Ares Games
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New Videos of WW1 Aircraft

This week it's another look at a couple of Dr.1s on patrol....

Those are great Allan. I was able to see 3 triplanes this past weekend. It was the first time I got to see WWI aircraft fly and it was great. Thanks for these outstanding videos you share with us.

I know that the de Havilland Mosquito is not a WW1 aircraft, and that's it's also not even part of WOGS yet, but I suspect there are a lot of you who will be keen to see this video of the Mossie that has just flown in New Zealand.... :-)

Thumbs up

Allan

Thank you again! With patience i will see her flying over Virginia Beach! Thank you once again!

Rich

Love it! Thank you for sharing!

All I can say is very impressive as usual Allan.
    The whole fly by was very moving. Thank you.
    Rob.

Thank you for posting this video. It is great to see a flying Mosquito. It is really good that there are so many enthusiasts in New Zealand restoring old aircraft.

Here's a short video of a Fokker D.VII taking on a Bristol Fighter F2.b. This video does start to show how maneuverable the F2.b is when it's flung around...

Wow those birds really could turn on a dime

Great Allan.
    could watch that "Biff" all day. No wonder Nigel Bouncer-Smythe thinks so much of his.
    Come on Ares, get that next set of Aircraft with the Bristol in it off the stocks. I can see Kyte and his merry men changing over to a Flight of those.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Great Allan.
    could watch that "Biff" all day. No wonder Nigel Bouncer-Smythe thinks so much of his.
    Come on Ares, get that next set of Aircraft with the Bristol in it off the stocks. I can see Kyte and his merry men changing over to a Flight of those.
    Rob.
    I'm with you on that Rob. Give us a 'Biff' Ares

Rich

I never get tired of these videos!

Another nice video. I could tell they weren't playing WGF: no immelmanns
    Karl

Here's another look at (one of) of the new TVAL Sopwith Pups. This aircraft and three other new WW1 reproductions (R.E.8, Albatros D.Va and another Pup) are due to make their airshow/public debut this coming weekend at Hood Aerodrome in Masterton in New Zealand. Note that the new RE8/DVa are NOT the same pair that have recently been delivered to their new owners (RAFM) in the UK - these are another two aircraft. We'll get video and photos this weekend .... watch this space.

Another very nice bit of footage Allan.
    Just how fst are they knocking these new planes out?
    Rob.

Lovely vid of a sweet aircraft. I susspect that if I ever learned how to fly, I'd like to fly a pup, followed by a D7.
    If I hadn't noted it before, they always seem to fly over such wonderful countrysides.
    Thanks.
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Another very nice bit of footage Allan.
    Just how fst are they knocking these new planes out?
    Over the past few months, they've been coming out thick and fast as evidenced by two new reproduction Sopwith Pups with original rotary engines, a new RE8, and new Albatros Dva, and another new aircraft that we can't mention at the moment (hopefully in a couple of days). Watch this space.

From the archives comes this air-to-air video of the Nieuport 24. This particular aircraft has subsequently been destroyed in an accident in the USA :-(

We'll have some video of The Vintage Aviator's new aircraft next week (I'm still on the road so don't have much chance for editing just at the moment).

Awesome videos, Allan. I especially loved seeing the pilot's scarf billowing in the wind as the Sopwith Camel soared through the skin.

Thanks for sharing!

Here's some video of (The Vintage Aviator's) TWO Royal Aircraft Factory F.E.2b's in the air together .... I suspect this is something that hasn't been seen since late 1918....

I said there'd be some interesting new footage soon, so there you are -- hope you all enjoy this incredible sight!

Awesome! This is time travelling... Gives me goose-bumps!

What a sensation could be flying with these planes!

for posting

Marco

Hi all,

It's been a while since I posted any WW1 video clips, so here's another -- this is an older video of the Vintage Aviator's first five triplanes, in their 'original' (2003) colour schemes :

A very different offering from the usual Allan, but very instructive for any new pilots who are not conversant with WWI.
    Thanks for posting.
    Rob.

very nice, love to fly again, but life being what it is no more.

Very nice video! Great to see the the DR1s flying in the flesh. Good information too for the new enthusiasts!

Hi all, here's a WW1 video clip from last year's Warbirds Over Wanaka airshow in New Zealand. The TVAL aircraft displaying include the Sopwith Camel, Bristol Fighter F.2b and Fokker D.VIII:

Here's some video of one of the Pfalz D.III's built for the movie 'The Blue Max'....

The Vietnam style Helos videos Were very good a lot of memories their I work on CH-53s then a lot of memories. I know the site is for WW-I but come on the only biplane I've been in is a Red Baron Style plane and it's a 1933 Steersman! Open cockpit two-seater but still a commercial, not a real WW-I plane. I still have my dreams. Sigh!

DUDES! i want to thank you all for the Videos, made my night!

It was great getting the chance to see the Fokker and Pfalz in flight.
    Not a lot of chances to view those particular birds in the flesh.
    Thanks for continuing to post these interesting clips Allan.
    Much appreciated.
    Rob.

OH! Thanks for the great videos. they were really good. You have a great museum.

Here's a fairly nice air-to-air clip of Adolf Schreder's Albatros D.Va from Jasta 17 ...

Nice, VERY NICE!

This week's video is a (replica) Bristol F.2b Fighter seen in post-WW1 colour scheme. This video is about 11 years old, so the quality won't quite match the HD material we've been shooting in more recent times.

nice, very nice.

Superb video.
    My second favourite aircraft of WWI
    Thanks for posting it.
    Rob.

Nice vid; looks like a very pleasant plane to fly.
    Karl

Beautiful fighter!

I only wish I could see them in person, but vidoes will have to do. thanks for posting them

again thanks for videos since I'm house bond now. My wife takes me to the shop on Wednesday 5-7pm drops me off to play games and picks up around 10:00pm

It's been a while, but here's some more WW1 aircraft video -- Fokker Dr.1s and Bristol F.2b

Very nice.

Yes, a nice bit of footage Allan.
    I particularly liked the colour schemes on the Triplanes.
    Rob.

Not much footage of the Bristol...but who cares I love Tripes.

Here's another (different) video of seven of the Jasta 11 Fokker Dr.1s....

This clip is a segment taken from one of the DVDs we produced a few years back.

Cheers.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast