Ares Games

Thread: Use the same maneuver decks?

Default Use the same maneuver decks?

When switching over to a 1/144 game of WWII am I supposed to use the same decks for maneuvers? I was thinking maybe they would be too small for the planes, but need some advice from the 1/144 players out there.

try enlarging the cards...

As far as I can remember I think it's more the base rather than the miniature that counts.
    I don't think figure scale comes into it, however I may well be wrong and patiently await correction!!

Thumbs up

Michael!

I have no trouble using the Litko bases using 144 scale planes. They like the AA bases are the same size as the cards!

They photos of 144 scale planes in games!

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_4715.jpg   100_4723.jpg  

Thats they way we're playing it seems to work fine.

Not much experience here, but we did play two nights of 1/144 action on regular bases and with no problems at all. Lloyd

Thumbs up

Loyd!

You are correct! Using 144 scale planes is not a problem! These shots are of recent 144 games!

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_6139.jpg   100_6134.jpg  

me-109

Default 144th wings of war

Quote Originally Posted by alpine View Post
    When switching over to a 1/144 game of WWII am I supposed to use the same decks for maneuvers? I was thinking maybe they would be too small for the planes, but need some advice from the 1/144 players out there.
    Hi
    I use 144th and I have done for years, - I found the manoeuvre deck is ok , but because of the model size (especially when you get to bombers like the Heinkel III) it can get a bit crowded so I increased the length of the shooting stick from 6" long to 9" long , it gives you a bit more separation.

I have been playing aerial dogfight by email with a diverse bunch , all over the world , attached is my latest 1940 scrap - its only turn 1
    these are all 144th , you can see the length of the shooting stick near the bottom of the picture.

things are about to get messy as he hurricanes take on the me110s and the spitfires hit the 109s.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails turn 1.jpg  

I don't know about the 1:144 scale but have played 1:300th jets on the 1:200th cards which seems to work quite well.

me-109

Default playing in different scales

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    I don't know about the 1:144 scale but have played 1:300th jets on the 1:200th cards which seems to work quite well.
    actually that probably that would be better, especially if using big bombers like lancs and b17 as the scale would be more accurate and have more space for aircraft.