Ares Games

Thread: Staaken Time for the Moon Boys! Again?

Default Staaken Time for the Moon Boys! Again?

Just off the factory floor! A fresh fleet for my Operation Zeppelin Overcast!

A sharp eye might see a pair of 5 engined Staakens in the mix, late war crosses and fall lozenge.

The dreaded Black Staakens Twins!

Night Bombers, dark blue and black! Should be ready for any mission now!

The build. Building from scratch is very fun and rewarding, you get to make your own mistakes! Bass wood wings, fuselage, dowel nacelles and styrene sheet tail assemblies. Wheels rolled from plastic heat baked clay and a lot of aluminum and styrene wire!

Lotsa parts!

Prop fever, 34 of them!

Can you imagine the sound? This is too much fun! Now onto the Nieuport Tripes!

No rest for the wicked, and the righteous don't need it : ) -enjoy my madness, I am!
    -clipper

Holy s... that's scary!

Great job mind you

Those look great, David! I wish I had the motivation that you have.

Ypu sir are a very sick man, and there is no cure but mare playing time to get you away from the manufacturing floor. I'm just jealous of your building skills.

Amazing. How go I get a few to NZ!

I will be to Auckland in the spring to see my kids, might need a big suitcase . . . clipper

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    I will be to Auckland in the spring to see my kids, might need a big suitcase . . . clipper
    When's spring in real terms? We having a WOW event in Feb!

Oh yeah, I forgot you have your own seasons, : } be around Mayish. My son works for Battle Front; Flames of War WWII game with minis too.
    clipper

Oh yeah, I forgot you have your own seasons, : } be around Mayish. My son works for Battle Front; Flames of War WWII game with minis too.
    clipper
    I'll put an ordering in now then! Have you come up with a price for each?

See my info on the for sale thread, lotsa goodies there.
    clipper

awesome, just awesome... and scary.....

Absolutely beautiful!
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    Be afraid Londonners...
    Yes! things do seem to be Staaken up against us, but we still have Nigel in his trusty "Biff" night fighter to defend us.
    Kyte.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Yes! things do seem to be Staaken up against us, but we still have Nigel in his trusty "Biff" night fighter to defend us.
    Kyte.
    Hew better have lots of friends with him, then. Gees, with that number of heavies, he could raid by daylight, and still get through...at least with WOW rules.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Hew better have lots of friends with him, then. Gees, with that number of heavies, he could raid by daylight, and still get through...at least with WOW rules.
    Karl
    Not if you are flying a Flight of "Biff" Night Fighters with AB/A guns and an Immelmann turn at your disposal. With that fire power even a Staaken goes down.
    Rob.

Thumbs up

WOW!Thats just Awesome Clipper.
    How do you find the Time

Thumbs up

David!

Your talent for great projects, plus mass production is amazing!

RICH

WOW, those look great! (You don't do things by half measures, do ya?)

What !!! only 9.... You are slacking man... hup 2 hup 2 get working
    Cracking matey

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Not if you are flying a Flight of "Biff" Night Fighters with AB/A guns and an Immelmann turn at your disposal. With that fire power even a Staaken goes down.
    Rob.
    OK, your house or mine?
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    OK, your house or mine?
    Karl
    Mine.
    Rob.

Just when I thought I was through with these big beasties, I turn the page and find the outragous RS I - IV series of sea plane bombers! Will it ever end?????????????? See what happens when I get out?
    -clipper

Just when I thought I was through with these big beasties, I turn the page and find the outragous RS I - IV series of sea plane bombers! Will it ever end?????????????? See what happens when I get out?
    -clipper
    Don't worry David, I am sending you my old straight jacket in the post. It won't stop you, but it will slow you down a bit.
    Rob.

Looking to revisit the Staaken assembly line, any interest? And what version would be most popular 3 engines, 4 or 5?

Staaken time indeed! I seem to have a fancy for these things! Note the dreaded "Black Staakenz", every thing looks great in black, any repaints planned out there?

Quote Originally Posted by alpine View Post
    Those look great, David! I wish I had the motivation that you have.
    And the skill

Looking to revisit the Staaken assembly line, any interest? And what version would be most popular 3 engines, 4 or 5?
    R. IV only one that served both east and west......

Mein Gott!
    You must live in a full size hangar!