Ares Games
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: An honored member needs our help - win some minis!

Default An honored member needs our help - win some minis!

Raffle sales are now closed!!

Our honored member and friend, Ken "The Cowman" Head, has found him self in need of our help and support.

As many of you know, Ken has multiple health issues that effect his daily life. These issue have recently placed him in a situation where he has to move on rather short notice.

Ken has always given freely help and advice here on the site and in the real world to anyone that needed it. He as always shown the utmost respect and comradeship to everyone one here at the Wings of War Aerodrome.

With the help of brelly (Paul), I would like to take this time to help Ken out in return.

Paul has graciously donated his recent "Spirit of St. Nick" SPAD XI build to this cause.

Prize Sets

Set 1 Received by Wargamer
    SPAD XI "Spirit of St. Nick"
    Wings of War Barker Camel

Set 2 Selected by Attila57 and given back to Ken.
    "Cowman" Camel card stock miniature

Set 3 Received by Jager
    Wings of War Bishop SE5a

Set 4 - Selected by Willi Von Klugermann
    Custom painted Pfaltz D.III "Red Heart"

Set 5 Won by Canuck
    Custom Fokker Decals for:
    Jacobs(Dr.1)
    Jacobs (D7)
    Loernzer (D7)
    Menchenov (D7)
    Buchner (D7)

Here is how this will work. I will hold an old fashion raffle for the two miniatures. For every $5 that you donate to the site, you will receive 1 raffle ticket. I have a whole roll of tickets and when I receive a donation, I will PM the member the number on the ticket. All tickets will go into a container and one of my step-daughters will draw the winning ticket. The winner will be contacted via PM for shipping information (shipping covered by Paul and I).

All of the donations that I receive during that time will be sent on to Ken to help him out with his move.

Important! When you make your donations, please Send me a PM stating how much you donated. This will help make sure everyone gets their medals. It may take me up to 24 hours to PM your raffle numbers to you, so please allow that amount of time before contacting me about them.

If any of the members in the US would also like to contribute a little more, please PM The Cowman for details on what household items you can send him.

Thanks to each and everyone of you that can help out!

How do we mail our donations Herr Oberst?
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

If you are wanting to mail physical items to Ken, you should PM him for the details.

Rob and Andrzej, I have sent you a PM.

Keith, from the bottom of my heart, Thank you so much! Santa looks awesome!!!
    Last edited by The Cowman; 11-15-2011 at 05:36.
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Count me in Herr Oberst - what a cracking good idea !

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

I'd like to buy raffle tickets. How do i do that?

Just make a donation for the site and PM Herr Oberst that you are buying the tickets. Easy.

Figured it out. tickets bought

what a great idea.. and I am a sucker for a raffle.. great planes to have in our barns.. heres to ya Ken..

TheValkyrie

Thank you all so much for helping out my Uncle Kenny (Ken)! He means the world to me, and I don't think I would be who I am without his influence and guidence. Seeing all of this support for him is wonderful. I don't think I could have joined a better gaming community.

~Jill

Jill
    we think your Uncle is a pretty awesome guy... and it is our pleasure to lend a hand where it's needed.. I must admit, I too am glad to be part of such a caring and giving group of people..

I'm in!
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

To repeat others this is a good idea and I am in. Good luck Ken from the Queensland Flight.

Hope I could help a little.

Hals und Beinbruch Ken!

Matthias

Wonderful idea, glad to have the chance to help Ken out even a little. Donation sent.

With Keith's permission I would like to donate a third mini as a second prize for this raffle. I can't begin to properly thank those of you who have donated ... but very soon I will give it a go with words...

