Ares Games
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Virtual Bar Is Open!

Talking The Virtual Officer's Club Bar Is Open!

Hello all, just a lighthearted thread here.

I saw the description for the Officers Club as an area to kick back and have a drink after a mission, and I had a thought. There are many times that I will kick back after work and have a glass of suds while checking out the latest info on my favorite game forums.

So if this were a "virtual bar" as the description suggests, and supposing that you were just in from a mission; and the bar was in fact open; what would you order?

"Bartender, get me a...(you fill in the blank)"

Me? I'll have a pint of "Edmund Fitzgerald" brew (stout) from The Great Lakes Brewing Compnay.
    Last edited by kaufschtick; 09-15-2009 at 20:53.

Heckmac

A shot of Wild Turkey with a Harder Mike's Lemonade chaser...

Thumbs up

Rodger_Wilco's back!

"Bartender, the next round is on me! Set em' up!"
    Last edited by kaufschtick; 08-25-2009 at 21:22.

Name
    Holger Hofmann
    Sorties Flown

Coke!

Only the original (Zero? Pepsi? ) and by the gallon.

I'll have another Flaming German, thanks!

Wildcard

Hey Bartender....Vodka straight up!

Well, William Barker wasn't much of a drinker, his father was a teetotaler, but he does mention beer in his letters occasionally.

So how about a 1915 or 1916 beer, from the Somme region?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamBarkerVC View Post

Wouldn't beer that old be kinda skunkie?
    Last edited by kaufschtick; 08-26-2009 at 13:36.

Name
    Holger Hofmann
    Sorties Flown

LOL! (honestly)

I'll have a beer thanks, partial to a Carlton Fusion at the moment!

Talking The joints starting to get full here, it's picking up.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Wilco View Post
    I'll have a beer thanks, partial to a Carlton Fusion at the moment!
    If I haven't said it before, then I'm gonna say it now...

Unlikely as it may be considering the fact that we are on opposite sides of the planet, if I ever got the chance I'd be more than happy to buy you a few of whatever beer you may happen to fancy at the time!

- Here's a "Cheers!" From one side of the planet to the other!

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj View Post
    I'll have another Flaming German, thanks!
    (Barkeep scratches his head in thought...)

"Let's see here, hm...Flaming German...that's three parts schnapps, and um... two parts flaming, with a smoldering biplane as the garnish I believe..."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    Hey Bartender....Vodka straight up!
    "On the way. Should I start you a tab sir?"

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamBarkerVC View Post
    "We're all out of that lad, but how about a shot of scotch on the house, and we'll all raise a glass in honor of sir William Barker."

(Barkeep clears throat) "-GENTLEMEN!-"

"Raise a glass..."

"CHEERS!" (clank) "Let others not forget!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrodamus View Post
    Coke!

Only the original and by the gallon.
    "I'm sorry young fella, but that sort of thing is not legal around these parts...*OH*, you mean the drink! "

"Certainly, but we only have the original in the little 7oz bottles. Will you be having a nip of Rum with that tonight sir?"

Quote Originally Posted by Heckmac View Post
    A shot of Wild Turkey with a Harder Mike's Lemonade chaser...
    "Be right with you sir. Ah, by the way sir, did they ever fire Joey over there at the Mike's facility? You know sir, the goofy guy that came up with the idea for Mike's, double caffeinated, soy lemonade?"

Last edited by kaufschtick; 08-26-2009 at 13:27.

And no doubt, a Bud for your self barkeep!

Name
    Holger Hofmann
    Sorties Flown

You confused me keeper, don't you use the term 'Coke' over here (yet)? Only the small bottles you say? Perhaps you just deposite two crates beside my stool ...

And yes, you're right on me having a more mature drink this time. Guess you don't have a 'Koelsch' (special beer at the Cologne area) or a 'Weizen' (bavarian wheat beer) on hand, do you? So please add a dash of Sco.. er Bourbon to my Cola.

Talking

You confused me keeper, don't you use the term 'Coke' over here (yet)?
    "I'm terribly sorry sir, I thought you were referring to the drug at first, my apologies!"

Only the small bottles you say? Perhaps you just deposite two crates beside my stool ...

And yes, you're right on me having a more mature drink this time. Guess you don't have a 'Koelsch' (special beer at the Cologne area) or a 'Weizen' (bavarian wheat beer) on hand, do you? So please add a dash of Sco.. er Bourbon to my Cola.
    "Two crates of sodas and bottle of Bourbon, coming right up."

Iron Squid

If nobody minds drinking with a rookie, I'll have a scotch Single malt, if you please!

Slamdunk

(Walks into officer's club. Tosses two serial numbers cut from the sides of two victims into the corner near the scoreboard. Pulls off Leather Jacket and stuffs flight cab into pocket. Hangs coat on peg.) "Good evening Gentlemen. Barkeep! Jack Daniels straight up, sir.
    Holding drink up. "To two brave men." Slams the drink back. "Another please, good sir."

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Squid View Post
    If nobody minds drinking with a rookie, I'll have a scotch Single malt, if you please!
    Yes Sir, one scotch coming up. It's not that the lads have an issue in drinking with a rookie mind you. It's whether or not they'll fly with one that's important.

"That just leaves Stachel. Who will fly with Stachel?"

Quote Originally Posted by Slamdunk View Post
    (Walks into officer's club. Tosses two serial numbers cut from the sides of two victims into the corner near the scoreboard. Pulls off Leather Jacket and stuffs flight cap into pocket. Hangs coat on peg.)

"Good evening Gentlemen. Barkeep! Jack Daniels straight up, sir."

Holding drink up. "To two brave men." Slams the drink back. "Another please, good sir."

"Should I leave the bottle young man?"

(In a strange twist of time and space, a 1st Cav. Officer is heard saying somewhere toward the back of the Officers Club just then...)

Kilgore: "Someday this war's gonna end..."
    Last edited by kaufschtick; 09-15-2009 at 20:34.

Users Country Flag

Name
    David Thren
    Sorties Flown

Non-drinker here, I'll have a coca-cola and make sure the rest of you get back to the bunks in one piece.

Well I've been sitting here three weeks now I think I'd better go home and get some sleep, "barkeep another beer for the road please! Better make it a double, it looks cold outside"

Default Get that man a drink!

Hey there Rookie, I'll drink with you!

Well I've been sitting here three weeks now I think I'd better go home and get some sleep, "barkeep another beer for the road please! Better make it a double, it looks cold outside"
    LOL!!! R_W...love that avatar!

I'd raise a glass o' suds with you both, but I'm on the wrong side of the planet!

What the hell, distance never stopped me before...Cheers!

Iron Squid

Quote Originally Posted by kaufschtick View Post
    Yes Sir, one scotch coming up. It's not that the lads have an issue in drinking with a rookie mind you. It's whether or not they'll fly with one that's important.
    Perfectly understandable. It's hard to keep up with us AFC boys, be it drinking or flying. Can't bame them for worrying we might show them up!

This round's on me, Roger!

Another scotch here, bloke!

I'd raise a glass o' suds with you both, but I'm on the wrong side of the planet!

What the hell, distance never stopped me before...Cheers!
    Let's see what the bottoms of these bottles look like!

Cheers!

Smile

Perfectly understandable. It's hard to keep up with us AFC boys, be it drinking or flying. Can't bame them for worrying we might show them up!
    I believe I'll take your word on that from what I've read about RAAF No. 75 & 80 Squadrons, from WWII. Tough Hombres indeed!

This round's on me, Roger!

Another scotch here, bloke!
    "Coming right up young fellow."

Let's see what the bottoms of these bottles look like!

Cheers!
    (The Squadron Adjutant walks in just then...speaks in a raised voice above the din...)

"Listen up Lads!"

"Come on now...Settle down!"

(Clears throat)

"All right now..."

"Flight assignments for tomorrows missions are as follows..."

Iron Squid

I believe I'll take your word on that from what I've read about RAAF No. 75 & 80 Squadrons, from WWII. Tough Hombres indeed!
    Well, they did have P-40s

Well, they did have P-40s
    The best, second best fighter of the war!

I always had great admiration for those men and pilots who found themselves in the position of having to "hold the line" in the early years of the war.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."

~ Theodore Roosevelt.
    Last edited by kaufschtick; 09-18-2009 at 09:44.

Hey kaufy, did you edit out a line about P-39's or have I somehow replied to the wrong thread!
    Last edited by Roger Wilco; 09-20-2009 at 00:33. Reason: previous thread was edited and my reply no longer applied

Mines a pint of "Honey Dew" ale, one of those organic beer's thats doing the rounds in the UK. They dont make you feel like s*** the next morning, which is always important when you have to take your kite up and show Tommy who's the masters of the air!!

Smile

Hey kaufy, did you edit out a line about P-39's or have I somehow replied to the wrong thread!
    R_W, maybe you were replying to one of my PMs to you? I got the reference to the "car door" of the P-39, but I didn't edit anything out in this thread.

I knew what you were getting at though!

I'm kinda fond of the ole' P-39 too, in case you couldn't tell! But I knew what you getting at!

No worries, probably lack of sleep catching up on me, this nightshift caper is starting to make me see things that aren't there.

Talking You better watch out, you'll wind up in a Catch-22!

No worries, probably lack of sleep catching up on me, this nightshift caper is starting to make me see things that aren't there.
    Maj. Major: Is something wrong?
    Tappman: No, no. I . . . just thought I saw something.
    Maj. Major: A naked man in a tree?
    Tappman: Yes, that's it.
    Danby: [looking through binoculars] That's just Yossarian.

Maj. Major: Is something wrong?
    Tappman: No, no. I . . . just thought I saw something.
    Maj. Major: A naked man in a tree?
    Tappman: Yes, that's it.
    Danby: [looking through binoculars] That's just Yossarian.

LOL Now look what youv'e gone and done! I'm going to have to go out and by that stupid movie tomorrow I haven't seen it in probably 15 years......... actually come to think of it, not since before I was married, so thats over 20 years ago. Gee I hope its still available in English!

I just worked out why things don't look clear to me any more, both my glasses are empty. Two more of those double shotted beers please.

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

A Stein of a Dark Lager and a shot of Schnapps

I just worked out why things don't look clear to me any more, both my glasses are empty. Two more of those double shotted beers please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Setarius View Post
    A Stein of a Dark Lager and a shot of Schnapps
    Hold on, hold on here!

I think you guys are getting a little carried away here! Remember, we've got flying business going on here. I think Davot & aarondpjames have a serious point here.

Quote Originally Posted by aarondpjames View Post
    Mines a pint of "Honey Dew" ale, one of those organic beer's thats doing the rounds in the UK. They dont make you feel like s*** the next morning, which is always important when you have to take your kite up and show Tommy who's the masters of the air!!

Quote Originally Posted by Davot View Post
    Non-drinker here, I'll have a coca-cola and make sure the rest of you get back to the bunks in one piece.
    Good Heavens! I think these two are right! The rest of us have turned into nothing more than a rabble of drunken airmen! We need to establish some "gentlemans guidelines" around this squadron, if we're going to attempt to maintain any semblance of respectability at all.

I'll have to borrow this from the boys over in the 918th Bomb Group, from the movie Twelve O'Clock High. I think it was called the Toby Mug. We might have to come up with our name for it here though.

OK, so we're all on the same page here, in case you haven't seen the movie, when the mug is face out, there is a mission on for the coming morning, and the OC bar is closed.

If the mug is turned "handle side out", then the OC bar is open, and so let the spirits flow!

(I hope I don't have that backward! It's been a while since I've watched that flick! It's a good one though, definately worth watching every now and then.)

LOL Now look what youv'e gone and done! I'm going to have to go out and buy that stupid movie tomorrow I haven't seen it in probably 15 years......... actually come to think of it, not since before I was married, so thats over 20 years ago. Gee I hope its still available in English!
    Yeah, it is a good movie , and I don't have it in my collection anywhere either. You have a good idea; I may have to go out and see if I can't track down a copy myself!
    Last edited by kaufschtick; 09-24-2009 at 02:06.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Perry
    Sorties Flown

A Priest, a Senator, and a Blonde walk into a bar. The Blonde orders a drink and .... Whoops - forum rules say no religion or politics.

Quote Originally Posted by SHVAK View Post
    A Priest, a Senator, and a Blonde walk into a bar. The Blonde orders a drink and .... Whoops - forum rules say no religion or politics.
    Well, that ruins my joke about the "two Nuns in a bath" then......

