Ares Games

Thread: WWI Collection for sale

iceman

Default WWI Collection for sale

Guys

I hate to do this, but I'm looking to sell all of my Wings of War collection. With so little time at the moment and that is taken up with other aspects of our hobby.

When we played as a group we would like to fly in flights and so to help differentiate on the table top I decided to individualize my miniatures. Being somewhat anal, I also wanted them to be representative of actual events, so decided to use Dom Decals and re-paint the models as specific Jasta or Squadrons.

I did the Fokker Dr1 as Jasta 19 using the Rahn model as the base, although as you can see none of them are actually Rahn, I figured as with the other models that as this is a supplied miniature, there could well be a few around. I also have 3 Jasta 15 Fokker Vii, based on Shafer, but not his aircraft.

I did also plan on doing the Snipes and bought the 4th Australian decals, but never got around to it.

With Udet (Red/White) I have re-painted, ensure that the lozenge and the stripes are painted right to the leading and trailing edges. The paints used are authenic WW1 colours from an Italian company (can't remember the name.)

Before listing on Ebay or taking to my local Gaming Show for the Bring & Buy, I thought I'd offer it up to the community.

All models are used, but the cards and stands are complete.

I did buy the normal Wings of War box as well as Burning Drachens, so have all counters and 7 control boards. Plus I have 2 sets of booster cards, can't recall there names, but are the sets that have the Fokker Eindecker in it amongst others as well as the SE5 before it was released as a mini.

3 Fokker Dr1 Jasta 19 Sold
    3 Fokker Vii Jasta 15 Sold
    Udet Fokker Vii Sold
    Goring Fokker Vii Sold
    2 Barker Camels
    1 Ellwood Camel Sold
    1 Barker Snipe
    1 Ryrie Snipe
    1 Barker Snipe (overpainted misc.)
    1 Fonck Spad
    1 Cadbury/Leckie DH4
    1 LFC Roland CII Luftstreitskrafte
    3 Bishop SE5a 1 Sold 2 remaining

7 Cockpit cards
    4 double sided Ballon/Drachen cards

Doms Decal sets for
    RFC Rondels, both types
    German Balkenkruz and Gothic
    4th Australian Flying Corps (12 aircraft, unused)
    Jasta 15 (used)
    Jasta 19 (used)

Figures in Comfort bag to hold all of the above.

I have posted some images below, but PM if you would like more. Not great quality though I'm afraid.

Only sensible offers please. I'd be happy to split up the collection.

Regards

Tim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0443.JPG   DSCF0451.JPG   DSCF0448.JPG   DSCF0450.JPG   DSCF0461.JPG  

DSCF0442.JPG   DSCF0468.JPG   DSCF0466.JPG   DSCF0457.JPG   DSCF0469.JPG  

DSCF0464.JPG   DSCF0452.JPG   DSCF0465.JPG   DSCF0470.JPG  
    Last edited by iceman; 11-17-2011 at 04:05. Reason: updated list

Interested in Goering and possibly Udet.

iceman

All listed on eBay now, so best to look there under elysians40k

iceman

Okay, updated list see original post (in red)

Lots of interest and watches.