This mini was built for me by Getter1 a month or so ago and is one of the most unique in my collection, both for its "paint scheme" and for the fact that it is made COMPLETELY from paper. You can't tell.... but it is true. The man is amazing with Paper! See for yourself:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2274.JPG 
Views:	324 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	27002

Name:	100_2272.JPG 
Views:	334 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	27001

Name:	100_2273.JPG 
Views:	319 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	27000

Name:	100_2275.JPG 
Views:	315 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	26999
    Last edited by The Cowman; 11-15-2011 at 17:44.
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Thanks for everyone's support! I've added two new prizes to the first post, so make sure to go back and check it out! Also, make sure to post about this on all your local and international gaming sites! Let's get the word out as much as we can!!

Donation sent! Quick question, does the raffle winner receive all 4 planes or will they be separated?

As it stands now, the winner would get all 4 planes. If you guys prefer, we could separate them out to spread the love some more???

I think you could separate them to spread to love some more. For example 1°-2°award (or 1° award) the exclusive custom minis ("Spirit of St. Nick" SPAD XI 2° award "Cowman" Camel) and 3°-4° (or 2°) award the other two minis.

But the raffle is a mere pretext.The award is to help Ken and we all will be winners participating. So, as you prefer.

Attilio

LOL, I sort of want to win that Cowman Camel!

Maybe you could have 4 winners and allow the first ticket first choice, 2nd ticket second choice etc.

I'm not really in a financial place to make a donation right now, but I sent Ken a PM to see if there's anything I can do or contribute upon his arrival in Ohio.

Great to see so many people watching Ken's six
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Great to see so many people watching Ken's six
    and I hope that they will rise again

I'm in; have to keep those cows flying
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Attila57 View Post
    I think you could separate them to spread to love some more. For example 1°-2°award (or 1° award) the exclusive custom minis ("Spirit of St. Nick" SPAD XI 2° award "Cowman" Camel) and 3°-4° (or 2°) award the other two minis.

But the raffle is a mere pretext.The award is to help Ken and we all will be winners participating. So, as you prefer.

Attilio
    Well said. My compliments.

I really have NO say in this... and am still completely humbled.... It was my intention to offer the Cowmel as a "second " prize... just thought I would mention. The Boss has the final say of course. I am gonna go back to being humbled...
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

It is an honor and privilege to be offered the opportunity to support The Cowman!

Obviously with a St. Nick (nomen est omen) and a Cowmel (like that name - my daughter would love the plane) at stake I have to join in. All the best to Cowman!

Is there a plane card for the Cowmel?

A lot of drops fill the ocean... just added mine

Quote Originally Posted by Niek_vD View Post
    Obviously with a St. Nick (nomen est omen) and a Cowmel (like that name - my daughter would love the plane) at stake I have to join in. All the best to Cowman!

Is there a plane card for the Cowmel?
    I will have to come up with one in the next couple of days.... Will take an overhead pic and create a card from that.
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Ken, I'll see if I can get Alan on this for you... should be a quick edit for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Ken, I'll see if I can get Alan on this for you... should be a quick edit for him.
    Roger that and thanks... will look better too if he does it!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

makes my heart swell to see this outpouring of support.. and .. I too would love a Cowmel in my hanger... might have to see if I can build my own Cowmel.. lol.. I think it's a great idea to add to the prizes.. splitting them up to go the farthest..

Hi Col, I have a budget crunch right now and would love to donate!!! Is it possible to keep this raffle open until Nov 23, drawing on the 24th??? It would be an honor to have Ken's Cow Camel flying in our games, and an even bigger honor to help out a fellow pilot!!!!!! Either way, we are here to help Ken, and it makes me proud to see everyone chipping in!!!

Caught me at a bad time, but I'll take two tickets.

Hope things work out well for you Ken.

Donation inbound!
    Let me know if you need anything else Ken.

Voss

I'm in for (2)

Default Donate.. Pfalz Red Heart.

I will donate a Wings of War Pfalz DIIIa Red Heart. It is currently on eBay for sale. I will custom a duplicate for the winner. Look under : calfaber
    Or this link: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/170727577889?...84.m1555.l2649
    Will come with the Hahn cards in box as new.

Instead of the two tickets.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast