Ares Games

Thread: Two in a Row - Bullets from Fiddler's Green

Default Two in a Row - Bullets from Fiddler's Green

After seeing and covet the double building of the Be2's by Ken, I decided that my next build would be a double build.

I'm going to the early stages of the war and I'll build two Morane-Saulnier Bullets now and next the Fokker Eindekers. Also two. No photos now because the batteries of my Nikon weren't cooperative enough. But soon I'll have some photos to post here.

EXCELLENT !

Now I will need to build more planes to keep up with you.

Ken

Making two models of the same plane at the same time reduces time in almost 50% than if done one after the other.

Cutting and glueing the wings and fuselage really give us the notion of how clever were these guys that built these first birds. Being there, in the beginning of everything without knowing that they were at the beginning of something great must have been a rare privilege.

Don't you feel that this enlarged image of two tiny seats has a kind of poetry in itself? Or is just me that should grab a beer and think not of this?!

I can almost already feel them flying and looking for an Eindecker...

The seat is on... Later today, or earlier tomorrow some more photos of my two new acquisitions. Ken?! I'm not listening you cutting and glueing and folding...

Oh the sweet sound of cutting, glueing and folding...
    Last edited by Blackronin; 04-28-2012 at 02:32. Reason: Re-uploading the lost photos!

So the Bullets build progresses. The propeller was cut and assembled. And the round engine was built twice.

I still can't believe how much easier it is to build twice the number of models.

Engine and propeller glued and we start to see why this plane got his nickname.

And all paper parts are finished. Now I only need to insert the pole and the cables. In this plane and in the Eindecker, I guess that the airframe cables are a must.

And a side view.

And another side view. I must do something to tell them apart during the game. A tail painting in one of them or just different numbers in the fuselage?

Almost finished. Next stop: 2 Eindeckers.
    My 1/144 paper planes number has just raised to 9.
    To the bar!!
    Last edited by Blackronin; 04-28-2012 at 02:35. Reason: Re-uploading the missing photos.

They look great !

Can't wait to see the Eindeckers.

Ken

Nice! Looking forward to the Eindeckers.

Very nice! Excellent work!

very nice I am really tempted to try my hand at some of these card models.

Quote Originally Posted by itchy View Post
    very nice I am really tempted to try my hand at some of these card models.
    Yes ! Try it, you'll like it.

Reminds me of some lyrics from the Tom Lehrer song about the old dope peddler:

He gives the kids free samples,
    Because he knows full well
    That today's young innocent faces
    Will be tomorrow's clientele.

Nice work especially with paper models.

Thanks, my friends. You should try the Fiddler's Green paper models. They are beautiful, easy to build and they look gorgeous at 1/144.

Re-uploaded the missing photos.

ahhh, nice to see someone else falling for the "build two at a time" ploy, just wait, next it will be three, then four, one for the new guy in the group, one for . . . suddenly you find yourself in a rubber room! But now there will be others there, maybe two at first, then another and another . . . the universe is really fractal. (and best served with a bit of crazy on the side.

Clipper, no longer feeling alone . . .

Happy to be in the rubber room with you, going crazy on wheel, propellers and wings!

This one's for you, maybe not the lyrics, but the sound.

Replace "In the jail house now" with "in the rubber room now".

Very nice work,thanks for the photos,by the way sanity is overated...