Ares Games

Thread: A milestone reached!

Default A milestone reached!

Well chaps... THe drinks are all on me this round! After 2 years I finally made it to 500 posts... Although my internet connection may be sporadic, I use my time between sorties paintin' up the fighters for the boys to go up in.
    Brings to mind, I wonder if the painters of the planes were actually in demand depending on their skill? I know in WWII there were a few good nose artists!

Congrats on the sorties flown Alan - may there be many more to come!

Congratulation, Captain.

By the way...

From which airbase do you operate with you red ME 109?

Spammer

No seriously congratulations

Alan! I'm joining you with a bottle of red wine tonight for all the fantastic art you have provided us with (my own avatar is an example)! Keep up the good work and don't worry about number of the posts. We know you work hard for the 'drome's community in the background

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Congratulation, Captain.

By the way...

It must be one of the following:

Rot-enburg an der Fulda (Hessen)
    Rot-enburg (Wümme) (Nieder Sachsen)
    Rot-h (Bayern)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiraz68 View Post
    Congrats on the sorties flown Alan - may there be many more to come!
    Well done

Congrats! Spitfires at 12 o' clock!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post

Rot-h (Bayern)
    Could be Rot -herham!

Congrats Alan
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post

Rot-h (Bayern)
    Or maybe Rot-burg ob der Taube.

Grats!

Arrow

I won't mention Rott-weiler then Captain. Two crates of your favourite booze are waiting behind the bar for you Alan. One from Kyte and one from myself for all the support you have given.
    Well done that man.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Congratulations Captain Max Headroom(Alan)!

Ill gladly join you in the mess Alan, especially after all the cards you have done for me. A big thank you for all your hard work and allowing to field my planes with their own cards
    Now here is to you sir

Well Done Captain!

Thank You! For all that you do for the Aerodrome & it's members!

Congratulations and well done.

Congratulations on your promotion Max well desered and llllllllllong over due.
    Thanks for all the hard work you put into the awesome cards you produce and your support of WOW in the North Island.
    You Sir are a credit to New Zealand.
    Linz

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Two crates of your favourite booze are waiting behind the bar for you Alan.
    Shouldn't he be getting the Rot-gut?

:)

Thumbs up

Congratulations Alan. Well Done!
    Many, Many thanks for all the great work you preform for the Aerodrome.
    You deserve a Case of Stein Larger.
    I will ask the Supply Sergent to have one in the Officers Club for you.

Congrats Alan. Well done and well deserved.

A big congrats and an even bigger thank you from me dear friend. You work here at the Aerodrome is most appreciated!

Himmel, if I knew the guys came already drunk to your party, I wouldn't have asked for your airbase...

Cheers, Kamerad!

Congratulations, and thank you for all of your contributions for the Aerodrome!

Captain Headroom... you are a class above the rest of us! I raise my glass to you!!!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Thanks fellows for all your kind words and I truly enjoy doing the 'work' with the little cards and avatars!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post

:embarass: There's and emarassing tale behind the red Bf109...
    I utilize wingspalette site for nearly all my cards and stumbled across the red 109 way back when my avatar was Richthoffen's red Dr. I (as I nearly always fly it in games) and thought it would make a unique avatar.
    It wasn't till just recently that Andrea mentioned he liked my 'fantasy' red 109 to which I replied it was a factual color. He said he didn't know of any quite that red which sent me back to wingspalette to source the unit from which it flew... I realized my grievous error when I read it was a desert unit and that some clown had scanned the image from who knows where with the reds pushed way up!
    So, now I fly the red 109 with pride and will join you all in a good laugh at myself and fly from any aerodrome that will accept my ridiculous color scheme!

Cheers all!

I think we should call your plane "The Red Mess"!

Quote Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
    Thanks fellows for all your kind words and I truly enjoy doing the 'work' with the little cards and avatars!

:embarass: There's and emarassing tale behind the red Bf109...
    I utilize wingspalette site for nearly all my cards and stumbled across the red 109 way back when my avatar was Richthoffen's red Dr. I (as I nearly always fly it in games) and thought it would make a unique avatar.
    It wasn't till just recently that Andrea mentioned he liked my 'fantasy' red 109 to which I replied it was a factual color. He said he didn't know of any quite that red which sent me back to wingspalette to source the unit from which it flew... I realized my grievous error when I read it was a desert unit and that some clown had scanned the image from who knows where with the reds pushed way up!
    So, now I fly the red 109 with pride and will join you all in a good laugh at myself and fly from any aerodrome that will accept my ridiculous color scheme!

Cheers all!
    Your always welcome at all the Ohio Aerodromes, Alan!
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Congrats on the milestone, Alan. Well done. No go get 500 more!

Congrats Alan, go ahead!

... my best wishes to NZ.

Matthias

Congrats. But when are you getting the Ax Medal for being Max. Now if you were only depressed......

Quote Originally Posted by Madboyo View Post
    Congrats. But when are you getting the Ax Medal for being Max. Now if you were only depressed......
    Yes we could give him the Blue Max.Good one Chris, and for a rainy day we could give him the plastic Max.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Well done Alan!!! I raise my right hand to salute you, and my left to toast you!!! Oberst, I think we should have a special medal for those who specifically paint their planes and post them for all to see in honor of Alans card designs. Call it the "Red Max"!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Yes we could give him the Blue Max.Good one Chris, and for a rainy day we could give him the plastic Max.
    Rob.
    Actually, he has already received the Blue Max from the site... he's just not shown any photos of it!

Quote Originally Posted by crashx View Post
    Well done Alan!!! I raise my right hand to salute you, and my left to toast you!!! Oberst, I think we should have a special medal for those who specifically paint their planes and post them for all to see in honor of Alans card designs. Call it the "Red Max"!!!
    Humm, there might be something to this....

I'd have to find a 1/200 Do-335 to paint my avatar then
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Thumbs up

Alan!

Congratulations a milepost indeed! Your talents cannot be praised enough, or your contributions for that matter! Your cards have kept me flying for two years!

Rich

Well done Alan, gently does it old chap !

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Thanks for all the supportive corrections you lot have given also in development of many of the unofficial cards and for all your kind words AND actions!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Actually, he has already received the Blue Max from the site... he's just not shown any photos of it!
    I indeed did recieve a shiny medal on behalf of the aerodrome and it hangs on my wall. You lot who live in stationary houses will not appreciate the added bling as the medal jiggles around when I walk around my RV, but I did not wish to gloat (but now I have), so thank you all!

A well earned Blue Max, Max!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams