Ares Games

Thread: Reviresco AEG GIV pictures

Default Reviresco AEG GIV pictures

Took me a few days longer than I expected to put it together, but as promised on a previous thread here's my AEG. It's sturdy enough for gaming using the supplied pewter struts. The hex camo is done with Reveresco decals(not supplied with kit).

And a size comparison with a Red Eagle Fokker Dr1
    Last edited by IRM; 01-04-2010 at 18:03.

Thanks, just need to sort out some stats and make a flight stand for it now. I think I read somewhere that the bomber cards in Flight of Giants are going to be the same size as the balloon cards. Do you know if that's correct ?

It does look good. How well will it hold on stands?

I've heard that the bombers will be on balloon sized cards, but I've not seen it confirmed as true.

Quote Originally Posted by usmc1855 View Post
    It does look good. How well will it hold on stands?
    It's not too heavy, but I'm more concerned with stability with the large wingspan. That's one reason I'm looking at making a larger than normal base for it. The stem is going to be one-piece perspex rod, four pegs high from base to lower wing. The tail gunner can also fire from a belly hatch so it's only going to be losing height if it's crashing and it's likely going to have a climb rate of 8 or so (climb rate is about 600ft/min, need some comparison stats to pick an appropriate climb score. Speed's the same as the RE8).
    Last edited by IRM; 01-05-2010 at 00:05.

Name
    Victor
    Sorties Flown

I've read that the AEG G IV was made with welded steel tubing and could take alot of punishment, although the weight of the a/c meant that it couldn't carry a large payload. Also it looks like it affected the rate of climb. We play it using the k deck with no sideslips, and 24 damage.

The payload of the GIV was around 800-900lbs, expect that given it's role as a tactical bomber it'd usually carry a mix of small bombs and grenades. I was looking at using the K deck as well, but only allowing 1 turn or sideslip card each turn. Your damage is around what I was planning too, but I'm adding extra rules about special damage for twin-engined planes and multiple gunners (knock out 1 engine or damage both and the plane has to make a forced landing, engine and gunners hit according to the base edge the firer's LOS runs through at the same level and perhaps odd/even if both can be targeted and/or the plane is a full level above/below. Have to check the special damage cards and playtest the rules a bit more). That should do until the Flight Of Giants rules appear.

Might take a look at doing stats for the K model too. It had a pair of Becker 20mm automatic cannon fitted, one through the nose (fired by the front MG gunner) and one replacing the rear gun. It was also more heavily armoured, including the engines, since it was intended to be used as a tankbuster. WW1equivalent of the A-10 Pity it never actually saw service, although a handful were flight tested.
    Last edited by IRM; 01-05-2010 at 00:39.

Thanks for putting that up Ian, I will now add a couple to my list for later in the year. I am awaiting two balloons from Armaments in Miniature at the moment.

kaarem

Thank you for an interesting thread.

I've just ordered two AEG's from Skytrex and was looking for a way to include them in WoW.

I think that your ideas of manouvrecard deck and damage seema approriate and will playtest them when I get the planes and get them build.

Alas - the deliverytime from Skytrex isn't of the jetage and my construction time can also be long.

I'll be back, if and when I can add to this discussion.

Regards
    Kaare Myltoft

Name
    Victor
    Sorties Flown

We just play the engine damage rules as writen with the AEG GIV. We figure if both are damaged or one is knocked out, that thing is coming down. No real need to make special rules for it yet.

I was taking some screenshots to use as painting guides for some Jasta 2 Albatros D3s I'm working on. I took a shot of an in-game AEG while I was at it, thought it might be useful to those of you intending to build some, especially the engine mountings. It's from "First Eagles", pretty lightweight as a sim but great fun and it costs less than $10 to download. Masses of third-party planes, skins and missions too.

Similar Missions

1. Dawn Patrol Pictures
    By Zeppelin in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-23-2010, 09:14
  2. Reviresco Kits
    By Mackenzie in forum Metal and Resin Models
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-10-2010, 15:02
  3. Reviresco come through!
    By Belis4rius in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 8