Ares Games
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Clipper's List

I am now the proud owner of 7 of Davids models. My favorate is the Dorneir RSIII. They look good in pictures, but it is not untill you get an actual model that you can see up close the skill David has (and he mass produces them) So I would recogmend to anyone who is thinking of purchaseing one or more of Davids Models do so I belive you will not regret it and your collection will never be complete without one of Davids models.

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Know what you mean, I have several of Clippers scratch builds and they are 'toot sweet'!

WWII 1/144" scale F-Toys! The elves uncovered a stash of these whilst cleaning the shop. I am interested in trading or selling them - make me an offer. The boxes were opened to check contents but the models were not removed. So far there are one each Zero 3A, 3B, 3C; Focke Wulf 190D 1A, 1B, 1C

Make me an offer I cannot refuse, looking for all three Ares Bf 110's, Sopwith Triplanes, Gloster Gladiators . . . or Paypal gotta make room for some aircraft carriers : )
    Last edited by clipper1801; 09-03-2013 at 18:17.

Getting the last Zeppelins of the year underway, should have delivery by Christmas. If you want one under your tree let me know, so far 3 are unclaimed! What's on your list this year? All are 1/214" type P's colors are still optional, mine will be linen white for winter! Yea!

Remember before you paint Dave. "Zepps are for life not just for Christmas."
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Hey Clipper
    do you still have any unclaimed zeppelins? I've resisted so far, but now feel I must have one!
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Hey Clipper
    do you still have any unclaimed zeppelins? I've resisted so far, but now feel I must have one!
    Tim
    Yes Tim, I have 3 left in the camo in the smaller 1/214" scale size, they sell for $125 USD and the latest postage to the UK was $49-seems the winter rates are in effect . . . more headwinds I guess . . . Dave

OOOOOOOH, PRETTY!!!!!!
    Can I please purchase an L11? Does it come with variable altitude stands? Do you take Paypal?
    cheers
    Tim

Readies sent via Paypal - have you received?
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Readies sent via Paypal - have you received?
    Tim

Greetings Tim!
    Your Zeppelin has lifted off and is on its way, best warn coastal patrols the enemy is approaching from the far west! Priority Mail should arrive within 5 business days, (what ever those are) Customs Form # CW731584456US and yes the Readies arrived! Thanks and enjoy! Strange to be sending Zeppelins over to England around Christmas time, but its been done before . . . Dave

many thanks Dave - I'm SO looking forward to receiving it!

Dave, I actually am interested in a Zeppelin as well. Sent you a PM!

Do you have any of the Zeppelins left? Or better yet what is left?

David I heard/read a rumour that you were makeing some WW2 Sunderland flying boats. If that is the case can I get one in New Zealand Pacific markings. Thanks Alastair

No problem, I will get them started this weekend, do you have a color view I can copy? I might as well do the Martin Mars as well since they cool too!

I Just sent my payment for L-12! Can't wait to see everybody's eyes pop when I put this baby on the table!

Dare I open a dialog on making a dozen or more DH 98 Mosquitoes? Which model? Just a momentary lapse of insanity . . .

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    Dare I open a dialog on making a dozen or more DH 98 Mosquitoes? Which model? Just a momentary lapse of insanity . . .
    Dave,

You are a horrible, horrible man.

Darth Dave, seducing me further into the Dark Side!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Dave,

You are a horrible, horrible man.

Darth Dave, seducing me further into the Dark Side!

Mike
    SWMBO just saw this, and suggested a different, less complimentary, name. Although not nice, it is strangely appropriate.

The name was a suggestion for a new cat we were acquiring, but didn't use (although it would have been appropriate, too). The name is "STYLB". Pronounced "Still-bee", it is an acronym for "Stop That, You Little Bastard".

No malice or defamation is intended, but it made me laugh, so I thought I'd share.

Mike

Considering that STYLB lost out as the cat's name.

What did you name the cat ?

Nothing as funny.

The cat ended up with "Yukkiko". He is a white, Devon Rex. We just didn't want to name him "Snowflake", or some other obvious name. Yukkiko is Japanese for "Snow Child", or "Lucky Child".

And, yeah. He still gets called "STYLB", occasionally.

Mike
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 03-16-2014 at 22:55. Reason: Back link to cat picture on another thread

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    David I heard/read a rumour that you were makeing some WW2 Sunderland flying boats. If that is the case can I get one in New Zealand Pacific markings. Thanks Alastair
    The RNZAF ones looked like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	102_1.jpg 
Views:	408 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	128543

Name:	RNZAF_TAINUI.jpg 
Views:	405 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	128544

Name:	170214d1308209188t-commonwealth-air-forces-nz4101j_dn.jpg 
Views:	407 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	128545

Name:	Copy_of_TRANS_RNZAF_short_sunderland_of_the_pacific_war_800x390.gif 
Views:	408 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	128546

The RNZAF initially operated Four Mk III Sunderland Transport aircraft (NZ4101-4104). The transport variant of the Sunderland was originally developed for BOAC from the standard Mk.III in 1942, and began international operation in March 1943. These unarmed aircraft had the military equipment removed, fairings over the turret positions and an improved interior catering for 24 to 30 passengers. In January 1944 the British Secretary of State for Dominion Affairs offered the New Zealand Government four at a very reasonable rate. Although the sale was initially opposed by the US (which saw the aircraft as potential post-war airliners), the aircraft were delivered by air (taking a westerly route through Africa and the Americas) between October and December 1944. Officially brought on charge on December 4th, the aircraft were allocated to the Flying Boat Transport Flight and based at Hobsonville. After repainting and interior reconfiguration for the combined passenger/freight role, the aircraft began operation in February 1945. The routes were primarily Auckland-Fiji, and Auckland-Noumea-Espiritu Santo. With the end of the war the aircraft were heavily involved in repatriating service personnel until they were laid up at the end of 1945.

