Ares Games

Thread: New Ray F4U Corsair and G4M2 "Betty"

Default New Ray F4U Corsair and G4M2 "Betty"

New Ray F4U Corsair

New Ray F4U Corsair chasing ModelPower G4M2 "Betty". The "Betty" is 1/182 scale

ModelPower G4M2 "Betty" side view on Litko stand

ModelPower G4M2 "Betty" front view on Litko stand

Wow those planes looks awesome!
    Voilą le soleil d'Austerlitz!

What is great the models were on the "cheap". The Corsair was $5.99 and the Betty was $7.00 per model. Shipping was extra of course.

The paint job on the Corsair is really nice. And a Betty would be a great addition to any Pacific campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by CappyTom View Post
    Did you get the Betty at Hobby Lobby as well?

Thomas
    No, I got it from another website called ModelPower. And it was reasonable priced.

http://www.modelpower.com/ProductDet...oductCode=5431

Scale: 1/182

History: Referred to as 'Betty' by the Allied Forces, the Mitsubishi G4M2 was a seven-crew long-range bomber used by the Imperial Japanese Navy in World War II. Mitsubishi built 2,446 G4M (all variants) in total. The 'Betty' could reach a maximum speed of 292 mph, had a maximum range of 2,694 miles, and could weigh as much as 27,558 pounds at take-off (18,049 pounds empty). The G4M2 was armed with four 20 mm cannons, two 7.7 mm machine-guns, one 1,764 pound torpedo and 2,205 pounds worth of bombs.

That is one sweet find.

Very cool. Thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by bigk57 View Post
    No, I got it from another website called ModelPower. And it was reasonable priced.

Scale: 1/182

History: Referred to as 'Betty' by the Allied Forces, the Mitsubishi G4M2 was a seven-crew long-range bomber used by the Imperial Japanese Navy in World War II. Mitsubishi built 2,446 G4M (all variants) in total. The 'Betty' could reach a maximum speed of 292 mph, had a maximum range of 2,694 miles, and could weigh as much as 27,558 pounds at take-off (18,049 pounds empty). The G4M2 was armed with four 20 mm cannons, two 7.7 mm machine-guns, one 1,764 pound torpedo and 2,205 pounds worth of bombs.
    Thanks Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    Nice planes. Have to search for them.
    All,
    The "Betty" models have been marked down for clearance. They are now selling them for $5.99 a model. I thought I would let all know.

The Betty is slightly larger than the Nexus/Ares models at 1/182 scale. However I played a game using one with Nexus Zeros and the New Ray 1/200 P-38s and they all looked good together.

Quote Originally Posted by Coog View Post
    The Betty is slightly larger than the Nexus/Ares models at 1/182 scale. However I played a game using one with Nexus Zeros and the New Ray 1/200 P-38s and they all looked good together.
    I thought the Ares and Nexus models are 1/200 same as AIM models.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by CappyTom View Post
    I thought the Ares and Nexus models are 1/200 same as AIM models.

Thomas
    The Nexus/Ares models are actually 1/196, but at scales that small there is no noticeable difference. The New Ray 1/190 Corsairs and Hellcats work well with them as does the New Ray 1/200 Lightning and Thunderbolt. I am somewhat sceptical on how precise the scales are that manufacturers give for their models.

Very nasty of you to post that site. SO MANY PLANES. I likes the Betty and the Nice that have. Thanks for the info.

Thumbs up

Nice models & a great buy, Steve.

Good models good price, if I had not got some 1/200 Betty's I would be after them!

Nice planes; I wish they used PayPal, as I'm a tad nervious putting my credit card on the WWW
    Karl

I bought a couple of Bettys and they are very nice. I just need to make custom stands for them. I had a brain hiccup and ordered a couple of Nicks too. I was thinking they were the same scale as the Betty, but it is not. I think I will keep them and use them as Ki-48i light bombers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DCP_3567.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	144.0 KB 
ID:	54841

Here is a picture of an F-Toys P1Y1 Francis. I picked up a F4U Corsair at Hobby Works in Laurel. It was a display model so wheels down so it is flying that way.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dave
    Sorties Flown

Here is a picture of an F-Toys P1Y1 Francis. I picked up a F4U Corsair at Hobby Works in Laurel. It was a display model so wheels down so it is flying that way.
    What scale?

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Wow! Those are slick models, you got there Steve!

Where did you found the New Ray F4U Corsair?
    It is very beautifull ! is it 1:200 scale?

Quote Originally Posted by Scanetsu View Post
    Where did you found the New Ray F4U Corsair?
    It is very beautifull ! is it 1:200 scale?
    I am sorry to say no it is not to WoG scale. Its a 1:190 scale. This model is something to get me by until it's official release from Ares Games..
    Last edited by bigk57; 08-06-2012 at 11:52. Reason: typo

Steve I was at the Hobby Lobby in Laurel last week and they had 5 different planes in different scales. I can't remember which planes though. I like them for display and I have a
    P-51(1/160) and Typhoon (1/190) already. They also had some really nice 1/72 scale die cast planes. Just something else to spend money on.

They also had some really nice 1/72 scale die cast planes. Just something else to spend money on.
    I had noticed the 1/72nd die cast fighters. If I was still playing M&M (A base and antenna airplane game). I'd have picked up a bunch of them already. I'm still thinking of 1/72nd scale WGS (with double sized bases and manuver decks) for demo games.
    Karl

Are you planning to create a card for it?
    I don't think the F4U Corsair already exist.

Any time you think there isn't a card for a particular plane, go to Max Headroom's files. Chances are you'll find it there.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/alb...achmentid=8849

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/alb...chmentid=12153

Quote Originally Posted by Scanetsu View Post
    Are you planning to create a card for it?
    I don't think the F4U Corsair already exist.

Nice ! thank you.
    Just have to found an H deck now.

Maybe I should buy FftS

Quote Originally Posted by FrankJamison View Post
    Any time you think there isn't a card for a particular plane, go to Max Headroom's files. Chances are you'll find it there.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/alb...achmentid=8849

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/alb...chmentid=12153
    Yeah, an' if there isn't, just PM me and I'll make up one (usually within the week).
    There's still a number of odd planes that I haven't made cards for yet!