richard

Central Powers side.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    The German but does not mean I like there idealogy.
    We must not confuse the WWI Germany with Nazi Germany.

British for king and country. Gaming like german because of colours and liberal use of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoff View Post
    I am one the German ones. My family is originally from Bavaria. My full name is Christoph Heinrich Hintze. My dad was Frederick Mohr Hintze. Not much doubt there.

Christoph
    Now that is a great name for a WW1 German Pilot!

Whilst I will by choice fly Australian or British Aircraft I just "love" the colour schemes of the German ones.
    If i ever get my hands on Shaeffers Fok DV11 I want to repaint the Blue section & add my own insignia.Even have a name picked out for the pilot. Ltn Bruno von Hincksman which is as close I can get to my Aussie name Barry Hickson. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RonaldRS View Post
    i love the look of the germens but lik to fly the best fighters!
    Mate that Fokker DV11 is right up there with the best!

Definitely conflicted on this one, mothers side is English, fathers side is German. Guess I'll go with my avatar!

I'm just seeing this poll for the first time.

I voted Allies and thought the results would be a run-away.

I am surprised at how many German votes there are. Sehr Interessant!

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

On my profile page I put that I flew for Entente because I had 1 DrI and thre DVa's while I had a myriad of Entente. So I played them in the Entente. Since then I acquired all of the CP planes and enjoy being the bad guy. as all the other pilots want to be Entente. I've found that I prefer being a Central Powers pilot!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Steve
    Sorties Flown

I prefer the German planes but since Rickenbacher was a childhood hero I must go Allies!! Okie

I'm of old High German heritage but fourth generation American. I stick with my heart. Born and bred in old good old US of A. I've taken my pledge, and a man of my word. I did not pledge to any one man but to a Flag, an idea, a belief. Semper Fi to hell with rest of you.

It's a game of course and a hobby so we should treat this thread like this. Since I was born in a town which belonged to the Kaiser's Germany during WWI and many of the buildings and sites are well preserved resembling those days, it's like a travel back in time for me a bit. If I was born 70 years earlier in the same town...

...and MvR was born 90 km north of my hometown, no kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    It's a game of course and a hobby so we should treat this thread like this. .
    Dziękuję.

Is MvR's home still there? If you are ever near it, please post pictures.

Smile

German because of my ancestry and all those pretty aircraft

Entente in WWI for me - although I do fly Central Powers from time to time (and will be doing so this afternoon)

My blood runs red, white, and blue! Plus I'm of Scotch-Irish, and Italian decent. Entente it is for me! Now, I have to run...need to check some ammo before I go shoot down the hun.

Entente/Allies, obviously.

But, I don't mind playing Centrals/Axis, too
    Last edited by Пилот; 07-20-2013 at 01:15.

Both axis allie Who ever, it doesn't matter to me

I'm British through and through, and did 36 years in the Royal Air Force but I fly for the Germans. I love the shape of the Albatros and yes they are more colourful. I even play Flames of War using the Germans! Panthers, Tigers need I say more.... When I move to WOG WW2 it will be German also, ME109, Stuka..... Now Sails of Glory I will be British

Is "Blackwater Mercenary, flying for the highest bidder" an option? LOL

I just have to choose the allies. Don't get me wrong, the Germans have some GORGEOUS planes, but I can't go against my own side.

Fly both, prefer German, but who cares its the game that counts and of course meeting all the new comrades in arms on this site. To the bar...I'm a ringing that bell.

May favorite is the A-H. Underdogs that did the best with what they had. For having so many different cultures and staying together is a major undertaking. Only if the assination did not take place. A-H could of became the United States of Europe (USE).

I'm torn as I'm half German, half French-Canadian (Bavarian grandmother, Saxon grandfather) but I usually fly Entante.

fi were talking game wise, germany as the fokker dvii is my favorite A/C of the war. my family heritage is mostly german sp i tend to pick germany if thats an option. i like flying allied A/C sometimes but always tend to return to germanA/C.

now if were talking real world (ie time machine) is USA all the way!!!!! i had a great uncle in the air service, emmet dowty. i only have a pic of him in his uniform which shows an air service wing & prop collar pin but no wings of any type so i dont think he was aircrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrodamus View Post
    Much to our regret your forefathers didn't choose German as your language. International contacts would have been way more easy - at least for us Germans.

Just checked your St. Pauli Girl and I think it perfectly serves the German prejudice about the Americans' extremly reduced view of Germany. +
    i wish they had chosen german, ive always wanted to learn it. i know a few words picked over the years and what was handed down through the family, ie high german and low german (forgive the spelling) "sprichen zee de deutch" and "canz du deutch sprechen". i think many german would be surprised how much americans (at least in this area) know about germany, but with local town names like new bremen and minster i guess its not all that surprising.

"I am a [jelly] donut". (Points to the people who know what that means!)[/QUOTE]

i will join you for one......in berlin.......by the wall.......with jack

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Thread necromancers at work...
    would that be the "writing dead"?

Quote Originally Posted by g.paoletti View Post
    Germans forever ... mmhh no, i think allied are better, for sure.

(same old italian dance)

G.
    hahahahahhaha that just means you get the best of both worlds

Quote Originally Posted by tuladin View Post
    O.K. - now that we've chosen up sides, we all have to get together and fight out this 200+ player game!
    thats the best suggestion ive heard ALL day!!!!

I went the German side Eastern front DoW mainly due to the Stuka and Bf109 Son has gone allies with the Russians using lend lease planes.

Alan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Missions

1. Choose your war.
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Polls
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 02-12-2018, 13:57