Ares Games

Thread: Models at work?

Default Models at work?

Its a fine day when you get to build models at work, even if they are not airplanes

Notice the large conference room, designed to fit a 4' x 8' game table, I wonder who might make me one?

Clipper, mixing work and fun! Cheers!

Hi David
    What are you using for the walls?
    I have been thinking about making some aircraft hangers as props. Is that material easy to work and yet strong enough to take a few knocks?
    Linz

Looks like foamcore. Nice work btw David, very sharp.

Dave

Next the Zep Hangers. No! No! I never said that honest David.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Zeppelin Hangers? Been there, done that, somewhere on the site I have a thread on a hanger/carrier for two Zeps! The material here is foamcore, buy it at a local art or sign shop. I get it in colors and thicknesses from 1/16", 3/32". 1/4" and gator foam up to 3" thick! Nice stuff, durable and takes most paints (no acetone solvents). You could buy the Fiddler's Green paper hanger kit, copy to your scale, print it off on sticker label paper and you could have a cool hanger. I found tiny single corregated paper at a craft shop which makes very awesome corregated metal roofs . . . there is madness all around us! Clipper

I'm guessing this is for a church, based on the references to "pastor's room" and "asst. pastor's room"?

Yeppers! But we can't talk about that here : )

Clipper

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Opening up a new front, eh?

Thanks for the idea David. I never thought of foamcore for buildings. I used balsa to build the ones I made for a mid east game I played.

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    Yeppers! But we can't talk about that here : )

Clipper
    Quite right, client privileged, I'm sure.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus