Ares Games
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Balloon Busters set

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj View Post
    Well, that is the mock up of the box using the final artwork the minis are made from.
    No doubt that the boy is only a mock up. My question concerned the Balloons themself...

I think these are real pictures (the balloons) - compared to the photos of the convention in Essen.

Nexus said that it would be out in January of 2010. Look for the price to be about what the Deluxe sets cost... that's my guess based on what people have said and knowledge of marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by usmc1855 View Post
    These are the great images of the balloon from the link in the previous post:

Nice pics, looking forward to these. Is Jan still the set release time?

It's the last date we have, so I guess so. lol

they do look very nice.... I hope we will get them in NZ for a resonable price. I don't want to have to a loan to buy them.

Cheers
    GW

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
    I don't want to have to a loan to buy them.
    Yeah, I know what you mean........but they lood so good.........cant help my self, wheres my credit card gone again??

My guy at FFGs said that they have not started soliciting this set yet... and they usually solicit things about 3 months ahead of time. So... don't be surprised if we do not get this in January.

My guy at FFGs said that they have not started soliciting this set yet... and they usually solicit things about 3 months ahead of time. So... don't be surprised if we do not get this in January.
    That's disappointing.... and I hope incorrect.

Now I need to waste my money on other games - well done

Quote Originally Posted by ego View Post
    According to what I've heard from Nexus in Essen yesterdy, you'll have to wait till next year...

Well.... next month is 'next year''...... but when next year?

truly looking forward to getting a pair of these!

Any current news out there on these? I did nt even see them as an upcoming product oh the FFG site. Depending on the release date they my be competing with Axis and Allies War at Sea set release for my wallet.

Users Country Flag

Name
    allen
    Sorties Flown

i like them both....hopefully they come out soon

Peter_S

Does anyone know whether the Ballon Buster expansions will be entirely redundant with Burning Drachens or will one want/need both?

You can start with the mini, the box will include the rules and counters.

You will actually need the BD boxed set in order to get the D damage deck that is need for balloons and rockets. That is, unless they add them to the balloon mini between the time they were previewed and the time they make it to our store shelves.

There's a video somewhere around here, where you can find what Nexus plans to put inside. On the Essen convention they showed a prototype box of the mini.

That video is linked to on page two of this thread. In the video, there is no damage cards in the prototype box... hence me saying they could add it before it goes to retail.

You will actually need the BD boxed set in order to get the D damage deck that is need for balloons and rockets. That is, unless they add them to the balloon mini between the time they were previewed and the time they make it to our store shelves.
    I don't think that's right; they just didn't have the included cards. Andrea has always said that the box will come with a copy of the rocket damage deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_S View Post
    Does anyone know whether the Ballon Buster expansions will be entirely redundant with Burning Drachens or will one want/need both?
    That still means that Burning Drachens has the I & J maneuver decks (available in miniatures; series 3), the Anti-Aircraft rules (available on-line) and the Anti-Aircraft damage deck (not available anywhere else).

Meanwhile, the Nieuport 16s in Balloon Busters are SUPPOSED to have a unique maneuver deck. I don't know that we'll get confirmation of that before it's released, though.

Sounds strange that Nexus would release information about Balloon Buster set long before FFG's official confirmation. However, my local WoW distributor has told me about FFG's recent problems with the timetable. Apparently there have been delays in releases, even as long as several months. Snif.

I just don't think that Nexus is such a big company and problems with release dates are quite common in this business. I think they produced the prototype for the game convention in Essen which is supposed to be the biggest and most important in whole Europe. And it's always good to have some eye candy for future customers.

merlindex's Avatar Vendée Flight Leader
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Merlin
    Sorties Flown

Here is a new preview of the balloons and WWII minis serie 2

ENJOY !

Quote Originally Posted by merlindex View Post
    Here is a new preview of the balloons and WWII minis serie 2

ENJOY !
    I still can't make out the designation for the maneuver deck...

