Ares Games

Thread: WGS Airplane Packs coming soon.

Default WGS Airplane Packs coming soon.

Hello everybody.

The first 8 airplane packs should be released in a very few weeks.

Some historical notes about them are being released on the Ares site:

http://www.aresgames.eu/1800

http://www.aresgames.eu/1953

http://www.aresgames.eu/1900

All the best,

Andrea

Some more good news from Andrea guys. I can hardly wait.

Tom

Good to see a move is afoot at last. Mind you Ares must have got their finger out to have got this far so quickly.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Good news for Christmas; however, I hope they change their sales methods for later releases. If they keep forcing retailers to buy 6 at a crack, I'll have to find other sources for buying, as I don't want to stick my FLGS owner with extra stock.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Look forward to the models, it is nice to see that the 1200 scal ships will be pre painted

Andrea said they would be.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tom
    Sorties Flown

OK I'm lost, where is the information on 6 per pack and 1/1200 scale ships?
    trumpetman52

Quote Originally Posted by trumpetman52 View Post
    OK I'm lost, where is the information on 6 per pack and 1/1200 scale ships?
    trumpetman52
    Here is one ref Tom.

http://www.aresgames.eu/1866

And here is the other at the bottom of the page.

http://www.aresgames.eu/218

Rob.

JUST in time for me not to have the cash for them... WWAAAHHH WWAUUUGGHH WWWUUUUGGGHH! Somebody save me a couple... LOL! Hopefully Ares will be good at the restocking game!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Quote Originally Posted by The Cowman View Post
    JUST in time for me not to have the cash for them... WWAAAHHH WWAUUUGGHH WWWUUUUGGGHH! Somebody save me a couple... LOL! Hopefully Ares will be good at the restocking game!
    Same here Cowman

Users Country Flag

Name
    Lucas
    Sorties Flown

Who else is going to repaint all of the Sails of Glory ships to be pirates?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Ninja View Post
    Have to wait to see if the make any small enough to be pirates; don't remember any pirates running around in frigates and SOLs
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Ninja View Post
    I prefer the term Privateer....thank you.

The historical notes are a lot of fun to read. Thanks for posting the links.

Has anyone noticed that the single plane releases for WGS have been pushed back 2 months? When first announced, Ares said they would be out in November. Andrea just posted they are only a few weeks out, but the Ares web site shows them as January releases.... not sure which is the most accurate

Users Country Flag

Name
    Lucas
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Have to wait to see if the make any small enough to be pirates; don't remember any pirates running around in frigates and SOLs
    Karl
    AAAARRRRGGGGG! Who cares about historical accuracy when you have a pirate ship!!!!!

As G.B. did not recognise the U.S.A. as a legit government at the time of the Revolution, would they have considered John Paul Jones as a pirate, or as a privateer?
    Rob.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Lucas
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    As G.B. did not recognise the U.S.A. as a legit government at the time of the Revolution, would they have considered John Paul Jones as a pirate, or as a privateer?
    Rob.
    Most "more powerful" governments typically view non-legit fighting forces as illegal as they can. So probably a pirate.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Has anyone noticed that the single plane releases for WGS have been pushed back 2 months? When first announced, Ares said they would be out in November. Andrea just posted they are only a few weeks out, but the Ares web site shows them as January releases.... not sure which is the most accurate
    I didn't notice it until you pointed it out.

>>>sigh<<<

Checked with my LFGS Monday; still not orderable yet from Alliance. Bit the tiger's tail, and ordered a 6 pack, so as not to leave him with the extras. I'll just have to re-paint the North African ones.
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    He was, in fact, classed a "pirate" by the British: http://www.art.com/products/p1405518...paul-jones.htm .

But then, piracy is like treason -- it only happens to Losers.

Awwww, the history for the P40 is very good, but they don't credit 112 Squadron RAF with coming up with the sharkmouth design, latter copied by the Flying Tigers. Oh well

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Z View Post
    I prefer the term Privateer....thank you.

Most appropriate Karl good song to!

I heard that for the first time about 30 years ago; it's been mercilessly filked in both my re-enactment groups, and certainly others.
    Karl
    Last edited by Jager; 11-20-2011 at 06:37. Reason: sp

Maybe they will come out with a trucking game using 18-wheelers and cop cars...
    Here's the theme music for it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FqoiRgMpeM

It could happen
    Tom

I had no idea we were so musical here. And I have no idea how we got to this very musical place from "WGS Airplane Packs coming soon."

Has anyone ever heard of "Dos Gringos"?

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by The Cowman View Post
    Hopefully.