Ares Games

Thread: Shapeways prices gone up?

Default Shapeways prices gone up?

I was actually thinking about picking up a couple of more FUD models to try and was surprised to see that the DR.I in FUD is up to USD $16.18 each!

Have they been steadily going up over the last year or so?

That sounds about par for the course for FUD - I've been paying upwards of $25 for some. You also have to factor in postage costs as well now.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    That sounds about par for the course for FUD - I've been paying upwards of $25 for some. You also have to factor in postage costs as well now.
    My $30 for a Nexus DVII don't seem so bad now that you put it that way. At least I get the deck and base in for the price.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    My $30 for a Nexus DVII don't seem so bad now that you put it that way. At least I get the deck and base in for the price.
    Rob.
    To quote someone, "Sheer madness".

Thats why most of us now buy the WSF as it is much, much cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Yeah, back when I ordered my two DR.Is, it they were only $25 shipped to me here in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Thats why most of us now buy the WSF as it is much, much cheaper.
    Yes, but that finish is not up to par for me

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Rob.
    A very good point Rob!

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Yeah, back when I ordered my two DR.Is, it they were only $25 shipped to me here in the US.
    There is the possibility that at the time you bought them the designer didn't know about mark-up.

Are they not now showing the prices with VAt (sales tax) added ?

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Are they not now showing the prices with VAt (sales tax) added ?
    Depends of you're logged in. If you're in Europe and logged in, then prices include VAT, otherwise they don't.

I'm do not know too much about the VAT. Do all Europeans pay the same amount or does it just depend on the country you bought the item? Do you also have an income tax?

Oooooohhhh talking about taxes.... mmmmm..... There are only two things that are certain in life: death and taxes.
    In Portugal taxes are taxing us a lot. We are in the middle of a financial crisis and our clever robber - sorry - politicians decided that one way to get out of the hole they made was to tax us more. Sorry, i can't go on with this conversation, I'm going to the W.C. to throw up.