Ares Games

Thread: Info

Cap. Baracca

Default Info

Hi to all crew!

Me and my firend will start to play WWII after long days and months spent in WWI, i would like to know your opinion about areoplanes: wich one you suggest me to buy?
    I'm oriented on Grumman F4F-4 Wildcat - McWorther (US Navy) o Supermarine Spitfire Mk.II - Vybral (RAF).

p.s. Sorry for my bad English

I happen play both planes. A lot. Usually against Zeros (Ugh...).

Which one you choose depends on how you like to play.

The McWorther F-4 is basically a gun platform. It can't maneuver very well, so you pretty much go straight for the other plane and trade shots. You can take more damage and usually cause more damage than the other guy so - as long as you don't get a bad critical - you should win. With a bit of luck, he panics and breaks off. Then you chase him down.

The Spitfire handles very differently. It is faster than all the other current planes so you can zoom in, shoot, zoom out, do an Immelmann turn, and come back for more. Its high speed also means that you can get out of trouble fairly easily. As a good plus, it has those nasty sideways moves that can mess other players up, specially if they think you're running and - instead - you slip to the side and end up behind them. However, it does have less firepower.

My personal opinion is that the Spitfire is a lot more fun if you're flying only one airplane. I LOVE the Spitfire.

The McWorther F-4 is a good choice if you have two planes (who can help each other out - the Thach Weave does work: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thach_Weave ) even if that means using another player as a wingman. I like the challenge of operating a two plane flight of F-4s against Zeros. And Vals ;-) . Do note that the other two F-4s have less firepower than the McWorther.
    Last edited by FrankJamison; 02-15-2012 at 16:23.

I agree with Frank, the Spitfire is far more fun to fly.

If you want a challenge take the Hurricane. It can dogfight but takes a lot more concentration.

Thomas

Do you own a Deluxe set, Daniele?

You have more more movement options with the Spitfire MK II (but the diference to the Spitfire from the Deluxe set is one more damage point). But you have much more firepower with McWorther's Wildcat (3 B on half ruler distance).

My advice: Buy both!

If you need a decision: Buy that plane from the theatre of war you like the most.
    Voilą le soleil d'Austerlitz!