The four aircraft were:

ML792 NZ4101 'Tainui'
    ML793 NZ4102 'Tokomaru'
    ML794 NZ4103 'Mataatua'
    ML795 NZ4104 'Takitimu'
    http://www.kiwiaircraftimages.com/sundland.html

Strange to be sending Zeppelins over to England around Christmas time, but its been done before . . . Dave
    If you're going to London today... Fly Lufthansa!
    (Ve know zer vay)

Dave can I change my request for a RNZAF Sunderland for one in North Alantic RAAF markings Thanks Alastair

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Dave can I change my request for a RNZAF Sunderland for one in North Alantic RAAF markings Thanks Alastair

Name:	81_4.jpg 
Views:	402 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	128547

Name:	81_2.jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	128548

Name:	81_1_b1.jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	145.5 KB 
ID:	128549

Name:	184776-11453.jpg 
Views:	399 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	128550

Mine will do very well in RAF colours thanks Dave.
    Rob.

Any of those will do Dave, whatever you are painting the most off. Thanks Alastair

New batch of 1/144" Type P Zeppelins are underway at the Clipperdome . . .

Cleaning out the shop and found a box full of Skytrex and Reviresco metal models, PM me for a list if interested in trades or sales : )
    Last edited by clipper1801; 04-24-2015 at 14:53.

I missed out a year and a half ago. You sent me some info on these zeppelins but I took too long to decide. How do I get on the list to get one? Thanks for making them again.

I am interested in the red/white grey Lohner L and the Felixstowe checkered send me information on shipping and payment

dave, would you be interested in a trade of a couple bregeuts for an xb-38 and a yb-40?

Just caught the note about the cat not named STYLB...we have a dog almost named Ellis...a stylized version of L.S....aka "Little Sh*t". Wound up with another name also...but like your cat occasionally lives up to his "Jellico name".

On a less esoteric note, a friend of my sons had a Labrador called Deefor, and yes we were all stupid enough to ask him why.
    Rob.

Have you considered marketing just the basic foam Zeppelin fuselage - think "owner completion" - in 1/144? I might have some buyers...

Hey Bob, just remembered this. I did offer partial kits at one time and would still but the hull is the biggest part of the construct, bringing it to painting surface is the most labor intensive bit. Then the fin anchoring, and the gondola mounts, it gets complicated. I just poured molds for the new gondolas and props so the process is getting further developed each build. Status pictures will be coming out soon on the build thread now that I have some of my life back : ) Cheers!

Hi David
    It's nice to see another player that is a builder and flyer. Look at this:
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=231644
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike George View Post
    Hi David
    Mike
    So this is you? I remember this a few years ago and almost ordered one, are they still available? I used your pictures as inspiration for an indoor electric foam R/C Staaken, but got distracted with the Zeppelin Project. PM me when you get some time. Dave

Hey Bob, just remembered this. I did offer partial kits at one time and would still but the hull is the biggest part of the construct, bringing it to painting surface is the most labor intensive bit. Then the fin anchoring, and the gondola mounts, it gets complicated. I just poured molds for the new gondolas and props so the process is getting further developed each build. Status pictures will be coming out soon on the build thread now that I have some of my life back : ) Cheers!
    Well when you're ready to crank out some zeps in 1/144 please let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike George View Post
    Hi David
    Mike
    I too was interested in buying your airplane. I too got distracted and lost the thread. Are your airplanes still available? Clipper, I'm still interested in your zeppelins. If they become available again, I would like one as well.

The elves are currently cranking on the Zeppelin Assembly Line. Will be posting them as available in a month of so, so watch this space . . . 14 are being assembled in 1/144" scale . . . most all the aircraft are still available with the inclusion of all the "Pour Me" Series on the Metal/Resin Hobby Thread. Enjoy!

hi David I would be interested in getting some of your aircraft will PM you for costs

FCPTJoe

ohhhh, ZEPPELINs! (definitely covet!)

Sigh, so many lovely toys so little pocket money... your work really is staggering Clipper. Thanks to you and the wonders of international postage, there are now plenty more Zeppelins for me to shoot down.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Finally have the little guys sorted! These are molded foam and nice and light, come with bases and sliding altitude wires for altitudes of 5" to 8"

While they last there are 15 of them ready to lift off!

Going for $10 each or 3 for $25 plus shipping . . . PM to order, thanks!

SO SORRY - Sold out already! Will get the elves back into production if more are requested. Thanks all!
    Last edited by clipper1801; 03-15-2016 at 00:04.

How much are the flying boats going to be and will they be in 1/200 scale?

Thanks,

Sam.

Hey Sam, the flying boats have expanded into several, Mavis, Emily, Sunderland, and I am working up the Mariner and Mars - all in 1/200" scale for the game. Prices range on raw or painted models and their complexity. More pictures one of these days to update the list, many are and have been featured in my "Pouor me . . . " threads in the Hobby Room metal & resin section.

Looking forward to seeing them David.

Dave, I require a Sunderland Mk. I. Please PM with price.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast