Ares Games

Thread: ACE painting contest

Default ACE painting contest

With the little planes so hard to find these days, we are going to go big, real big! Paint up one of the new Aerodrome Accessories Fokker D.VII ACE Cockpits in your personal colors or your favorite historical paint scheme.

Who: Any registered Wings of War Aerodrome member.
    What: ACE Cockpit - Fokker D.VII Repaint Contest.
    When: 1 December 2011 is the deadline for entries.
    Prize: ACE Cockpit - SPAD XIII
    Winner chosen by: Community vote.

The unpainted ACE Cockpit Fokker D.VII looks like this:

In a very short amount of time (and a couple cans of spray paint), it can look like this:

See this thread for more details on the new ACE Cockpit - Fokker D.VII

I want in on this contest Boss... but I don't have the cash to get the kit in time to get it done... maybe next contest! I hope you get some good entries!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Well, I don't think the contest is going to happen. Only one ACE Cockpit out there so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Well, I don't think the contest is going to happen. Only one ACE Cockpit out there so far.
    Wish I had the cash.... I have this move coming... and I was really stretching things buying the balloon from Ed2.

I'd be game for a standard WoW mini repaint contest... just pick a mini and repaint it as you see fit... but that is just me!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

If I had not been hit by a cashflow problem this would have been my first try at a competion entry ,its a shame maybe if re run after Christmas .

I'm buying one and would like to officially enter my name as a contestant please

Keith do you think you could extend the deadline of the contest to the end of December?
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Users Country Flag

Name
    Lucas
    Sorties Flown

I will be buying one soon and will enter this contest.

I started painting my Fokker tonight and should have it ready by tomorrow night I'll send or post pics if it ok with you.

OK Well here's my pics of my DVII. I chose the Josef Jacobs paint scheme. I also did a little customizing by cutting away the bottom tail skid to make it look a little more realistic and adding a pilot step bar by the cockpit. I am adding a prop but that's on order from my hobby store..

Looks really good and I like the custom effects!

Looks as if this is finally taking off Herr Oberst.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Nicely done, I do like Jacobs triplane.

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Joseph's 'Jacobs' got my vote. Be hard to top that one.

I am sorry to say with only one entry, this contest has been closed.