• 41-50

250 33.11%
  • 51-60

171 22.65%
  • 61 and over

55 7.28%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: A more mature game?

Ovrer on the WOFF forum there a guy who is 95 and still plays that sim every day! At 67 I still have a way to go to match that with WoW.

in the 61 n over section, soon to be 61 n over +1. still got a few more years flying left in me. it's getting up early for the dawn patrols that's getting to me, but WingCo is having none of it. "What's wrong with you man? It's gone 04:30, nearly mid afternoon

Ok. So this thread is now over 10 years past its start date.

Perhaps we need to run a tenth anniversary version? The original participants have probably changed categories. And we could add a '71+' category.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

It would be interesting to see if the younger end of the spectrum is growing. I bet the bell curve overall will shift up. I moved into the last age group a couple years ago.

If we held another poll, would we need a 71+ category? For the longevity of the game we need to see more younger players.

I resemble that first remark Dave.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Ok. So this thread is now over 10 years past its start date.

Perhaps we need to run a tenth anniversary version? The original participants have probably changed categories. And we could add a '71+' category.
    Come January, that will be me

Who you callin' old?! *grabs walker to chase you down*

An eminent thinker said that seeing as Medical Science has extended our lives so dramatically these days that we should now all work till we are at least 75. Going by that logic perhaps the upper spectrum should be set at 100?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Mike
    Sorties Flown

I had to vote today. Very soon I will qualify for the next age bracket, and wanted to feel "young!"

I am 71 and the youngest in my gaming group, we play ever Thursday night, from 5PM to midnight. Board Game Geek has culture canceled me for a joke about the ruling party, so I will not mention them for fear of it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike George View Post
    I am 71 and the youngest in my gaming group, we play ever Thursday night, from 5PM to midnight. Board Game Geek has culture canceled me for a joke about the ruling party, so I will not mention them for fear of it here.
    I am curious what you mean when you say "culture canceled me for a joke about the ruling party". I'm on BGG far more that here and there are gaming forums where political (or other) topics and comments are prohibited. But there are specifically forums for discussions about politics, religion and/or sex. I'm curious what the infraction was.

Time to update this poll... I'm now in the 41-50 bracket. The bellcurve is definitely skewed into the 30-60 bracket, probably because the younger folks can't afford it from bills, loans and "getting started" and the older have pensions to live on and grandkids and medical expenses.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Ok. So this thread is now over 10 years past its start date..
    Yikes! If it stays around for a couple more years we'll have to start thinking about sending it to college.........

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Ross View Post
    Yikes! If it stays around for a couple more years we'll have to start thinking about sending it to college.........
    Hell, Wings itself is gonna be that age soon... I've been trying to drum up some interest and long-range planning on 20th Anniversary commemoration, but right now it's radio silence.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

No radios in our WWI crates, just waving and pointing! I will be running a game or two at the Guns of August mini convention in Williamsburg VA on the 28th of next month though.

If I can remember.......

Answer to Ken at Sunrise
    I dropped the D word and got culture canceled but Board Game Geek allows a gesture that means FU to be on there board.

https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/1...got-back-today

Quote Originally Posted by Mike George View Post
    Answer to Ken at Sunrise
    I dropped the D word and got culture canceled but Board Game Geek allows a gesture that means FU to be on there board.

https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/1...got-back-today
    I'm not sure if this is the best place to discuss this, but honestly I don't know what the "D word" is.

I did not know that D.ick Turpin was having a party!

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Similar Missions

1. Custom Computer Game
    By Walahalla in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-25-2009, 07:07
  2. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 02:46