Ares Games

Thread: Wings of War event? What do you expect?

Default Wings of War event? What do you expect?

People may have noticed that lately there have been some Belgian Wings of War players joining. What's more is that we're almost all from the same region, within 20 miles of one another. In part this is due to club The Brassman discovering Wings of War (yeah, I know we're late). Anyway, we believe it is a fun game. During our last club evening we have been discussing this a bit and we are considering organizing a Wings of War event.

At the moment, that is all that we've got in mind. There is no date set, no format set, nothing at all. Before we actually start planning anything, I thought it might be a good idea to see what you guys would want to see in an event. One day, two day, campaigns, just fun games, visit to local WWI musea, WWI, WWII or both.

There are some possibilities we see, and we already have some extensive experience organizing events and tournaments. Just tell us what you think should encompass. At the moment there is no definate promise this will get organized, but it would serve us and others to form an idea on what we'd like to organize if we get to it (which for us seems to be likely).

With kind regards,

Christof

I live in Aachen (Germany) which actually is not that far from where you live. At least I live closer than most of the other non-Begium guys here...

For a nice two day event including WW1 gaming an a visit at the local WW1 musea I would try to come.

Another european Wings of War event will take place on the next RPC (Cologne, Germany, April 17th-18th 2010). If you have any suggestions or want to know what we are planning (and are able to understand German) you can look here. Otherwise you can send me a pm with your questions or suggestions.

KouryouChairudo

I kinda like the idea. I will need some practice of course. How many are playing in Ostend on a regular basis?

Well, we're setting up something at the moment, but I guess there's at least some 10 to 15 people who have already dabbled into it. There are also some planes from the club itself. There are a couple of people from Gent that we know who're also interested (even going so far as buying a couple of the club's planes).
    Once we get the Legends of the Old West campaign going, the next one is WoW and/or Spacehulk.

Similar Missions

1. Welcome to the Wings of War Aerodrome
    By zMaint in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 02-18-2021, 01:41
  2. Wings of War Video's
    By ff151 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-10-2010, 13:07
  3. Repaint Contest - Win a Wings of War or Dawn of War box set!
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Past Contests
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 08:30
  4. Evolution of Wings of War
    By Jmac in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-21-2009, 10:07