There's an older preview at Merlindex's site that lists the full contents, including a new R manoeuvre deck for the Nieuport 16. At a guess, I'd think it's somewhere inbetween the Nieuport 11 and 17 decks (the 16 was an improved version of the 11 with a more powerful engine, performance about the same as the 17). The 16's that had their Lewis guns replaced with a deck-mounted Vickers were supposed to be very nose-heavy and far less manoeuvrable, so perhaps adding the rockets has a similar effect.
    Last edited by IRM; 01-06-2010 at 17:04.

Love those rockets!

Exclamation

I found an information about price of Balloon Busters set:
    - Gioching Scatola: 55.86 $
    - Ituoigiochi (but now, i can not to connect to the website): 39.9 €

It looks like big trouble for my wallet...

That is a little less then what we have seen mentioned in the past.

Right, 40 Euros, have to think about that carefully.

Edit: "This product will be in stock on Thursday 15 April, 2010."

Yeah, I just re-looked at that page and saw the "release" date as well. Wonder how accurate that is. I just talked to my source at FFG here in the US, and they are not showing any thing for Wings of War in their system. New stuff normally shows up for them 3 months in advance. So, it could be possible that that date is correct.

The price is quite hard. But the passion will win again, so let's hope the time will pass quickly!

It appears to be priced close to what the Deluxe sets cost, so I feel it is inline with the rest of the products.

Yes, but my opinion is that one balloon is not camparable with 3 planes. Moreover, many players want both ballons (becouse balance of battles) and then the price will not be so fine like it looks. I hope, Nexus will incluede C and D damage decks, becouse when I will buy two BB, I will not to buy extra Burning Drachens for another 27 €. But better 40 € then 50 €, of course.

The amount of plastic in one balloon is probably equal to three planes. You also have to think about the fact that most players will not actually buy one of these. That means they have to charge more for it so they can get their money back and make a profit on them knowing they will sell fewer copies of it.

I understand the principle and I am glad that ballons will be available like miniatures, but it doesn't solve problem of C a D damage decks

I thought of reading a rule to simulate those decks with the A and B cards. But still, I'm sure the cards will be included.

I still think 40m Euro is a little too much... But it won't stop my from buying...

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    Right, 40 Euros, have to think about that carefully.

Edit: "This product will be in stock on Thursday 15 April, 2010."
    Where did you find theese infos?

Quote Originally Posted by The Blue Baron View Post
    Where did you find theese infos?
    There is a red text bellow the photo with both balloons: "This product will be in stock on Thursday 15 April, 2010." on Giochin Scatola.

Edit: adding the link to website

Ah, OK. I thought maybe Scoop had seen it in a German shop...

Oh no, then I would have bought them, locked me in my room and giggled the whole day like a maniac

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    Oh no, then I would have bought them, locked me in my room and giggled the whole day like a maniac
    Not if the German shop said: "Versand ab 15.04."

What a cruel shop then :P

bigred3171

Default No joy on Ballon Busters...

Hi All,

Any word yet as to when Balloon Busters will be released to North America? From what I read Nexus was to release it in Jan 10, but still no joy...

Any news is appreciated!

BR

FFG says they are not soliciting it yet, which means it is at least 3 months out for them. However, the one site linked above says 15 April... which just happens to be tax day here in the US. lol

The balloon sets are on Fantasy Flight's website. US price $59.95

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ed...sem=2&esum=136

Quote Originally Posted by Potenza View Post
    The balloon sets are on Fantasy Flight's website. US price $59.95

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ed...sem=2&esum=136

Good Find!

$59.95 is a bit more than I hoped it would be even with a plane included they are asking $45 for the Ballon. I am sure the quality will b good compared to other stuff.

At $59.95 retail hopefully they will be available for $40-45 at my favorite online vendor.

Still going to take a good bite out of the wallet as one will cost as much or more than most games. I know where all my spare change i going for the next few months.

I think I'll try one of the 1/144 balloon kits from Armaments In Miniature before I shell out $60.

Users Country Flag

Name
    warren
    Sorties Flown

Default release date

does anyone know if the release date is jan or from what i hear april?

Latest from Fantasy Flight Games site is 1st quarter 2010.

John B

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. WGS: WWII Deluxe Set to be released in the US
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 01-27-2010, 15:34