Ares Games

Thread: Where do you play?

Exclamation Where do you play?

Hello California Pilots,

I'm trying to organize the California squadron and I want to know where you play. Do you play at a Local Game Store (LGS); community building (like a school or church); or at home? We may have to consolidate flights and still play at our favorite LGS. For example, Burbank and Pasadena pilots can still play at Green Knight and Game Empire respectivley, but have those pilots under one flight.

I'm thinking of using Fresno as the dividing line. Fresno and all communities south will be SoCal Sector and all communities north of Fresno will be the NorCal sector.

Please reply and let me know where you play and what you think.

Sincerely,
    Frank.

Fresno seems like a reasonable dividing line. I play at Emerald Knights in Burbank, and we could be listed with Andrew from Game Empire Pasadena as one flight. They are a bit more active than we are, as we have been unsuccessful the few demos we have run in Burbank, so I would be fine with Andrew being the main point of contact.

Emerald Knights is also my main play venue (though I've had very little time to play there lately!). My family also plays occasionally at home. I'm certainly OK consolidating Burbank and Pasadena into one flight, as I have friends who play at both venues.

Good Day Captain,
    I am located in South Orange County CA. I normally play at home. There are a few gaming stores around, the biggest one is Brookhurst Hobbies in Garden Grove if that would fall under the LGS.

Let me know,

Cheers,
    George

I Play mostly at the LGS. Rest of the time its at someones house.
    that goes for the Modesto flight

We play mostly at homes but sometimes we play at our Sacramento Historical War Games club.

tumbleweed

I'm just getting into the game now (great timing i know). I live in Sacramento right now, but will be moving to Concord in a few months. In Sacramento, Great Escapes Games has a large gaming area, as does Black Diamond Games in Corcord.

Thanks for the e-mail invite. Sadly, I have not stores nearby to play at. Usually it's just when some friends get together. I live out on the central coast (Santa Maria), and their is not much in the way of game shops. The only one in the area is a Warhammer/MtG store pretty much.

CptGrimstar

I'm in Valencia, but play at both emerald knights and Game Empire. I'm good with consolidating to Game Empire

Users Country Flag

Name
    David
    Sorties Flown

I live in Los Angeles by Santa Monica and have just played with Friends. I'd play at the upcoming game conventions in LA if they have WOG.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for replying. As you can see we're scattered about the state. How far are you willing to travel to play once a week? It seems to me the two main areas are LA and Sacremento. We already have a flightleader in Modesto to build up that area. How about you? Are you willing to build in your local area? I think we should have a minimum of 6 regular pilots to have an established flight.

I know we all have fun playing the game, but wouldn't be great to have 4 on 4; or even better 6 on 6?!

Lets all pitch in and have a really fun time.

VG

Hey Frank, didn't see this post when I listed the Wednesday sortie! I am available and willing to fly 2 times a month at Game Empire Pasadena!
    Last edited by Von Hinnebusch; 12-19-2011 at 15:12. Reason: my bad spelling!

Thanks Andrew.

I replied to your thread and I'll be there on the 21st.

Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by Spandaugunner View Post
    Good Day Captain,
    I am located in South Orange County CA. I normally play at home. There are a few gaming stores around, the biggest one is Brookhurst Hobbies in Garden Grove if that would fall under the LGS.

Let me know,

Cheers,
    George
    Hi George. I often went to Brookhurst Hobbies when I lived in Orange to shop for minis, but I didn't know they held games there. They told me there was not interest.

Brookhurst Hobbies was the best LGS in the Orange area. Do you want to travel to Pasadena? Maybe we can start a flight in Orange!

Frank.

CptGrimstar

My dad and I can make orang co. on the weekends if we have advanced notice.

Finns69

Hello all just thought I would check in kinda new to wow.me and my son have sparked our interest in the game again. We live in torrance ca. Is the game out of print print changed ownership , alittle confused on some things. I see it refered to as wog as well. Trying to find a retailer here in so cal if anyone can help.
    Thanks.
    Bill and kyle

CptGrimstar

The original company went under, so whatever you find online or on shelves and LGS is it. A new company called Ares games purchased the rights, so they changed the name to "wings of glory" the wow minis will work with the new release of minis. Supposed to be 1st-2nd quarter 2012.

Hi Bill,

Welcome to the aerodrome. You may want to get a hold of George (aka Spandaugunner) who plays at Brookhurst Hobbies. Maybe we can set up a game date and fly a few combat sorties.

Have Fun,
    Frank.

Finns69

Thanks Frank i will try to get ahold of George.Ive Been to brookhurst hobbies a few years ago pretty cool place.

Hi All,

Between Patrick, Bill and George we can have a great air battle in Orange. I'll post a thread for next month and see who can attend.

Frank.

Being in the East Bay of the San Francisco Bay Area, I'm pretty spoiled for places to play.

There's Endgame Oakland and Games of Berkeley both close by...

Anything/anyone going on the SF side of the bay? Looking for some kinda campaign action as well

Being in Sacramento, I usually only get to the bay area for conventions. We game once a month usually around the middle of the month at various libraries, you can't beat the price. January's meeting is on the 14th from 10-? at the Rancho Cordova Library. No game has been selected yet. For details checkout the club's Yahoo group, SHWG, Sacramento Historical War Gamers.

Hey here in modesto we only have LGS(Kriers games and cards). Weds. and Mon. nights. if you want a weekend game ? Send me a message well work thigns out.

The Sacramento Historical Wargame Group (SHWG) occassionally plays Wings of War, Canvas Eagles, or Check Your 6! We also occassionally play Ancients land and sea, ACW land and sea, Napoleonic land and sea battles, etc. Check the website and forum to see when, where, and what is planned:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/S_H_W_G/

Hey all, if anyone is interested, there will be some dogfights on Feb 22 at Game Empire Pasadena! Hope you can all make it!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Christopher
    Sorties Flown

Hello, Christopher Here.
    I live in Huntington Beach California. But run two monthly events for the Historical Miniatures Gaming Society Pacific Southwest chapter.

The first venue is at the Guild House in Bellflower Ca http://theguildhousegames.com/ and we meet there on the 4th Sunday of the month at around 12:30 PM. we play WW1.

And starting in Jan 2017 at Brookhurst Hobbies on the 3rd Sunday of the month same starting time at their new Gaming Hall

I also run the Facebook site "Wings of Glory Southern California " https://www.facebook.com/groups/325577134473203/

Feel free to contact me directly at Chrislundgren40@Yahoo.com