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by SHVAK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aarondpjames View Post
    Well, that ruins my joke about the "two Nuns in a bath" then......
    (barkeep works his way down the bar, cleaning the counter top as he goes...)

"Gentleman, of course there is no religion or politics in here. This is the Officers Club bar, and there are certain gentlemanly "codes" we adhear to here."

General Count von Klugermann: Take a look outside. See that? Revolution is just beneath the surface! If that happens, everything we stand for will be DESTROYED - unless the German officer corps stands like a rock, intact! And what is more important, untarnished. I made this Stachel into a national hero for good military reasons. If I court-martial him now, it will reflect on the integrity of the whole officer corps.
    Otto Heidemann: Herr General, I see now, I have notions of honor which are outdated.
    General Count von Klugermann: Ahh, they're not outdated!
    [pause]
    General Count von Klugermann: Stored. With care, and love, for better times.

Last edited by kaufschtick; 09-25-2009 at 22:12.

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Hey Barkeep where are teh darts and dart board?
    Since we can't shoot anyone in here we might as well beat them on the boards.
    Give me another round.

Talking

Hey Barkeep where are the darts and dart board?
    Since we can't shoot anyone in here we might as well beat them on the boards.
    "Darts you say? Ah yes, in the back young lad, in the back."

(gestures toward the back of the room)

"You take heed now and watch your wallet, some of the lads are quite handy with those darts now, and they don't let on to that sometimes right away."

(gives a quick wink & smile)

"One more thing, just ignore anything on the dartboard that may look like electronic scoring; it hasn't been invented yet. That's just your typical; run o' the mill; standard 1916 dartboard there, no matter what it looks like...hanging in the back of your typical; run o' the mill; standard 1916 officers club for pilots in France."

Give me another round.
    "Another dark lager & schnapps for you then?"
    Last edited by kaufschtick; 09-27-2009 at 17:38.

Exclamation Empty Glasses!?!

"We'll have none of that "empty glasses" stuff around here!"

"I'll have one of the bar maids bring you a couple...on the house!"

Last edited by kaufschtick; 10-20-2009 at 20:41.

For a Queenslander my order is simple 6pack of XXXX (yes that is the name of the beer) followed by a bottle of Bunderberg rum.

Oh dear! Say Alastair! You don't own that black supercharged Maloo with spotlights on the rollbar and a huge RMW sticker on the back window do you? The one thats in the carpark outside next to the dunny block? Sorry but I just backed into it with my Cascade delivery truck. Its OK! The dent we can fix, but I couldn't revive the kelpie.

Talking

I think you are mistaken Cascade trucks are stopped at the boarder and made to go back home

Bartender: Best crack open a Routes Du Epices from Dieu Du Ciel for me please. Nothing like it to hit the spot

Quote Originally Posted by Davot View Post
    That makes two of us designated drivers. I'll have a club soda with lime. Or a Coke. Or both. But not in the same glass. Unless the glasses are dirty.

Barkeep...

A glass of your best single malt, neat...A glass of pinot noir...A glass of Seagrams and Seven-Up...

Quote Originally Posted by Cujo8-1 View Post
    Barkeep...

A glass of your best single malt, neat...A glass of pinot noir...A glass of Seagrams and Seven-Up...
    Bejeezus! I ain't sitting next to that lad barkeep, that combination won't be staying put and will be taking flight on its own.

*goes to sit in teh corner, out of the blast zone*

Users Country Flag

Name
    Troy
    Sorties Flown

Just have to love a woman that can handle her beer (great picture BTW, Kaufschtick). And if it's going to be drinks it has to be either Black and Tans, single malt scotch or Captain Morgan's Tattoo rum (by the gallon).
    Last edited by Horse4261; 10-22-2009 at 19:14.

Can I please have a Vodka Martini, no ice, no lemon, stirred, not shaken (yeah...really)

thank you kindly

Barkeep!........What Else?....Some Canadian Club, Please.......or whatever the Scotties are drinkin'..............

Hey....can anybody play that piano over there?.......how about a sing-song!

Anybody know..."the Maple Leaf Forever"?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast