Ares Games

Thread: My projects to finish before Febuary 3rd!

Default My projects to finish before Febuary 3rd!

I need to build some 144 scale planes for my Midway games at the Williamsburg Muster!

They include two each TBD Devastator, SB2U Vindicator and Brewster Buffalo. one each SBD Dauntless, TBM Avenger , Zero Type 32 and an odd Aichi B7a2 to get it off the build shelf.

I ordered the white metal Buffalo, Devastator and Vindicator former True North now sold as Command Decision Miniatures. They arrived in time for Christmas!

I forgot the PBY to add to the list.

With the new builds i will field a total force of four each Wildcats. SBD and Zeros.
    That each two each B-17, B-26, Val, Kate, SB2U, TBD, TBM, Helldiver, and PBY. One odd Mitsubishi F1M Pete! That should be enough to generate some interesting games!

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_5850.jpg   100_5844.jpg   100_5847.jpg   100_5846.jpg   100_5849.jpg  

100_5843.jpg   100_5848.jpg   100_5845.jpg  

Nice find. That's a good company, I met them at Origins.
    As for me I will stay with 1/200. My next purchase is going to be the Buffalo. I can get it at AIM. Their really nice to work with.

Tom

Tom!

They needed some work but overall they are not bad! The AIM planes are very nice! They are now primed and will give them their light Gull gray underside in the morning! With any luck they should have the topside tomorrow afternoon!

Rich

Good luck with the build. Looking forward to the results.

Richard looking forward to the finished product.
    I think my wife wants me to get back into doing some modeling. Darla got me some modeling tools for Christmas and a magnify light on a stand. Now all I need it a small room to paint in. I might use the attic. I'm clearing a small section by a window so I can aim the paint spray out through a filter. Ken the Cowman showed me that trick. Hoping this summer to have it up and running.

Tom

Richard here is another site that has WW2 1/144 scale planes.
    Click here.

Tom

Rich,

Your force is building up nicely. I've ordered a pair of resin Buffaloes and have a flight of Cafereo SBDs which I'll repaint as A24 Banshees for use through the archipelago.

While I'm still resisting the temptation to go into white metal kits, you might also want to look at
    http://jacques.chaubet.free.fr/01modeles.htm
    which has both US and Japanese subjects including some quite obscure (in terms of model availability) beasts like the Lockheed PV1/2 Ventura and Mitsubishi A5M Claude, and lots of ugly French bombers!

Happy New Year!

BofB
    Last edited by Baldrick62; 12-27-2011 at 10:30.

Angry

Tom!

I would have had the upper surfaces painted today, i discovered the bottle dried up! A trip to Hobby Town solved that problem.

Rich

Baldrick!

I have a few white metal planes, mainly from lack of any Injected or resin kits! Their weight is a real draw back! Nice link i found that a while back, what currency dose he quote in?

P.S. I love the new signature block! My wife and and i went to see WAR HORSE today. Walking out i heard a couple ask when the British fought the Russians in WW1? I think they missed some of the movie????

Rich
    Last edited by 7eat51; 08-09-2013 at 11:36.

I hate when that happens.
    Well set back just one day.

Tom

Tom!

I am off to The Mariners Museum this morning in Newport News. That will kill the day. I do my painting on a potting bench in the back yard. That is weather and sun dependent! I hate the fumes the great outdoors helps with that. Definitely work on a indoor painting area!

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab View Post
    ... what currency does he quote in?
    Rich,

The site uses the (possibly soon to be defunct) Euro, with prices quoted for bare metal and painted kits. My first resin F2A3 Buffalo from Kamikoro has just turned up (along with a flight of 3 P36s for the 1940 Armee de l'Air) and although there is a fair amount of flash to clean up, on first inspection they look great, coming with both 'solid' resin and 'clear' vac-formed canopies.

I loved the stageplay of 'Warhorse', and although the shorts of the film look fantastic, think I'll stick with the original, particularly if it left some of the audience thinking either a/ it was set against the Bolsheviks in 1919 or b/ there were Russian troops fighting against the Entente on the Western Front during WWI (as opposed to the Russian unit attached to the French in 1916-17)!

All the best for the New Year,

BofB

Smile

Baldrick!

I assumed it was in Euros but the price was beyond belief. I thought is was the French version. Where you had to move the decimal point to get the true price!

Warhorse was a very nice yarn. About half way through i had to use the gents after watching the credits i asked my wife if i missed some aerial action while i was away. She told me no. In the credits they thank some reenacting unit that sounds like they do a RFC unit. This still confuses me!

Rich
    Last edited by 7eat51; 08-09-2013 at 11:37.

Thumbs up

Tom!

My co worker and i had a great time yesterday. Ships a few planes and a train layout tour! Back at the planes today! Top paint on and a coat of gloss coat! Now the hard part none of the decal sheet include the red and white rudder stripes!

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_1013.jpg   100_1019.jpg   100_1027.jpg   100_1024.jpg  

I didn't know that Command Decision made planes. I have a number of WWII infantry packs of theirs. If you play Flames of War the CD packs are much cheaper. I have to look for the planes when I go to Cold Wasr this year. I also have some planes from a company called SIMTAC but these are from a few years ago. So all have a Happy New Year.

Bob!

The Command Decision 144 planes line is new. The planes are not new, they are the former True North line.

Happy New Year!
    Rich