Ares Games

Thread: Nieuports, Nieuports, Nieuports, and more Nieuports!!!

Default Nieuports, Nieuports, Nieuports, and more Nieuports!!!

Kampfflieger has posted 6 Nieuport models! Nieuport 24bis, 24, and 27 in both British (Lewis gun) and French (Vickers gun) gun setups.

Fantastic!

God spot.
    Not for sale yet though.

I wondered about that. When I first saw them I kept getting "server error" when I tried to get detail, so it just looked like 6 Nieuports.
    So what is the diff between N24 bis and N 24, the tail?

I thought I remembered reading about a N that had both Vickers and Lewis, but both guns synchronized. Does that ring any bells?

Was it the bis that had the rounded fuselage sides??

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Was it the bis that had the rounded fuselage sides??
    Nieuport 24 bis it's a Nieuport 24 with Nieuport 17 horizontal stabilizer and rudder.

Both 24 and 24 bis have the rounded fuselage side.

The 24 has the rounded tail
    The 24bis has the "square" tail like the N17.

They had 2 Vickers but a third MG Lewis could be on the top wing.

The N27 had one or two Vickers.

Nice, I do like the Nieuports...when when when are they coming back on the scene??

Thomas

Default Nieuports

Maybe Kampfflieger will also do the Nieuport 17bis, which also saw some combat usage with the French and British. It used a 130 HP Clerget engine. It retained the wings, tail, rudder of the Nieuport 17 but had the rounded fuselage of the Nieuport 24/27

Quote Originally Posted by Mike W View Post
    Maybe Kampfflieger will also do the Nieuport 17bis, which also saw some combat usage with the French and British. It used a 130 HP Clerget engine. It retained the wings, tail, rudder of the Nieuport 17 but had the rounded fuselage of the Nieuport 24/27
    Mike, Nieuport 17 bis has shorter fuselage as Nieuport 17, only with round sides. So main differences from Nie.24bis is wings, fuselage, and cowling.

By the way, the delay in being for sale was that he realized his original models did not have the headrest (which shows up so clearly in all the profiles.) he said it would be a quick fix, as indeed it has been.

In the interest of getting all of the wonderful Nieuport info Zoe posted, I've moved it to it's own thread in a new section of the WWI Historical forum.