Ares Games

Thread: Any Facebook experts out there?

Default Any Facebook experts out there?

Any of you guys or gals fancy your self an expert with Facebook?

I am pretty fluent and active on Facebook ... as you know per conversations we have had before...
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Experienced yes. Expert? Hard to say. It's always changing, and you never know what may happen next. Like this latest "timelines" thing.

Are you looking for a way to connect facebook posts related to WoW to this forum? I've seen something like that in another forum.

I'm more interested in threads from the News & Announcement section getting posted (hopefully automatically) to the Wings of Glory Aerodrome Facebook page.

I think someone would have to write a Facebook app that basically pushed that info onto the Facebook page... that is outside of my expertise... but I could copy and paste if given access... it could be "manually" automatic...
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

I run several facebook site for our businesses & consider myself fairly capable. Would have to do some research on getting things to auto post or link. Most of what we do is daily manual updates & posts. Our mailorder sites allow posting & commenting from the product page.
    Last edited by Tommy Z; 12-15-2011 at 11:41.

Tommy, can you give me more info on this part "Our mailorder sites allow posting & commenting from the product page"?

A manual entry might not be that bad actually. I don't start new thread in this section very often and they are not always something that should be ported over to FB. I can even set this section of the site up so that an email gets sent whenever a new thread is started, so it would not have to be checked all the time.

You also have to be careful of Over-posting. I know when I start getting too many updates (a few of my friends in particular) I start hiding their posts and ignoring them. One seminar I read about said business facebook sites should be 60% general interaction & 40% Product/Sales related.

Yes, I read that as well. Looking over the last month, there is only like 4 threads that I would have cross posted to FB... and none of the posts in the thread would be moved over, just the initial post to get people looking here.

As a short term approach I guess I could manually post links through the Air Wargames Society page until you implement an approved solution? If that sounds Ok PM me the threads and I can do it pretty quickly

David, I already have a Wings of Glory Aerodrome page setup, so they can be posted via that. I just have to decide what all I really want to include.

I guess this should be the point where I chime in with a "there's a Wings of Glory Aerodrome facebook site?!?!"

Yep Hopefully that link works... I really suck at FB