Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PLEASE READ: This is my 3000th post on the WoG Aerodrome...

Good idea Joaquim.We could cut down on pictures by combining the significant place with the one of the person holding it.
    Three of something seems to tie into the ethos of WoG.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Good idea Joaquim.We could cut down on pictures by combining the significant place with the one of the person holding it.
    Three of something seems to tie into the ethos of WoG.
    Rob.
    Three seems fine to me. When I am creating a new project I'm always for the overkill and then streamline things down.

Thumbs up

Sounds like a "cunning plan" as Balders would say.
    We are big on "Cows" here in Moruya (although they tend to be Black Angus) but the Cowplane would feel right at home & we could take a pic on the Bridge over the Moruya River with the Great Dividing Range in the background.

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Well, if it came to Arizona I'd volunteer to take it to the Grand Canyon and take picture of it there.

Users Country Flag

Blog Entries
    Name
    Robin
    Sorties Flown

Hi Ken I was not aware of the "Help Ken Fund" But the reaction of all those aerodrome flier's shows what esteem you are held in.Your story reads like a book,pain suffering & courage,an inspiration to all. I could not say more than anything that has already been said.So I wish you all the best for the future,an Ace of Ace's, May your engine "hum" sweetly, your undercarriage Stand the shocks & your guns never jam !!
    Best Wishes From the county of Devon in South West England. Robin

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Sounds like a "cunning plan" as Balders would say.
    We are big on "Cows" here in Moruya (although they tend to be Black Angus) but the Cowplane would feel right at home & we could take a pic on the Bridge over the Moruya River with the Great Dividing Range in the background.
    Could be fun.

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

What's the status on the cow plane making a world tour? I would like to take a photo or 3 of it and pass them on. If people are still doing it.

The world tour was eventually made by a Caproni with a crew of Penguins Dale.

See here for the full story:-

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...12-2013/page21

Rob.

Necro-thread!

The last posting on it, before yesterday, was by Hunter, post #54, which was three years ago.

As I mentioned Tim the Flight was made after a fashion, and as new members were not aware of the History of this I felt it was worth running with instead of my just closing the thread.
    Rob.

Rob.
    Penguins?? Caproni?? Did I miss that? Nurse!
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Penguins?? Caproni?? Did I miss that? Nurse!
    Just put it down to your medication or my G&Ts Squadron Leader.
    Kyte.

Colman I sorry to hear about your condition. We have spoken in the past. I have not played in long while. Players are hard to find Il. What do want today is say Psalm 91. It is the prayer of protecting God will honor it.

Just put it down to your medication or my G&Ts Squadron Leader.
    Kyte.

It could, I suppose, have been a combination of both WingCo... G&Ts and a little something for the back have found me flying a dawn OP out over the lines without a clear memory of leaving the barn.

Damn, curses and all that rot; missed the flight...did they make it? The penguins...did they make it?
    See you on the Dark Side......

Rob.
    Ya know Rob, I would still be willing to send a Cowplane or two on a world tour. I would even be willing to do the coordination. I am also very seriously considering painting up a D.VII in the next two weeks for the current contest. I would NOT expect it to win or even place... but I was thinking that I would donate it to a 2016 lend lease Raffle afterward. I am also considering a prize donation of considerable value for one of the raffles. I just have to work out the details with Keith soon. It would be a gesture to give a little back of what our group has done for me. I might not be around were it not for my family here!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Necro-thread!

The last posting on it, before yesterday, was by Hunter, post #54, which was three years ago.
    As I mentioned Tim the Flight was made after a fashion, and as new members were not aware of the History of this I felt it was worth running with instead of my just closing the thread.
    Rob.
    Yes this IS a necrothread. However I think the original post in the thread makes a statement about this group that STILL rings very true. I would prefer it NOT be closed. A lot of the older threads around here are worth taking a look at if you have never seen them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Colman I sorry to hear about your condition. We have spoken in the past. I have not played in long while. Players are hard to find Il. What do want today is say Psalm 91. It is the prayer of protecting God will honor it.
    Thank you William! While I am doing a little better healthwise than I was before, it is still an ongoing process. I will gladly take any protection and prayers out there! I know that over the past two years or so I have posted very little. I have had a lot going in healthwise in my life. However, I am still here, and actually have been doing quite a bit behind the scenes. Our presence at the Origins Games Fair is my baby and requires a TON of coordination and planning. As I heal and my health improves, I hope to take back my Awards Adjunct responsibilities, and let Eric off the hook. I also hope to become a bigger presence in the threads once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Damn, curses and all that rot; missed the flight...did they make it? The penguins...did they make it?
    Neil you goofball... (Goofball's are my favorite kind of people!) Of course the penguins made it! As you well know, they, and the Caproni, were raffled off last year to help raise the funds used to bring you over here to wreak hilarious havoc at the 2015 Origins Games Fair. Ohio misses you! The little flightless, tuxedo wearing birds and the Caproni are now in the care of richard m. schwab. Long may they protect the skies over Virginia!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

How nice to reminisce about the past Ken.
    It is surprising just how many memories we have all collected after just six years here on the Drome. Some good, some not so good and some just plain mad, but all part of this great community.
    Yuo reminded me that I missed a trick whilst in Virginia last Spring. I should have got Richard to reunite me with the crew of the Caproni for old times sake.
    Glad to hear that you are feeling more chipper old friend.
    Post again soon.
    Fly safe.
    Rob.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12