Ares Games
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Flight of Giants

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Very odd - I thought you guys usually get stuff before the Americans, let alone us Brits (who are pretty much bottom of the food chain thanks to the odd distribution network....)

Users Country Flag

Name
    Eric
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Dom S View Post
    Very odd - I thought you guys usually get stuff before the Americans, let alone us Brits (who are pretty much bottom of the food chain thanks to the odd distribution network....)
    Well, just maybe they blundered with the german Instructions.....

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andy
    Sorties Flown

I picked up FotG, Hit & Run and Crossfire at my local games store in Bristol yesterday. Very pleased with all of them and it will be nice to have the SE5a and Bristol Fighter on table at the same time.

The shop manager told me he expects to have the series 4 planes in stock next week.

Cheers,
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by AndyT View Post
    I picked up FotG, Hit & Run and Crossfire at my local games store in Bristol yesterday. Very pleased with all of them and it will be nice to have the SE5a and Bristol Fighter on table at the same time.

The shop manager told me he expects to have the series 4 planes in stock next week.

Cheers,
    Andy
    That is very interesting news indeed Andy. If your shopkeeper is correct he will have stolen a march on everyone. I wonder how he got his information on series four?
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andy
    Sorties Flown

The store manager may well have got it wrong. His expertise is RPGs and comics not wargames as such so perhaps he has confused Series 4 planes with something else (Series 1 reprint?).

If I hear any more news I'll let you know.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

I'd love to think he's right, but frankly, umm, I don't.... Given the nature of the distribution network, it's pretty much inconceivable that it could be out in the UK without already having been released at least a week or two ago elsewhere....

We know Series 4 will be out after the new Deluxe set, and Andrea has told me that it is not due out until August/Sept in Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj View Post
    We know Series 4 will be out after the new Deluxe set, and Andrea has told me that it is not due out until August/Sept in Italy.
    I bet you wish you had a pint for every time you have told us that Col. You know what it is like. The nearer the release date comes, the more twitchy the lads trigger finger gets on the old keyboard.
    Rob.

I'm just as itchy as everyone else!

Diamat

I too received FotG, Crossfire and Hit & Run yesterday, and tore into them immediately. Another high-quality set of releases, although I was thrown a bit by the way the plane and deck cards were presented in the blister packs: a few planes, a few cards, repeat!

I was grateful for the 'official' altitude cards, too.

FotG looks meatier than I was expecting in terms of rules. I for one am grateful that the plane cards (which are double sided, and come in two sizes) aren't on board. The card stock FFG has used is flexible, but resilient - it's just the job, I think.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting it on the table soon. Drowning in IRL work at the moment, but that should all be over by the end of the month.

I was grateful for the 'official' altitude cards, too.

Yes they are a useful addition . I hope they are included in all future releases, so that both sides have access to a copy, without us having to print our own. However well we do it they never seem quite like the real thing. Oh the finish, the finish.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyT View Post

Cheers,
    Andy
    Hi

quick query. I visit Bristol often can you tell me which shop you are using as mine is a bit hit and miss with WOW. owner dosent think pre painted minis are proper war game materials

hi ho

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Bigman; 08-21-2010 at 11:10. Reason: spelling

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andy
    Sorties Flown

Hi Bigman

I go to Area 51 on the Gloucester Road. He doesn't have a lot of stock because his main interests are board games, comics and RPGs but he will order stuff for you if its not on the shelves.

Cheers,
    Andy

Does anyone know when those bombers will arrive in Germany? I've ordered the box about half a year ago and my local dealer still says that no one knowns when it will come out.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

No real idea (as the boxed sets mean commissioning a separate edition for different languages) but I'd take a blind guess that given how important Spiel in Essen is to German firms, getting it out in time for that (late October) would make sense for a German distributor....

That makes sense - so I would expect another six months Since Nexus showed the ballons on the last "Spiel" con in Essen, it took about that long until we got them here.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Hopefully it'll be a bit quicker this time - if nothing else, the fact that it's all printed matter rather than models should reduce the production lead time quite a lot....

And we have had the English version for over a month now.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Yeah, I still can't get over the novelty of us in the UK actually getting product *before* large chunks of mainland Europe.... Until the last couple of releases it's always seemed to be Italy, then Continental Europe, then North America, with UK and the ANZACs last.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Similar Missions

1. WGF: Series 4 Miniatures
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 308
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 05:00
  2. WGF: Hit & Run booster
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-10-2010, 09:50
  3. WGF: Crossfire booster