I have offered to run a game or two at Wintercon this year. One of them was wings of war. Mostly the convention has games that are signed up for by timeslot. I was hoping for a more "open" format but still try to keep it fun.

Here is a list of brainstorm ideas that I'm hoping you all can help with to turn into a fun game for experienced and new players that is very active for all involved.

Start times: I was thinking either a constantly running game where anyone can join at any time and is just given a new random plane to be thrown into the mix, or a series of sorties where whoever is available at that time starts playing and when the last pilot from one side is downed we take a short 5 or 10 minute break with a sign saying "next sortie at xx:xx" and let people hang out until it starts. This way people will not pass it up because the game will not start for another 5 hours and can use it to fill in between waiting for other games to start.

Planes: I was planning on using all my own minis, Pfalz DIII, Camels, DVa, Spad XIIIs maybe a two seater or two. Add in the Wings of war east and west mats and my newly acquired aerodrome acessories gimbal mounts and flame/smoke markers and it should be impressive looking to draw in people unfamiliar,

Format: Some type of random side and plane generating with a possible mission option. Maybe a deck of the plane cards and just deal one out to anyone present and if they get a two seater make a quick photo target.

Rules: Double A damage deck (possibly with explosions removed?), no altitude, Jams and fires only.

Presentation: I was hoping to have a sign or banner with Wings of Glory as the main banner and then a couple of smaller pictures or Wings of glory aerodrome with the website and aerodrome accessories as smaller pictures with website info. (Might as well promote everything at once) I was also thinking some type of poster board with a chart to record kills and such for different people so they could see stats and keep track of how they did. This would be easier with single sorties and a little difficult with a constantly running "rotating" game but I am looking for ideas here.

So everyone please shoot holes in this ( I know how much you all like shooting holes in things, that's why we're all here) and give as much constructive advice as you can.